Searching for download space

Ruud

RACER Developer
Hi all,

Sorry for being too quiet lately, big project coming up soon which has taken quite a bit of time.
I plan to release a v0.8.35/v09RC1 this week, but Site5 has been complaining (suddenly) that I've been using too much shared-host resources for all the Racer downloads. So I'm searching for someone who can provide download space for versions to be downloads.

As for the usage; I often have a few versions 'live', and currently there's about 2-3Tb of bandwidth per month for those files.

Let me know if you have bandwidth to spare, thanks!
Ruud
(ruud at racer dot nl)

Yep I'll +1 that. If you make an account you can have different folders (which you can then link to) private files, password protected files.. etc..

Looking forward to RC1.. :)

Thanks for the pointers; I've selected MediaFire for now. Perhaps that is bandwidth limited, so I might need to go for things like hostmonster.com. Funny though, Site5 also advertises with unlimited diskspace/bandwidth for shared hosting, but the limiter there is resource usage, which is the problem. So in reality there *is* a limit, close to 1Tb/month perhaps.

We'll see how it fares...

I've never done it, but if someone sets up a torrent is it worthwhile?

I always thought an SVN deployment would be pretty cool too, then we can just 'update' and get the latest bits which might only be a few megabytes of new unique data...

Hmmm

Dave

I've never done it, but if someone sets up a torrent is it worthwhile?

I always thought an SVN deployment would be pretty cool too, then we can just 'update' and get the latest bits which might only be a few megabytes of new unique data...

Hmmm

Dave

A read only version control repository is actually not a bad idea. Only Ruud would have write access to it, and would commit changes when a new beta is ready.

With somekind of a version control, the update would just be a matter of a button click. You could also easily switch between racer versions etc.

I really hate to make a diff each time a new Racer version is out and then only copy the new stuff and preserve my configuration etc.

Yep... it would work very nicely. I've used it for all sorts of stuff over the years, but for Racer it would be ideal.

I'm not sure how much you can customise the client copy, but I don't think you'd need to check out the full SVN repos, but could just grab/update/clean up between versions (so you didn't have hundreds of megs of SVN folder data)

Hmmmm

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back