Scripts

Hi there. I would like to know what is responsible for the scripts (the files) in the latest versions Racer? Sorry for my bad english. :/

Scripts can be used to open/close car doors/tunk, control turn/hazard lights and anything else one is able to write a script for.

There is info on racer.nl in the documentation pages, take a look there.

Scripts are a bit messy right now.

The scopes and features are all a bit mixed up and Onyx has just appeared which might change things a lot again.

Ie, we have some ability to edit car.ini variables via RSX scripting, but that might be better via Onyx for example (ie, active damping or whatever)

The biggest issue to being creative with scripting right now is the lack of scope. Lots of variables can be changed via scripting such as car suspension length, but then some others are missed out, such as tyre spring rate or pacejka variables.

Again, perhaps the current scripting is going to be more suited just to doing graphical things, while Onyx can sit underneath and do much more thorough and accurate car.ini variable adjustments on the fly.

In any case, I'd just aim to get a nice car working in Racer with good car.ini, sounds and graphics, that alone is a big challenge to get completed before worrying about scripting in extras!

Also consider the scripting approach seems to be changing actively right now. We have had three approaches so far and none seems to be finished or fully implemented yet so anything you do might not work in 6 months time, or be phased out in favour of a different approach... ie, lets just do everything with Onyx now as it seems better..!?

Hmmmmm

Dave

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%