• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Screenshot Quality Issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by ImprezAlex, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ImprezAlex

ImprezAlex

Ratings:
    +17
    Apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a search on here and Google and couldn't find an answer.

When I'm looking at a replay or race, everything is crisp and clear. When I screenshot, the image is noticeably worse in terms of quality. It doesn't come close to how good it looked on-screen.

I have tried allowing Steam to store uncompressed versions of the screenshots, and it made no difference.

What am I doing wrong?

2. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +162
    Try to use Fraps or GeForce Experience (if You have nvidia card), Steam always compressed screenshots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +258
    Hmm do screenshots work OK in other Steam games? It should pull your AMS video settings exactly. Re-run the config tool and see if it corrects it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. schlitty

schlitty

Ratings:
    +97
    I've always found Steam screenshots to be supbar quality in any game. The built in AMS screenshots are a little bump up but I still think there's compression and quality loss. AMD ReLive or GeForce Experience are the better and convenient choices that should serve most needs. Some people swear by MSI Afterburner (overclocking/monitor software), the .png captures are suppose to be lossless.

Edit: It has been awhile, but I do believe Steam screenshots won't even capture SweetFX if you happen to use it. Which most AMS players do. Really, just not good screenshots.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +999
    You can edit your PLR file to save as PNG files with AMS, that should be the best quality.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +258
    That is a great point. Then you can use the Prt Scr button rather than F12 in Steam. I did it and my Mid Ohio screenshot looks perfect. This wasn't even my thread/question but thanks Alex! :):)

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  7. ImprezAlex

ImprezAlex

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for the help, everyone. I'm not at home for a few days but I'll try all these options and report back! Much appreciated!

And Dann, that shot is incredible!

• Like Like x 1