• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Screen recording

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Eric Fogelstrom, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Eric Fogelstrom

Eric Fogelstrom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    What are you guys using to record the screen during a race or any other hints would be helpful?

2. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +957
    Shadowplay from the nvidia gforce experience, I don't know what the amd equivalent is. Also, obs is another popular one.

3. slingshot64

slingshot64
    Premium

Ratings:
    +120
    Mirillis ACTION.
    I only record the replay or edits from it , i never record during a LIVE session.

4. Eric Fogelstrom

Eric Fogelstrom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    So afterwards you use the replay from raceroom and record from that - correct?
    Is that because you dont want to risk impact on performance or?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,030
    Shadowplay for unplanned recordings. OBS for planned races.

• Like Like x 1
  6. slingshot64

slingshot64
    Premium

Ratings:
    +120
    @Eric Fogelstrom
    I have not recorded any raceroom yet ( lots of other sims and games) but yes you are correct regarding server load/ sometimes turning some graphic settings down for the Race proper ( lots of cars on grid) then afterwards when recording turn the graphics back up for the editing of your movie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +375
    Fraps:

8. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Ratings:
    +14
    AMD Crimson Relive works a treat after tinkering with the settings if you've got an AMD card. Least overhead that I've experienced so far IMO

9. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    Shadowplay for recording and Sony vegas Pro 13 for editing. When doing picture in picture video, i usually use the saved replay in R3E along with the recorded video from shadowplay.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017