F1 2012 save a race

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Somehow I doubt if CM will have this in their next "attempt" [F1 2013]
Jeff Crammond "et al" must be laughing at this debacle. So much could've be learned from his version from all those years ago and applied to this game but "Oh, No!" CM... Don't think so!
It saved you loads of time as you could just pick up at any saved point in any race and continue and not have to sit there racing until the wee small hours until you finished a race with your eyelids dropping... after being up since sparrows-fart working away all day! {what makes you think I'm referring to me? :sleep:

Absolutely agree. Really miss the ability to save a game. Lost count of the amount of times I have had to abandon a race part way through because something comes up that prevents me finishing it. Sims like Grand Prix Legends and Geoff Crammonds GP series, etc. all had it so why can we not have this facility now!!

If this was available I would have probably had at leaast double the amount of races I have had so far... it actually prevents me playing as much as I would like because I am reluctant to just leave it on pause for any great length of time.

On the issue of pausing races... would doing so cause any particular problem for the long term life of the Xbox?

Peter Hooper on the issue of leaving the xbox on..I don't think it would cause too much lasting damage if its on the odd occasion. The only issue is the heat generated and the fans will be running most of the time - which doesn't help with minimising dust accumulation inside the machine, oh and of course your leccy bill.

Chris Benham The overheating is what concerns me. I have done it on occassions but the majority of times I just reluctantly abandon the race and switch off. Buying a new Xbox is not an option so I try to do anything to maximise it's longevity. You mean I have to PAY for electric these days!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%