1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAVED GAME MISSING ????

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Glockinstructor, Jan 26, 2011.

1. HI There,

I've been racing for a few weeks now (sadly still on my keyboard) and I've been doing well I think.
    Racing first season and with Virgin as second driver and since my win tonight I got an offer from Mercedes McLaren. Of course I accepted the offer and closed the game....

Now when I start the game again, I get a pers conference in wich I have to state my name and everything... So I have to start all over again ???!!

Can anyone help me with this ????

:mad::confused::mad::confused:

2. What version of the game are you running? Did you close the game down and retry it? Sometimes if the game tries to load before signing you into xbox live you will get that save error.

3. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

The exact thing happened to me yesterday (was driving for Virgin 2nd season, finished the Korean wet race, became 2nd, signed a contract with RedBull, and closed the game normally).
    I have the patched PC version (1.01?).

4. I have the PC version.
    I closed normally.

I've allready copied the saved games directory and started a new carreer. No saved setups or anything available.
    Then copied the "old" directory back to the dir saved games, but still no "old" carreer....

So if thats it, then I can say bye bye to roughly 2 months of hard work to get to where I have been....
    D**n....

By the way, will the patches for the bugs, download automatically, or do I have to install them by hand (and if so, how ??)

Still hoping to get my carreer back ?!?!?!

5. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

For me it's exactly the same, lost all my "work" (driving endless laps per circuit to get the setups suiting my driving). Now I will write them down on paper for the next time this happens, will never become wdc like this.... :-(

I downloaded the patch by hand and installed it myself. http://www.codemasters.com/downloads/details.php?id=41009

6. I'll try installing the patch.
    How can I check wich version I have ???

7. I've installed the patch, but still my old carreer is gone.....
    Does anyone knows a way to get it back ?????

8. I suggest removing the current Save game folder from your documents.
    Start the game, and this should create a new save game folder.
    Remove any files in there, and then copy your original savegame files into the new folder. (Dont just replace the folder)

You are logged into GFW as this causes problems with autosave if you arent.

9. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Thanx Paul, I will try this tonight.

10. Hi Paul,

Thanks for you suggestion, I followed your instructions and deleted all the content of the savegame folder.
    then I copied the old content back...

Sadly I have to say; the game will start by asking me my name etc, so it didn't work.....

Any other suggestions ???

11. I dont have anymore suggestions unfortunatley. If you do get it sorted or find the solution, make sure you post it here.

12. When I asked for the version, I wanted to know if you are running the patched or patched version of the game. I knew you were on the PC... If you are not running the patch, did you do an R/D?

13. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Hi Mark. I have the CM patch installed and yes, I did a R/D during the last GP.

14. Same problem here. Had it two times now'I play the game on a X360. I play the original version since I do not have internet on my X360.
    Is there a solution for this?