F1 2010 Season 1 - Contract offer from McLaren??

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
Hi guys,

I've just finished the Korean GP in my 1st season with Lotus.
I'm 3rd in the WDC table and have a Reputation of 19

I'd previously received offers from:
-Lotus (1st Driver)
-Sauber
-HRT
-Virgin
-Toro Rosso
I was holding out for an offer from either Williams or Force India, as I figured that'd be as high as I could go in my 1st season. However out of nowhere I get a $10m contract offer from McLaren to be Jenson Button's #2.

Not that I'm complaining, but should this have happened?
I did set Hamilton as my championship rival and have consistently beaten him ever since. Would this be enough to score a contract?

I'm a bit confused.

You are obviously doing a better job than Hamilton if you consistently beat him whilst driving an inferior car.
You are probably being offered a lot less money than he demanded. You will be Jenson's No 2, I doubt if Lewis would ever agree to that, and probably refused to re-sign. Also, it would appear he has lost his touch with McLaren and it is time for a change
So McLaren need a No 2 - you have obviously impressed them, and they can save money as well. I would bite their hand off grabbing the contract if I were you.
Your reputation seems low to me if you are running third in the championship. My current reputation is 18.5 after Silverstone and I am 4th in the WDC so I think they are taking a bit of a chance on you.

Your reputation seems low to me if you are running third in the championship. My current reputation is 18.5 after Silverstone and I am 4th in the WDC so I think they are taking a bit of a chance on you.

Yeh it took me a while to get good at the game lol. I only started getting wins/podiums after Monaco.
I accepted the offer straight away. Wasn't expecting the offer for at least another season!

Hi guys,

I've just finished the Korean GP in my 1st season with Lotus.
I'm 3rd in the WDC table and have a Reputation of 19

I'd previously received offers from:
-Lotus (1st Driver)
-Sauber
-HRT
-Virgin
-Toro Rosso
I was holding out for an offer from either Williams or Force India, as I figured that'd be as high as I could go in my 1st season. However out of nowhere I get a $10m contract offer from McLaren to be Jenson Button's #2.

Not that I'm complaining, but should this have happened?
I did set Hamilton as my championship rival and have consistently beaten him ever since. Would this be enough to score a contract?

I'm a bit confused.
Can you PLEASEEEE give me your savegames?

The bad thing is not to get offer from mclaren, since you constantly beat hamilton. The bad thing is to beat constantly hamilton at your 1st season with a bad car.

I suggest you to disable aids, and increase difficulty, and this will not happend anymore........

Hi guys,

... However out of nowhere I get a $10m contract offer from McLaren to be Jenson Button's #2.
Bad news I'm afraid -
The FIA have released the official list of teams and confirmed drivers for 2011 and apparently Lewis Hamilton has been reinstated at McLaren, and you are out.
There are No2 seats at Renault and Williams, along with vacancies at Force India, Torro Rosso, HRT, and Virgin, so give your $10m back and look for a new drive.

You will automatically get a contract offer from the team if you beat your championship rival, however when it comes to next years contract dont be suprised if you lose the drive due to not having a high enough rank.

yeah you need to beat him in the overall season ranking ie at the end of the season and you will be offered a contract with them.

also you mught receive a renewal with them at the end of the season it is usually a once off thing also what difficulty are you playing on and which car are you driving with?

I got an offer from ferrari as #2 driver in my 1st season as i was top of the points standing at the time with 3 races to go, i accepted it as i wanted to drive a faster car.

Season 2 was a lot harder as the targets for qualy and race were not a lowly 20th or 18th but top 5, much harder to finish that high up every race and therefore harder to keep the drive and easier to drop to a lower team.

A lot depends on how you set up your seasons as far as difficulty levels and race distance, i was doing 50% race distance on expert and i think it is more difficult to maintain consistency with longer distance races, some races seem to go on forever at 50%.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back