1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scania Truck Simulator

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Sk3ptik0n, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I downloaded the Scania Truck Simulator Demo and the latest update that allows it to use separate pedals and extra controllers.

Unfortunately, my pedal axis are inverted so that at rest my gas is pressed 100% as is my brakes and clutch.

Of course, I can switch those with my Bodnar calibration tool, but the problem with that is that then I have to recalibrate my pedals for all the other sims I own (GTR2, iracing each car, GSC, rFactor, Race 07, NKpro,m you name it, I have it)

is there a solution for this or do I have to bite the bullet and flip my axis in every game I own just to try out this demo? Is there maybe a ini file someplace where I can change the values?

2. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I jsut tried using the bodnar calibration to invert my pedal axis, but I would need to recalibrate the whole thing and I would prefer not to do that. It would take too long to explain why I ahve things set up this way, but that's how they are. I simply would like to be able to invert the axis in the game rather than in the controller. Most Sims let you do that easily. Maybe there is something else that can help me do that without having to invert ,my calibration at the source?

FYI, if I just invert the pedals, there is not enough travel in the pedals to fully press them. I get about 50% in game

3. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Look in C:\Users\-YourName-\Documents\SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator\profile. There is a folder with a bunch of number and letters. Inside is a SII file called controls. Open this with notepad. You'll see two lines as follows:
    config_lines[6]: "input j_throttle `joy.y`"
    config_lines[7]: "input j_brake `joy.rz`"
    Perhaps something can be done through here...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just downloaded the Demo for this and so far so good except for the Mirrors, not the actual truck mirrors but the artificial ones which are reversed with the left mirror showing the right side and vice-versa, any way to correct this or disable these so you can just use the truck mirrors?

Regards

Craig

5. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

press F2 :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Marcel, do they stay off when you do that?, I turned off the option to show mirrors at start up but they still come on when you start to reverse.

7. Just updated to V1.4 and Mirrors seem OK now, F2 cycles through left, right or both mirrors.

8. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

I was meaning to point that out to you that they updated that...glad you got it sorted...