screengpl7E1chronos.jpg

lotus435b.jpg

Rally Trophy
RT2.JPG

GP500
GP5002.jpg

GT Legends
GT401.jpg

Sports Cars GT! wow. Loved this game to bits despite being very bad at it. Do you have more screens of this game? I got so pissed off at pCars 2 for having the Panoz as pre-order bonus.

I don't have any more, it was just showing how it looks scaled up. I could take more if I had time, but I'm currently doing a specific F1 comparison. More on that after F1 2017 has been released!

Some not so Retro sim shots here being shown. ^^^
+1

I am actually doing some Nascar Racing 2003 racing today. It works brilliant even on modern PC's.
Come on, it's not retro! It is still so damn good, that it doesn't count as a "retro" game :laugh:

I don't even bother to use that much mods with nr2003 anymore, I only throw in some high-res texture carset for original cars and go with it. Occasionally I use Cup2000 mod or some of the Brian Ring tracks, but usually original content just works the best. Especially AI can be frustrating with some mod tracks.

GP4 is still also marvelous and looks incredibly good when you just crank AA up :thumbsup:

They don't make sims like those anymore, unfortunately:unsure:

We have an old PC. The case is a bought in 1995 included a 486 processor (133MHz) with a CRT monitor, which monitor is working well today. Inside the PC we upgraded it with a new motherboard, Pentium1 processor, soundcard, s3trio video card etc... in 1998 or 2000. We used this PC until 2005, when we bought a new Pentium4 PC. Since then it was turn on only some times, but when I see this thread, I think it is the time to check is it working or not. I think, it was not turned on in the last 6-7 year. If it works I hope we find some good screens for GP2, Terep2, SportCarGT. :D

Nascar Racing 2003
Come on, it's not retro! It is still so damn good, that it doesn't count as a "retro" game :laugh:
:thumbsup:
They don't make sims like those anymore, unfortunately:unsure:
It's very retro to some members here bud.
I started my online racing with NR2003 in an online Nascar league about 10 years ago, prior to that all my racing was offline.
I have been playing some Nascar today and I am still mightily impressed with it.
IiadGj9.png

oIzo9nC.png

rkUTw1g.png

XgHUus1.png

0h58ZnM.png

bHluI5H.png

Last edited:
It would be fantastic to have a Nascar Racing 2003 Race club here at Racedepartment. I'm sure there would be enough interested members to have some occasional Nascar races. I know it's old but some people love Nascar and this is still the best there is outside Iracing.

LahIkj7.png

8IZ9OvR.png

Last edited:
A few screenshots of Power&Glory v3, from the time when we were still building the content (more can be seen, in 1080P, in here). The previous v1 (2007) and v2 (2008) releases of P&G had been featuring the TC and GTC cars from the 1960s, and these were taken to show our (then) long awaited 1970s Gr.2 and Gr.4 cars for the first time.
IIRC, these were taken circa August 2011 (six years ago already??), a year before the release of P&G v3. Time flies fast indeed. :)

t86TZZ5.png

RDkyZYU.png

zqEe6hf.png

i3NA1vj.png

AlA1jdI.png

1b1Cw0B.png
HClhFJK.png

FpT37Wy.png

vMyAAoH.png

:cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
OK, something a little older then. ;)

Grand Prix Legends (1998) from driver's perspective.... obviously with more recent mods content:
  • 1967 Cooper T81b (not sure about cockpit tex):
    pGN4vZIMXP9LxSpcDayKZPB2Y6AUjdJQRUi3H-oU2yc
  • 1967 Brabham BT24 (not sure about cockpit tex):
    w6kBr37XJWQtDZUWXZNIh3UoZ87hxoFIBeTWxXJFDGM
:cool:

^ what the community has achieved with that sim is nothing short of a miracle. I think the old Papyrus crew deserves a lot of credit, too (for building such a solid foundation to build upon).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back