SBK 09

Glad to see you won on the Aprilia, Jay. :D

If I can get my controller to work, I'll have to give this a try for sure. Did you like it better than MotoGP 08?

I found the overall game and feel of the bikes a lot better than Motpgp 08, the only reason i got Motogp 08 was they finaly put the 125's and 250's in which made it better, there just seemed to be something missing with the overall game play of Motogp 08...:dont-know:

Cool, this is from the same developers as sbk 99/00/01? These are still my favourite motorracing sims :)

I tried 08 last year but it really sucked compared to those mentioned, sim wise.

SBK 99/00/01 and also GP500 were the first sim games i played, and for there time were awesome and have to say still are.....:drool:

SBK08 was a bit of a let down, and the online play was just a complete joke.....:pissed-off: But it looks like they have fixed the online play problems in 09......:fingers-crossed: The other thing that was in 08, and going by the demo 09 aswell, is the sound. The bikes sound great, its just the crowd noise can overpower the sound of the bikes, theres no option to lower the noise of the crowd, which is a pain when you want to crank up the volume and listen to the sound of the big suzuki's......:drool:

I played the old Microprose GP500, to me the last simulation regarding bikes... All SBK, MotoGP franchise games that came after, all have felt arcade-ish and by far not for me. Maybe one day someone will do a true simulation again...

I should try the demo later, but I don't have high hopes…

I played the old Microprose GP500, to me the last simulation regarding bikes... All SBK, MotoGP franchise games that came after, all have felt arcade-ish and by far not for me. Maybe one day someone will do a true simulation again...

I should try the demo later, but I don't have high hopes…
Joao, the only true bike sim still being developed is GP Bikes. I don't recall the web address, but you can download an Alpha version of the game for free. They might be in the Beta stages by now.

But I agree, the SBK and MotoGP games are more arcade-ish. Still fun though with a gamepad. :)

What is your feedback about the game Jay and TJP? How does the driving "feel"

That is difficult to explain! The bikes feel more substantial, like they are better connected to the tarmac. The physics seem to be improved over '08. I had the difficulty set to real and whilst cornering in the rain I applied full throttle and away went the back end - just the briefest hint of an impending lowside before it happened. In '08 I could hang the backend out for quite a while before it let go. From my experiment I can also inform that the damage model is much improved too.

One sour note is that the braking power is still rubbish & the sounds are still not as great as they should be i.e. flat plane crank R1 sounds nothing like the real thing, at least in my memory of being at Phillip Island SBK this year!

Overall, it is a vast improvement over '08 (better graphics/sound/presentation) and while I don't believe that Milestone have reached the lofty heights of SBK 2001 (which I still own for the PC) '09 is a step in the right direction.

I find it pretty arcade-ish but thats OK, Ive done around 25 10 lap races so far at kylami so im getting rather bored of that circuit.
Roll on saturday morning when I go pick it up! I cant wait to start a season, I hope online play is pretty decent but thats really not what I got it for. 8 players max on next gen so I guess it will be the same unless we get a couple more slots.

If anybody gets it we should hook up maybe for a few races.

Joao, the only true bike sim still being developed is GP Bikes. I don't recall the web address, but you can download an Alpha version of the game for free. They might be in the Beta stages by now.
Here's the address for anyone that might be interested.

http://www.gp-bikes.com/

They are still in the early alpha stages, but you can download the free demo of the Alpha 5 release under downloads from the GP500 store. :)

• jerm

Hi all. I found this forum when searching for 'SBK 09 online'

I have the PC version and have not been able to get online yet...just keep getting an invalid user id / password for gamespy even though it isn't invalid. I've not seen any comments about the online side of the game so wondered if anyone has played this online on PC.

Other than this, I think it's pretty good . Playing with full sim, all aids off, manual gears etc is a challenge. Unfortunately I think the cockpit views are poor so I use the default chase cam view.

GP bikes is also a good game & well worthy of support due to the modding potential.

Thanks

• raydun

Hi, I have the PC version SBK09, I have been playing a Championship (Offline) but I do not see any Championship leaderboard at the end or start of any rounds so I don't know my position in the table. I have written to both Blackbean & Milestone about this but have no word back yet. Does anyone else have this problem ?

I ve the PC SBK 2009 , it s fun but I prefere GP500 and it s impossible to configure my joystick only works my gamepad xbox

lap with the Aprilia but I prefer the Ducati :cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmL5I6j5vQI[/ame]

I picked this up after enjoying the demo and I think they really put in a decent performance. I must say I think some of the reviews have been overly harsh, one complained the game wasn't "fun enough". They seem to review it based on a mass audience who are never going to be interested in this type of game.

My biggest gripe is the AI, who have a habit of hitting your rear, they don't seem too bad when you're on the racing line but I think they could be a little more aware. You also seem to bounce of into the gravel like a pinball after a slight touch from the AI. I would also liked to have seen an in-game save mode for those longer races, or even a grid type rewind feature, which personally I wouldn't mind seeing, even in sim games, I certainly make mistakes and it's nice to be able to continue the race without starting again.

Overall a good purchase I think.

On 360 by the way

This one goes out to the real enthusiasts of all the bike riders out there

[ame="http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3984559#post3984559"]http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...59#post3984559[/ame]

if anyone wants to join, you're welcome, just follow the link
we have TS running so we can talk, help, communicate our pleasure about the feel and look from inside the cockpit while following a bike in front handled at its limits...

SBK09

Has anyone else got this on PS3? i bought it on Saturday and it seems to want to freeze a lot when loading new sessions in race weekend or championship. Its not the PS3 as its fine with other games and SBK is brand new with no scratches

It does it every time i skip Practice 2 and it tries to go to the loading screen and freezes. If i turn the console on and off then restart the game then it will get past the session without any trouble.

well if you do only 1 lap then you would need to press triangle to skip forward the time otherwise you have to sit there for an hour to wait for a session to finish

• Michel Salvador

This one goes out to the real enthusiasts of all the bike riders out there

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...59#post3984559

if anyone wants to join, you're welcome, just follow the link
we have TS running so we can talk, help, communicate our pleasure about the feel and look from inside the cockpit while following a bike in front handled at its limits...

thx, well do they stil doing those motorcycle joystick?if they do and they wil in the future omg ill go crazy . i mite try the SBK09 but with g25 Oo so c how is the physic .
I use to have yamaha r6 for 3 year. the third year i was on track making alot practice session with real racer omg that was insane :) scrathing those neese:) but well i hope 1 day they wil do g25 but for motorcycle and ffb and pedal shift brake:) and il be in paradis.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%