Schumacher Family Launch 'Keep Fighting' Initiative

Wow. Just because YOU don't know anything automatically makes his family assholes for caring??
If this is directed at me, have the balls to say so. If it is, where did I say, or even imply, his family were assholes for caring? there your words not mine. And how do YOU know I don't know anything, your just taking a cheap shot, due to not being able to formulate a decent argument to my post.

so you saying they trying to get money with this statement? if you do then you are a.... and you should read things better the Schumacher family have launched a not for profit 'Keep Fighting' initiative aimed at using the Schumacher brand as a source of inspiration to "unite everybody inspired by Michael Schumacher to believe they should keep fighting and never give up".

if i misread youd post then pls explain better .

and i wasnt even a Schumi fan.

Once again, if this is at me, say so. If so, where have I stated or even alleged, that it was a ploy to promote the Schumacher brand to make money, I didn't. Maybe you should read my post a few more times and you might see what it is I'm saying. The opening sentence in the 1st paragraph should provide a clue.
To sum it up for you.
People in many countries over centuries have followed the "Keep Fighting" philosophy without the need to go public long before the Schumacher family suffered their personal tragedy. And while I applaud what it is they are doing, why is it that because someone famous has a terrible accident the "Keep Fighting" ideal becomes a modern trending hashtag and made into a not for profit slogan.

If these comments are directed at someone else, my apologies.

Blimey

@Simberia
Wow. Just because YOU don't know anything automatically makes his family assholes for caring??
You called them aholes, not me.
You know what, I decided to delete and rephrase about 100 words I wrote.
Your logic is pretty dumb, how does that question even make sense?
Who do they really care about, clearly not about us, his fans, all their family does now is crave for whatever attention they can and then act like they don't want it. Starting a movement in his name and then reject us about his condition? Wow that's hella caring.

Blimey

@Simberia
so you saying they trying to get money with this statement? if you do then you are a.... and you should read things better the Schumacher family have launched a not for profit 'Keep Fighting' initiative aimed at using the Schumacher brand as a source of inspiration to "unite everybody inspired by Michael Schumacher to believe they should keep fighting and never give up".

if i misread youd post then pls explain better .

and i wasnt even a Schumi fan.
Profit as in attention, not money. Its stupid that they were the ones to start it and inspired by Michael, but what do we know about him? Nothing. They keep blue balling us.

Ensi Ferrum

ACC Dash Master
I am german. At least this is what is written in my passport. But I was never ever a fan of the master of cheating Mr. Michael Schumacher. I have great respect in his ability and natural talent in driving open wheelers. He also had a great talent in telling the engineers what is good on the car and what is bad. These abilities are not wide spread, only a few have them. But this is all I can count positive on Mr. Schumacher in the aspects of Motorsports.
His social engagement in some catastrophes might look remarkable, but 10.000.000 bucks isn't that much for someone who owns roundabaout 670.000.000 bucks!
But what bothers me most is the fact that HIS fanbase, the boys, girls, men and women who watched every race he participated, followed every move he made, celebrated every victory he made, felt down when he missed are now let alone! This really makes me more angry than some stupid politicians in my fatherland.
His family (?) decided to handle the situation as it is. But as a person of interest I (and many others!) think his fanbase should deserve better. They don't want an news (or bad) update very day. But after 3(three!!!!!!!!) years his fans, the public in general, should get an update.
IMHO!!!!!!!

Blimey

@Simberia
I am german. At least this is what is written in my passport. But I was never ever a fan of the master of cheating Mr. Michael Schumacher. I have great respect in his ability and natural talent in driving open wheelers. He also had a great talent in telling the engineers what is good on the car and what is bad. These abilities are not wide spread, only a few have them. But this is all I can count positive on Mr. Schumacher in the aspects of Motorsports.
His social engagement in some catastrophes might look remarkable, but 10.000.000 bucks isn't that much for someone who owns roundabaout 670.000.000 bucks!
But what bothers me most is the fact that HIS fanbase, the boys, girls, men and women who watched every race he participated, followed every move he made, celebrated every victory he made, felt down when he missed are now let alone! This really makes me more angry than some stupid politicians in my fatherland.
His family (?) decided to handle the situation as it is. But as a person of interest I (and many others!) think his fanbase should deserve better. They don't want an news (or bad) update very day. But after 3(three!!!!!!!!) years his fans, the public in general, should get an update.
IMHO!!!!!!!
His wife is probably keeping him locked in his little room with no windows, just bearly keeping him alive, nope, no attention for you Mister Michael, whenever the Schumachers need attention, will just mention your name, Michael.

@Andrew Scott think you didnt look right Andrew this was a reply to Blimey who btw explained his better thx .
No problem, I have him on ignore so I never read/see his comments. Have a safe Christmas :)

Edit:I have now taken him off my ignore list, to prevent repeating this same mistake in the future when replying to others posts that weren't actually in reply to my own. Fact is I couldn't see that you had quoted Blimey in your comment, I only saw your comment, my apologies.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here if there was good news on his condition and he was sitting up, talking but maybe had slurred speech or facial scarring/disfigurement then we would of had an official statement along the lines of "Michael wishes to thank the fans for his support at this difficult time and as soon as he is ready to he will thank them personally, blah, blah, blah".

He is probably awake but is in a 'locked-in' state. Conscious but unable to speak or respond to any stimuli.
They obviously don't want to upset his fans and after all his private life should be that - private.
But by **** they have been suspicious in their silence. And the way they hush anybody who speaks after visiting Michael. Publicly and privately...... Odd.
I think it takes a bit of a brass neck for the family to start this initiative without us even knowing if Michael is even indeed fighting.
Call me a cynic. But this is imho a bit in poor taste.

Blimey

@Simberia
Let's be honest here if there was good news on his condition and he was sitting up, talking but maybe had slurred speech or facial scarring/disfigurement then we would of had an official statement along the lines of "Michael wishes to thank the fans for his support at this difficult time and as soon as he is ready to he will thank them personally, blah, blah, blah".
His family hasn't even given us any chance of supporting him, its sad.

No problem, I have him on ignore so I never read/see his comments. Have a safe Christmas :)

Edit:I have now taken him off my ignore list, to prevent repeating this same mistake in the future when replying to others posts that weren't actually in reply to my own. Fact is I couldn't see that you had quoted Blimey in your comment, I only saw your comment, my apologies.

No problem - That troll is now on my ignore list. (Have fun there.)

randMracer

Shut Up and Race!
Personally I don't see anything wrong with this. It's no skin off my back, so what's the big deal? His family is just trying to create a positive message utilizing Michael's fame. If this can help some other people and encourage them to fight and never give up, then where's the harm? If Michael or his family doesn't want to divulge his condition, then that's their option. If there was some miracle where he wasn't paralyzed anymore then I'm sure the family would let the world know, but sadly his prognosis has probably not changed since he came out of the coma.

He's my favourite racing driver of all time. Not because of fanboyism but because I hated him for years, his underhand tactics and his rivalry with Damon hill. I cheered when he broke his leg at silverstone, I laughed at every engine failure, dnf and second place. However, over time I saw his struggle, competing against Alonso and Vettel the hip young guns of f1, and through that I saw his greatness, not when he was winning but when he was up against the wall, an underdog with an interior package, flawed. Such a tragic end for a legendary sports man.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000