F1 2011 Savegames Problem after Re-Formatting

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,

I recently re-formatted my Windows . I did manage to copy my F12011 savegame folder elsewhere, after reformatting windows and re-installing F1 2011 , I tried copying my old savegame folder to the fresh one in the My Games folder however my old career progress ( before reformatting) does not get recovered and I have to start over with an entirely new career.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Thanks !

Only 2 things come to mind.

1/ Did you create a new career (under the same name) in the fresh install BEFORE copying your old saved games files back? I think you need to do this. You should not do a fresh install, copy the save files back, and then start the game for the first time. You should start the game, create a driver, then copy the old save files back.

2/ I have a nasty feeling, but I am NOT sure about this, but don't you also need a backup copy of one of your Games For Windows Live folders? If you do, I don't know which one it is .... I would have to search and try and find out

Cheers

EDIT: I found this thread over at Codemasters, it refers to F1 2010, but I doubt that F1 2011 would be any different. There is even a link to a game save backup program in it, which supports F1 2011 (plus many other games)

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...sing-savegame-after-reinstalling-windows.html

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

really really horrible that there is no official support for this from anyone. Its like your forbidden to upgrade or change your PC. (bloody console BS)
Tried the suggestions above to no avail. had to restart my career. Oh well get to play the track on amateur and win every single race!!

There are a few threads dealing with this problem, but it requires a thorough search here or on the CM boards.

Basically, in addition to F1's savegame, you also need to transfer your GFWLive and Xlive folders that are located in <username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\.

I recently changed computers, and transferring those 3 folders allowed me to resume my career on the new PC.

Unfortunately, looks like it's too late for you at this point. :(

There are a few threads dealing with this problem, but it requires a thorough search here or on the CM boards.

Basically, in addition to F1's savegame, you also need to transfer your GFWLive and Xlive folders that are located in <username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\.

I recently changed computers, and transferring those 3 folders allowed me to resume my career on the new PC.

Unfortunately, looks like it's too late for you at this point. :(

We might be on different systems (I'm on Win 7 x64). The idea is the same, just the folders are slightly different when this issue came up in a more recent post here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-exe-stopped-working-on-loading-game-again.44552/

Cheers :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years