1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save Symmons Plains

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by dbens1, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Perfect place if you ask me
  2. Phew, was worried another track was going down the Oran Park route. Good luck.
  3. there not killing the track just the gov dosent want to put up the money to make the v8s viable to come over, i guess itll be a wait and see if the sponsoring the football pays of
  4. I am just hoping that some rich individual or company decides to help out if they see that the public support is there to make it worth their while.
  5. Here's a interview with Tony Cochrane on this subject and much more of the future of V8 Supercars.

The 5.30 Highlights and Interviews, Townsville 2011 i the one you want.
  6. yep not good grea track the reson y we lost oran park wich i think was one of the better tracks in australia is greedy kids the two kids who had oran park given by there old mans wonted nothing to do with it but have fat pockets. u no the funny thing is when u dead what money can u spend and u look back ya rich life ask ya self this what good have i eva done wich never made me rich out of it not many of them .
  7. i have now witnessed the demise of two iconic aussie tracks ,Oran park and Amaroo park (both now housing estates) ,my interest in the v8 series is now dwindling ,
  8. I do not think that Symmons Plains is physically in any danger, it is just in danger of losing a round of the V8s unless a new source of sponsorship can be found to allow the teams to travel there. Hopefully if enough public interest is raised then the V8SA management team will see that the support is there and then continue to race in Tasmania