1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Saturday Night League - Chinese GP - [11/29/14 @ 21:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'PS3 | Saturday Night League' started by Jeremy Sheppard, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Circuit data
    Lap data
    Lap length 5.451km (3.387 miles)
    Race laps 56
    Race distance 305.066km (189.559 miles)
    Pole position Left-hand side of the track
    Lap record* 1’32.238 (212.75 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2004
    Fastest lap 1’32.238 (212.75 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2004
    Maximum speed 316kph (196.353 mph)
    DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and longest straight
    Distance from grid to turn one 380m
    Car performance
    Full throttle 56%
    Longest flat-out section 1397m
    Downforce level High
    Fuel use per lap 1.7kg
    Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.051s
    Strategy
    Quickest complete pit stop in 2013 19.323s by Red Bull (see full list)
    2014 prime tyre: Medium (2013: Medium)
    2014 option tyre: Soft (2013: Soft)
    *Fastest lap set during a Grand Prix

Data sources: FIA, Williams, Mercedes

Shanghai International Circuit map
    [​IMG]

Race Host: mikmakmok

Reminder: Everyone please review the league rules in particular rule #1 and the section(s) on clean and fair racing. Any pushing another driver off the track, shunting from behind without waiting, or any other deemed unclean and unfair racing tactic will be taken to the stewards for assessment of penalties on drivers found guilty of this. Happy racing

Questions:

1.) Do you consider China to be a fun track to drive or more of a headache or bore?
    2.) At this point, are you satisfied with the car you are in or would you like or consider a switch to a different car?
    3.) Different cultures and nations have different holidays they celebrate throughout the year. Is there a holiday not celebrated in your own country that you wouldn't mind celebrating in your own country?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. 1. Gives me headaches all the time
    2. I would like to switch to Toro Rosso has nice handling and a nice livery.
    3. In Ireland, I am happy with the holidays that we have.

3. 1. I'd rather take a dump than driving on this track...
    2. I chose it for a reason :rolleyes: That car would have been perfect if it wasn't for the front...
    3. Nah, don't think so. But I'm open for anything

4. I hate the starts
    What do those with wheels do. Ive retired 3 races in a row now from spinning at start

5. If you're getting too much wheelspin, put on about 40-50% throttle at the lights, then when the lights go out, build up the revs and that should give you a good, wheelspin free start.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm not in my house for the race tonight so not sure I'll be the best host, I'll check the connection when I get there.

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. Thanks for letting us know. Maybe a "lesser" connection will slow you down lol

8. Well I did say I didn't fancy my chances tonight and at Spain. Although the laps times I've been putting round catalunya is scary.

9. define "scary". 1:15s, 114s? Spain is a much easier track to take the fight to someone. China is just a terrible track imo.

10. 1.) Do you consider China to be a fun track to drive or more of a headache or bore? headache and a bore
    2.) At this point, are you satisfied with the car you are in or would you like or consider a switch to a different car? Yes. I fell in love with the Williams the first time I drove it online. I just naturally felt comfortable in it although I always practiced with the ferrari offline.
    3.) Different cultures and nations have different holidays they celebrate throughout the year. Is there a holiday not celebrated in your own country that you wouldn't mind celebrating in your own country? Carnaval - Brazil, lol.

11. I'm in the mid 21 region. I'm basing it off my other leagues pace where everyone else in in the 22s.

12. very nice. I'll take that challenge to beat those times

13. Ok the real question is....what times are you around china

14. 1:34s

15. I'm very inconsistent, anything between a 37 dead to a low 38.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Will be online to join the race whats the hosts psn name i havnt added him i am coming online now

17. Add me Famous5cg

18. Where are u?

19. Don't feel very well so decided not to race tonight. Sorry for not saying that earlier, hope you all have a good race

20. Quali - 2nd - Had a poor 1st run, gave up on the 2nd. Went for 5 laps of fuel so when we collided, it didn't cause any harm so no penalty is needed.

Race - Had a beauty of a start and decided to stick it in rich for the first few laps, thankfully opened up a gap as I started making sloppy errors during the rest of the stint. Moved onto primes and didn't feel comfortable, nothing really happened in this stint. Options at the end felt so good and allowed me to maintain a gap.

I just have to thank my controller for lasting. And apologise for spoiling races.

• Winner Winner x 1