1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Saturday Night Leaue - Bahrain - [11/22/14 @ 21:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'PS3 | Saturday Night League' started by Jeremy Sheppard, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Circuit information
    Lap data
    Lap length 5.412km (3.363 miles)
    Race laps 57
    Race distance 308.238km (191.53 miles)
    Pole position Left-hand side of the track
    Lap record* 1’31.447 (213.055 kph) by Pedro de la Rosa, 2005
    Fastest lap 1’29.527 (217.624 kph) by Mark Webber, 2005
    Maximum speed 314kph (195.11 mph)
    DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and third straight
    Distance from grid to turn one 265m
    Car performance
    Full throttle 66%
    Longest flat-out section 1205m
    Downforce level Medium
    Fuel use per lap 1.8kg
    Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.054s
    Strategy
    Quickest complete pit stop in 2013 21.031s by Red Bull (see full list)
    2014 prime tyre: Medium (2013: Hard)
    2014 option tyre: Soft (2013: Medium)
    *Fastest lap set during a Grand Prix

Data sources: FIA, Williams, Mercedes

Bahrain International Circuit track map: 2005-2009, 2012-
    [​IMG]

Questions:

1.) Do you think either Rosberg or Hamilton will "fumble" in the last race gifting the championship to the other?
    2.) Is another circuit on the F1 calendar you'd like to see a night race at?
    3.) Two races in, and only one winner. Can someone knock @Michael Aird off his early claimed throne of dominance?

2. 1. I can see it being a very boring race on Sunday with Hamilton just sitting happily behind Rosberg.

2. I'd have to say Monaco, just to light it up a little.

3. I can't see me winning the next 3 races to be honest. The curbs hate me at Bahrain, I'm very slow in S1 at China and I despise the Circuit de Catalunya.

3. 1.) Do you think either Rosberg or Hamilton will "fumble" in the last race gifting the championship to the other? No but if someone does it could be either
    2.) Is another circuit on the F1 calendar you'd like to see a night race at? don't care really
    3.) Two races in, and only one winner. Can someone knock @@Michael Aird off his early claimed throne of dominance? yes me

I should be there with only 30 mins of practice and no more tonight

4. 1. The dream scenario would be the Red Bulls and the Williams cars getting into the fight but since that is not very likely, the best I can hope for is a battle between the two which still would be a great end to this terrific season :)

2. Nah, we have enough of them now. Won't be particulary special about it if we get even more if them...

3. According to himself, yes. He may not be the fastest but is very consistent which matters in the race so still unlikely that he won't be in contention for the win.:rolleyes: Chris is the main one I think could challenge him

5. 1. Hamilton gets a car failure, Rosberg wins.
    2. Yes, every second year at Monaco.
    3. Maybe, maybe not

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  6. I should be there tonight, but I'm going to dinner and I plan to be home at least 1hour before the race. If something happens, I won't be able to say I can't make it. Just so you know. I would love to be there because bahrain is a good track for me! I think I can be competitive.

7. 1.) Do you think either Rosberg or Hamilton will "fumble" in the last race gifting the championship to the other? I think Hamilton will do it.
    2.) Is another circuit on the F1 calendar you'd like to see a night race at? Although noy currently on the calendar Valencia I think would have been fun to drive at night.
    3.) Two races in, and only one winner. Can someone knock @@Michael Aird off his early claimed throne of dominance? I'm sure someone will.

8. I would just like to say to @Jeremy Sheppard and @Chris Gristwood to just say that if there are any plans ffor wet races, it would be unfair racing due to pad users getting 'secret' traction control. This would cause a serious advantage for pad users. I hope you agree.

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Might be a little late. Hope u dont mind

10. how late. We should wait

11. We'll wait for you guys ten minutes. Race delayed

12. Tonight could have been a different story without lag, but overall was a great and enjoyable race. Congratulations to mikmakmok.

13. We will maintain dynamic weather settings at the moment. Pad users aren't any more "untouchable" or unbeatable in the wet as they are in the dry given the right setup and driver.

The advantage isn't as massive as many think it is.

14. Q: 3th. My personal best with this setup, but I only got this setup today so not much practice with it. I was actually quite happy with that time.

R: 2nd. My start was fine, but not that great. Got into 2nd as Bones_FL is on Wheel. I saw Rivalshooter get very close to me and he made a "late" move to the inside for turn 1; I thought it was a bit risky with the lag and I was quite conservative because of it, but nothing happened because of his move so it was fine. The next laps (untill 8th) we fighted over position almost every lap, for the entire lap, and it was great! Really nice racing, which was hard with the lag; I'm not sure I touched him other than the 2 times we were next to the track; the first time at the hairpin you (rival) were already sideways drifting on my screen (I probably hit you in the lag?) and therefor I hit you. second time, before the last non-finish straight, I was on the inside and you maybe didn't see me close of you because of the lag and I could have also gone a little slower into the corner, anyway, I touched your ride back end and we also went offtrack; that's where I got the penalty for btw; I think it was a racing incident (so not really deserving that penalty) and it seems rival tought the same as he let me through again. Rival; you also hit me a couple of times, but I know it was because of lag, and you also always left me in front of you again.

Then in lap 8 you slipped in the left corner just after DRS 1, probably because your tyres were gone and so were mine so I went to pit; after that it was quite a lonely race, altho I saw some other cars with different strategies. I'm really happy with this 2nd place finish and my first podium! Definitely after that Australia race where the SC spoiled my race a bit and after the DNS in Malaysia ^^ Cya all in China!

PS: For everyone; we know there is lag; keep some place behind the car in front of you, especially in the corners, lag-hits will happen otherwise, be sure of it (or make sure to let the car you pushed of by a lag-hit, get in front of you again like rival did today, great racing!). Also let's maybe do some test races (5 laps is ok) the coming week to see if we can find a host where we have lag, not saying it's because of the host we get lag, it's because the different places we come from, I know that!

15. Qualifying - 1st - I will never do a better lap of the circuit, nailed S2 which was my biggest concern.

Race - 1st - I knew I needed a good start as if I fell back at the start I was never gonna catch up. Got what I wanted and just tried to create as big a gap as I could, due to ongoing battles all over the track I was given clean air to drive on my own the whole time.

Overall not the most enjoyable race for me but I've somehow got the win.

16. Driver's & Constructor's Standings are up

17. Amazing how part of a Rolex sign can make my car spin into the wall, losing an endplate and losing a great battle with 'Dempredompe' (it was the belgian, jinchez?):p

Q- 5th. Went too slow in sector three because of me being careful after taking the first two sectors faster than before. Can only blame myself

R- 3rd Could have been second if it wasn't for that spin as I got faster than the belgian as the race progressed. But who knows who would come out on top considering how much we battled each other, great racing there but shame with the lag, more than before this time. Spended the rest of the race alone, with barely anything happening. Congratulations Michael! Fairly good race, see you in China ;)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  18. Q- Off the pace for most laps, was getting a very good lap on but was penalised at the final corner for cutting.

R- Was pleased, I began to push to get 10 points, the lag caused a colision though. I also nearly beached it with an autospin curb.

19. Man you mutilated Karl's name. Haven't laughed that hard in a while lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::cry::cry::cry::cry: