Say2Play Voice Activation Software

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Thought I'd drop a recommendation into here for a good piece of software I've found.

I've been a fan of voice activation software for a while. All the way back to the MS Gamevoice tbh. But it's never really been good enough. Say2Play changes that, IMHO anyway :silly:.http://www.say2play.com/
It covers loads of games, and even though my speech is still a little affected, it picks up 98% of my commands correctly. It's just been upgraded to version 2 as well, which hopefully will be even better.
I've been using it to play CoD4, TF2 and L4D, but there are templates for loads of games. It costs $29.95, but there's a 7 day trial period so you can test it out.

• vmagics

Hi Tim, you mentioned using say2play with CoD4 and I'm quite fascinated. Which controls do you use Say2play for? I can't really see there being any advantage myself... well maybe grenade and reload but I can't help but think that even those 2 commands would justify the expense. How has it worked out for yourself? Thanks

Hi Tim, you mentioned using say2play with CoD4 and I'm quite fascinated. Which controls do you use Say2play for? I can't really see there being any advantage myself... well maybe grenade and reload but I can't help but think that even those 2 commands would justify the expense. How has it worked out for yourself? Thanks

I guess my situation is a little special. I can't use my right hand, as I had a stroke last year. So for me, I need to use it a LOT :glasses-nerdy: Grenades, reload, sprint and prone. Between my mouse, pedals and say2play, I can play FPS games again(just).

I just thought I'd let peeps know because it actually works well.

• vmagics

Cheers Tim, seems it wouldn't really be much use to me but I'm almost tempted just for the novelty aspect.
PS. Just out of curiosity, does it have any adverse effects if you can't help muttering/shouting obscenities during gameplay? I expect the game might get a little confused if the software is configured to recognise a 'duck' or 'sit' command. I use similar words a lot while I'm playing CoD4 and if this is the case my character would probably spend most of his time sat on his arse.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%