1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

Saturday Night League - Singapore GP - [02/21/15 @ 21:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'PS3 | Saturday Night League' started by Jeremy Sheppard, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Marina Bay, Singapore track data
    Lap data
    Lap length 5.065km (3.147 miles)
    Race laps 61
    Race distance 308.828km (191.897 miles)
    Pole position Right-hand side of the track
    Lap record* 1’48.574 (167.941 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2013
    Fastest lap 1’42.841 (177.303 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2013
    Maximum speed 296kph (183.926 mph)
    DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and straight to turn seven
    Distance from grid to turn one 200m
    Car performance
    Full throttle 46%
    Longest flat-out section 832m
    Downforce level Maximum
    Gear changes per lap 80
    Fuel use per lap 1.6kg
    Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.064s
    Strategy
    Quickest complete pit stop in 2013 28.709s by McLaren (see full list)
    2014 prime tyre: Soft (2013: Medium)
    2014 option tyre: Super-soft (2013: Super-soft)

Track map
    [​IMG]

Race Host: TheTubbyNinja @Aidan Sabin
    Backup Host: Desimpele_K @jinCHEZ

Questions:

1.) The two Constructors leaders and top four Driver's leaders are producing inter-team battles as the #1 driver spot is at stake. Will we see a Hamilton-Rosberg-like rivalry form between the teammates or will it be more like Vettel and Webber?
    2.) What do you feel is the key to finishing well or at all in Singapore?
    3.) Do you intend to attack the track any different than in times past?

2. 1.) The two Constructors leaders and top four Driver's leaders are producing inter-team battles as the #1 driver spot is at stake. Will we see a Hamilton-Rosberg-like rivalry form between the teammates or will it be more like Vettel and Webber?
    Those both mentioned teams hit eachother so I hope it doesn't come to that... I think it depends on the track wether we will be racing close to eachother or not, the same goes for McLaren I think. I think everyone will just fight over position cleanly; wether it is with a teammate or not.
    2.) What do you feel is the key to finishing well or at all in Singapore?
    Pushing so your focus doesnt go off.
    3.) Do you intend to attack the track any different than in times past?
    Not really, I'm gonna push and I'm usually not the guy with the big mistakes so let's hope it doesn't happen this time out.

3. Just to bump this. I will be racing tomorrow, odds on there will be a safety car.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I get back from holiday today. I should be back by 19:30 and so should be racing. However u know what flight delays are like and so its touch and go. I will keep u guys posted but if u dont here anything, start without me.
    I have no laps round here on this game so I'm just there to make up the numbers

• Like Like x 1
  5. I should be there

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok Let us know. I have to go out for a bit myself but shouldn't be more than ten minutes late if that.

7. I'm stuck in France still due to flight delay
    Not going to make it

8. Definitely running late now. Looking at fifteen minutes being late.

9. Heading back home.

10. I am exhausted after that, all 31 laps I was battling someone and in the end I lose by 3 tenths but I couldn't care less. Well done all and especially to Desi for those last 12 laps.

11. Well not being able to load my setup made for a difficult race as I couldn't come near a curb without spinning. Ultimately the game ended my day prematurely sucking me into the wall and destroying my car.

Michael and Karl had a massive battle. Michael was certainly conservative in his attempts to overtake Karl but shows he's a respectful driver. Well done to you both.

12. I was locking up like there was no tomorrow in the last 5 laps, add that to my drs being broken for the last few laps. So there wasn't any clear enough opportunities for me IMO.

13. Yes Michael, you were very respectful, thank you for that. My last stint was just bad and the tyre wear plus rain didn't really help in the end either...

I can't be there for 2 weeks now (hope you remember since I'm on holiday and won't be able to put it on the race topics) which is a shame cuz I like those tracks...

14. From my view the times Karl hit the wall or went wide and you had the momentum you backed out. You could have stayed there and taken his line away especially in sector 3. In either case, it was clean and fair racing

15. Thanks for letting us know ahead of time. See you in a few weeks