Screenshot Quality Issues

Apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a search on here and Google and couldn't find an answer.

When I'm looking at a replay or race, everything is crisp and clear. When I screenshot, the image is noticeably worse in terms of quality. It doesn't come close to how good it looked on-screen.

I have tried allowing Steam to store uncompressed versions of the screenshots, and it made no difference.

What am I doing wrong?

I've always found Steam screenshots to be supbar quality in any game. The built in AMS screenshots are a little bump up but I still think there's compression and quality loss. AMD ReLive or GeForce Experience are the better and convenient choices that should serve most needs. Some people swear by MSI Afterburner (overclocking/monitor software), the .png captures are suppose to be lossless.

Edit: It has been awhile, but I do believe Steam screenshots won't even capture SweetFX if you happen to use it. Which most AMS players do. Really, just not good screenshots.

Last edited:
That is a great point. Then you can use the Prt Scr button rather than F12 in Steam. I did it and my Mid Ohio screenshot looks perfect. This wasn't even my thread/question but thanks Alex! :):)

N28YB3t.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years