Schumacher Family Launch 'Keep Fighting' Initiative

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Keep Fighting Schumacher Initiative.jpg

On the build up to the anniversary of the tragic skiing accident that befell Formula One legend Michael Schumacher back in late 2013, the Schumacher family have launched a not for profit 'Keep Fighting' initiative aimed at using the Schumacher brand as a source of inspiration to "
unite everybody inspired by Michael Schumacher to believe they should keep fighting and never give up".

With very little news known about the seven times World Champion's condition following his terrible skiing accident three years ago, many of the German fans have been left wondering what has become of the Formula One superstar. In recent weeks increased social media activity by the drivers management team and representatives have propelled the Schumacher name back in to many peoples consciousness, yet little is still known of the former Mercedes and Ferrari drivers condition.

"Michael's health is not a public issue, and so we will continue to make no comment in that regard," Stated the Germans manager Sabine Kehm said in a statement. "We have to protect his intimate sphere. Legally seen and in the longer term, every statement related to his health would diminish the extent of his intimate sphere."

You can learn more about the 'Keep Fighting' initiative here - http://www.keepfighting.ms/

"Keep Fighting hopes to unite everybody inspired by Michael Schumacher to believe they should keep fighting and never give up.

Michael Schumacher is considered by many to be the best driver ever in Formula 1. His achievements on the racing track are undoubtedly unique, but he is also acknowledged by his achievements off the track. Michael’s strong will, his loyalty to the ones close to him, his honest attitude towards his goals and convictions and his strict readiness to help others are an inspiration to many people around the world since many years.

The Schumacher family and #TeamMichael invite you to join the Keep Fighting Community and welcome your involvement in this initiative. Keep Fighting aims to spread the positive energy that supporters of Michael have expressed to him over the years."
Michael Schumacher.jpg

For those of you with an interest in Formula One and the world of motorsport in general, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and discuss the sport with your fellow fans. We host a place for you to join in the conversation about the wonderful world of Grand Prix Racing as well as publishing the latest news regarding the sport. Join in the conversation today!

Last edited:
Surely for this to be a positive, we'd need to know that his own fight is worth something?
Is he actually fighting or just being kept alive by machine? Is he communicating? Does he recognise people or even himself? There's a few reports of positivity out there that are then denied.
I don't mean to sound negative, but not knowing his condition isn't really inspiring to me.

I agree the family should be respected, Michael's health is not something for the public domain.
I do not see it as milking money by using his name.
Michael was well know for his support for Charity's & is generous donations.
This is simple using his name in a more positive way than dwelling on the negatives of his accident & current health condition.

Kind of a 2 edged sword isn't it. On the one hand it is the family's prerogative to tell the public or not to tell them. On the other hand, they have brought him and his name front and centre again with this campaign so one can hardly be blamed for wanting to know how he is doing particularly given the name and purpose of this charity.

They really need to name it something else....without the association to Michael.
It's entirely their right to privacy but they should do so entirely....in all aspects.
Either he will walk out into the public spotlight one day OR we will get word that he has died.
Those seem to be the only alternatives given by his manager.

Last edited:
They have the rights to say: "Michael's health is not a public issue, and so we will continue to make no comment in that regard,"

True - but on the other hand. Michael was a public figure in all of his adult life - and he never claimed privacy then. When you say yes to becoming a public figure to the extend that Michael Schumacher did, then you have to accept that the public also want to/need to know what is going on - when tragedy occurs. Three years without any news - I simply don´t think that´s fair to all the fans who are also devastated about the terrible accident. But it´s just my opinion...

I think they are keeping quiet because Michael is quite poorly and that is their right. I'm unsure what this is for or what it is hoping to achieve?

If they want to keep his condition in private, then they should not be putting his name back into the public eye. Simple. I'm very unhappy to know nothing about his condition while they are putting his name back into the limelight

Also will be interesting to see how many times Mick Schumacher will decline to comment on his Dad's health in interviews.

T

tunaphis

• tunaphis

"intimate sphere." Speak English not lawyer.Amazing how abrupt people can be with their hand out.

Hmmm, not sure how to put this without coming across as a prick, but I'm prepared for the potential onslaught of ridicule for it.:cautious:

There a many families world wide who have endured similar if not worse tragedies than the Schumachers. What happened to Micheal was tragic, no question, and a shock to many and I felt for his family. But in the same breath it has also had zero impact on just as many if not more people than it affected or touched, people who don't even know who he is, because they live in poverty in some 3rd world country.

I felt for his family and friends at the time of the accident, same as I do when I see other tragic stories about a child drowning or an innocent person leaving a club or pub with friends and being felled by a "one punch coward" attack. I show the human traits of sympathy & empathy as many of us do for the victim and those close to them in those circumstances, same as I did for Micheal. But I'm sorry, I have my own problems as many do, and after a short period my focus naturally returns to my own "intimate sphere".

Agreed, the "Keep Fighting" philosophy is a positive affirmation that applies to thousands of people worldwide who have nothing, not just Micheal Schumacher and his "intimate sphere"

Cheers

Its sad that they're still trying to milk something out of his situation, we have 0 info about his condition.

so you saying they trying to get money with this statement? if you do then you are a.... and you should read things better the Schumacher family have launched a not for profit 'Keep Fighting' initiative aimed at using the Schumacher brand as a source of inspiration to "unite everybody inspired by Michael Schumacher to believe they should keep fighting and never give up".

if i misread youd post then pls explain better .

and i wasnt even a Schumi fan.

True - but on the other hand. Michael was a public figure in all of his adult life - and he never claimed privacy then. When you say yes to becoming a public figure to the extend that Michael Schumacher did, then you have to accept that the public also want to/need to know what is going on - when tragedy occurs. Three years without any news - I simply don´t think that´s fair to all the fans who are also devastated about the terrible accident. But it´s just my opinion...
Even when you are a public figure, you and your family still have the right to ask for privacy in this situation. And for fans: being a fan does not give you the right to put away that right.

Even when you are a public figure, you and your family still have the right to ask for privacy in this situation. And for fans: being a fan does not give you the right to put away that right.

If you want to keep things private, you should not be putting his name back in front of the public eye...

I would have fully understood if they kept quiet and did not put his name back into the public eye, but this seems like a big (Insert F word here) you to the fans

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000