Screen for Z1 dash

Hi guys, first time poster, long time lurker. I've got a question for you guys, I recently purchased the Z1 dashboard software and am running it on my Samsung Galaxy S3 via iDisplay. There is a few issues with this, for one, iDisplay isn't the most stable app out there and often fails to load, the other is due to supported resolutions, the whole screen isn't fully utilised and very often it does not maximise properly as well once I am in a chosen sim.

I am looking for a screen about 5in in size, preferably with touch function. The screen sold by Z1 software looks good but is quite pricey. Anyone have any other suggestions? I am not looking for any other alternative dashes, have tried a couple, find myself gravitating towards Z1 each time due to its functions.

BTW, I am not an iRacing member so please do not link me to its forums ;)

Thank you!

I'm using a similar screen to the one Gregkar linked, and one of the mounts made by OSR that fit onto a wheelbase.

Screen:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262248667916?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Screen mount:
http://www.opensimrigs.com/collections/wheel-display/products/5-dispaly-enclosure

This is a test fit with the protective film still on the mount, and running z1 with the Corvette dash:
IMAG0438.jpg.b3b10e1bd8c3d94bd0ec153e1d16cbfe.jpg

And some 3M Di-Noc carbon fibre vinyl added:
IMAG0440.jpg.a051303c2347af21cea4252ef0f3f9a5.jpg

Upvote 0
They can do custom cuts. Because I have a diy buttonbox dash mounted to my wheel, the Thrustmaster one wouldn't fit, so Steve at OSR cut mine with the screen mount on the opposite face, and a shorter leg length so it sits inside my 350mm rim.

Upvote 0
I'm using a similar screen to the one Gregkar linked, and one of the mounts made by OSR that fit onto a wheelbase.

Screen:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262248667916?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Screen mount:
http://www.opensimrigs.com/collections/wheel-display/products/5-dispaly-enclosure

This is a test fit with the protective film still on the mount, and running z1 with the Corvette dash:
View attachment 146322
And some 3M Di-Noc carbon fibre vinyl added:
View attachment 146323
I am looking for an lcd (low budget) for Z1software, but do i need raspberry too? Or how to use that lcd?

Upvote 0
Mine works perfectly, no lag here. I don't think there was anything else I changed relating to Dirt in Z1. Some dash apps like this, when used with Codemasters games, rely on the hardware_settings_config.xml file found in documents/My Games/[game name here]/hardwaresettings. I can't recall if Z1 uses this, but the specific section is at the bottom. Mine is like this:

<udp enabled="true" extradata="2" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />

By default, I'm sure extradata is usually set to 0, and some games will require it set to 1, 2 or 3. I'd try setting it to 2 like mine and see if that works.

Upvote 0
There's a setting in Z1 you need to also check which says something like 'check for Codemasters'. Once I enabled that, it worked in Dirt Rally.

Mine works perfectly, no lag here. I don't think there was anything else I changed relating to Dirt in Z1. Some dash apps like this, when used with Codemasters games, rely on the hardware_settings_config.xml file found in documents/My Games/[game name here]/hardwaresettings. I can't recall if Z1 uses this, but the specific section is at the bottom. Mine is like this:

By default, I'm sure extradata is usually set to 0, and some games will require it set to 1, 2 or 3. I'd try setting it to 2 like mine and see if that works.

Thank you again. I'll try this out when I get home later today

Upvote 0

I tried your settings... which unfortunately did not work, I then emailed Russell, he mentioned that some people got theirs to work while others can't get it working. They are however working on compatibility with Dirt Rally. Marck_McQ, I bought a 5" display like the one you mentioned but mounting from the side like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121984194094?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

My screen seems to only display a blank black screen. Is there some setup that it needs to run first? I'm not too good with computers :(

Upvote 0
Remember to plug in the USB first so it have power then the hdmi. Whount work the other way around. And its a Toggle switch on the back for the backlight aswell if you dident notis it. Good luck

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years