1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Saturday Night League - Canadian GP - [12/20/2014 @ 21:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'PS3 | Saturday Night League' started by Jeremy Sheppard, Dec 20, 2014.

1. When cows fly

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Only if he starts from the back

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Only if he does his rain dance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, miracously

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lap data
    Lap length 4.361km (2.71 miles)
    Race laps 70
    Race distance 305.27km (189.686 miles)
    Pole position Left-hand side of the track
    Lap record* 1’13.622 (213.246 kph) by Rubens Barrichello, 2004
    Fastest lap 1’12.275 (217.22 kph) by Ralf Schumacher, 2004
    Maximum speed 309kph (192.004 mph)
    DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and back straight
    Distance from grid to turn one 260m
    Car performance
    Full throttle 59%
    Longest flat-out section 1190m
    Downforce level Medium
    Fuel use per lap 1.5kg
    Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.03s
    Strategy
    Quickest complete pit stop in 2013 20.212s by McLaren (see full list)
    2014 prime tyre: Soft (2013: Medium)
    2014 option tyre: Super-soft (2013: Super-soft)
    *Fastest lap set during a Grand Prix

Data sources: FIA, Williams, Mercedes

2013 Canadian Grand Prix track map
    April 17, 2013 at 4:37 pm by Keith Collantine
    No comments yet
    [​IMG]

Race Host: mikmakmok

Reminders:
    • You should receive an additional invite before the session starts. If you disconnect during qualifying due to internet issues, come back online or back in the session as soon as possible. If you are able to rejoin the session we will start as normal. If you are not able to make it back before the session ends, we will have a rolling start for the race and drivers that disconnected will start from the back
    • Rolling start procedures: Single file start, lead car sets the pace and no passing before the start/finish line
    • This is the last race until after the new year. Jan. 3rd, 2015 at Austria will be the next race
    Questions:

1. As we draw nearer to the debut of F1 2015 on the next gen platform(s) what are your plans?
    2. What suggestion(s), in terms of continuing this league for the next game do you have? (e.g. run an additional season on F1 2014 or move to another platform)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I will be joining you chaps tonight i just need some practice if i get time hopefully.

Can you tell me what car i will be using please ?

Cheers

3. As we draw nearer to the debut of F1 2015 on the next gen platform(s) what are your plans?
    Most likely I'll buy a PS4 and F1 2015 then.

What suggestion(s), in terms of continuing this league for the next game do you have? (e.g. run an additional season on F1 2014 or move to another platform)
    Start a new league on the new platform?

4. I won't be racing this time, just really busy unfortunatly

5. I'm not sure if I'll be home in time, I'll leave my PS on and send me an invite, no need to wait for me, you'll see if I can make it or not, sry once again but yeah it's saturday..

6. Ok. Have a Merry Christmas and see you after the New Year

7. We can wait a few minutes I think since Veraj will be a few minutes late as well

• Like Like x 1
  8. You're still in the Marussia mate as you originally chose unless you were thinking about switching cars. We need to make sure we can get you into the lobby well before-hand. I'll try to get on earlier than normal to ensure we get that sorted. See you on track.

• Like Like x 1
    1. As we draw nearer to the debut of F1 2015 on the next gen platform(s) what are your plans? To be honest, I'm torn with this. I've looked into the cost of upgrading my PC and at minimum I'd need a newer graphics card, processor, and a bit of RAM. The cost would exceed the purchase of a PS4 however with the need to purchase a new wheel and other accessories for the PS4 that cost could exceed a new PC and I can use my current wheel and accessories.
    2. What suggestion(s), in terms of continuing this league for the next game do you have? I think this greatly depends on overall interest and how many people will have the game. It will be quite interesting to see which direction the majority of players take considering the added cost.

Race start will be delayed until 9:10 p.m. GMT to allowed those arriving late to join the session before qualifying ends. Invites will be sent out, if you're not already in the lobby, around 9:05 p.m.

9. 1. I'm just about to begin with building myself a PC, I want more than just one or two sims which you get on next-gen ( if you can call f1 a sim). Been wanting Assetto Corsa among others for a long time now and I will get myself a wheel to that as well.
    2. As I just said, I will make the switch to PC in the near future so I'm afraid I will never race with you again. Been great fun and a really good first experience with league racing, so thank you for that :) And about the league's future I think you should wait and see what the other leagues do. If all the other ones go to 2015 I think there is a great chance that this league will be filled as far from everybody will get next-gen right away.

Oh right, I will be at my cousin's birthday party tonight, I will do whatever I can to go earlier but can't promise anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ya i will keep the marussia if you don't mind ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks, you too.

12. I might buy f1 for my ps4 but not sure. Want to see if they make the dfgt compatible
    I will not be in this league next season due to exams but may do first season of next game

I will be there

13. U gonna make it?

14. @Racingking are you online? We don't have a valid psn for you

15. Qualifying 2nd: was just a complete mess for me we had rain :( . I thought i had the pace for 1st if it was dry because i was doing 1.13.5-7 in my practice sessions but never mind it was the same for everyone :)

Race: i made a clean start didn't want any contact with other drivers, i pitted on lap 9 i think to make the jump on the guy ahead ( i don't know his name lol ) pitted for options, on my way out of the pits for some reason i crossed the white line so i ended up getting a 10 second penalty :( then going through turn 3 after i lost my momentum from the penalty ended up hitting the inside wall breaking my front wing sending me off the track cutting a corner then get another penalty then from then 1st place was out of my reach then i just settled for second i had no chance catching first place with a damaged front wing for 12 laps.

Well done to the guy who won it :)

16. I wasn't using a pad either i was using my wheel its very rare i use a pad i know its faster using a pad but the fun isn't there as using a wheel ;)

I was using 3rd gear coming out of corners especially out of the corner on the back straight short shifting ;)

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Qualifying - 1st - The rain was perfect for me as I wasn't gonna get pole in the dry. Only done 3 laps before retiring.

Race - 1st - Not a great start but managed to hold the lead, HF was all over me in the 1st stint but I knew my plan to 1 stop would help me in the long run and thats what happened. When I came out after my stop I had a 4 second lead which allowed me to drive the rest of the race at a pace I wanted to.

Next up you guys must be frothing at the bit for Austwheela

• Like Like x 2
  18. Qualifying was unmentionable not that I was too bothered by the rain since the race was dry.

First stint on options was terrible as always with no stability at the rear when turning through slow corners. Put on primes and started getting my pace back but had fallen so far behind I didn't hope to progress further. When I put on options I started eating away at the gap between Chris and I forcing his hand with his tyre strategy. I somehow managed to finish two seconds behind him considering I was almost a lap down. Were it not for mistakes I might have pressured him more.

Ok finish for a weak track for me. I even picked up one of the fastest laps of the race which shows I making some progress. Still have work to do setup and pace wise.

See you lads next year. Be safe

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. q 3 what a shambles in the wet
    R 3 no pace in first stint and awful in traction zones. jeremy was catching so fast towrads the end that i had to take a gamble of pitting for fresh options. Pitted at right time and came out 3 seconds in front managing to hold the gap the rest of the way. Not a great race tho at all. Never done austria so not optimistic.
    Have a good break and MERRY XMAS