1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday Night League - British GP - [1/10/15 @ 21:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'PS3 | Saturday Night League' started by Jeremy Sheppard, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Circuit information
    Lap data
    Lap length 5.891km (3.66 miles)
    Race laps 52
    Race distance 306.332km (190.346 miles)
    Pole position Left-hand side of the track
    Lap record* 1’30.874 (233.374 kph) by Fernando Alonso, 2010
    Fastest lap 1’29.607 (236.673 kph) by Lewis Hamilton, 2013
    Maximum speed 302kph (187.654 mph)
    DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and Hangar straight
    Distance from grid to turn one 420m
    Car performance
    Full throttle 66%
    Longest flat-out section 1034m
    Downforce level High
    Fuel use per lap 2.8kg
    Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.112s
    Strategy
    Quickest complete pit stop in 2013 24.092s by Red Bull (see full list)
    2014 prime tyre: Hard (2013: Hard)
    2014 option tyre: Medium (2013: Medium)
    *Fastest lap set during a Grand Prix

Data sources: FIA, Williams, Mercedes

Silverstone Circuit track map
    [​IMG]

Questions:
    1.) With some big changes coming for the 2015 season of F1 in terms of drivers and teams, assuming the teams are fairly equal in terms of car performance across the performance tiers of the grid (i.e. Red Bull compared to Ferrari and Mercedes, Williams compared to Sauber, Force India, etc)
    a.) Who are you hoping takes the Driver's Championship?
    b.) Which team are you hoping takes the Constructor's Championship?
    c.) Which driver and/or team are you hoping for a surprise performance in terms of wins, podiums, and overall performance?
    2.) What are your expectations for the historic track of Silverstone?

2. 1.) With some big changes coming for the 2015 season of F1 in terms of drivers and teams, assuming the teams are fairly equal in terms of car performance across the performance tiers of the grid (i.e. Red Bull compared to Ferrari and Mercedes, Williams compared to Sauber, Force India, etc)
    I can't imagine that the teams will be equal in terms of car performance and also I wouldn't put Williams next to Sauber. I'm always thrilled however to see what the car peformances will be in relation to eachother.
    a.) Who are you hoping takes the Driver's Championship?
    Well I've really started to like Alonso the last years, but I don't think the Honda will be up to speed with the others. It would be interesting if it were, he can definitely challenge then. Other than that, let's see what Riciardo (Red Bull) & Vettel (Ferrari) can do against Hamilton.
    b.) Which team are you hoping takes the Constructor's Championship?
    I don't really have a favourite team anymore in F1. I think Mercedes will still have a margin and win this.
    c.) Which driver and/or team are you hoping for a surprise performance in terms of wins, podiums, and overall performance?
    Alonso for sure, would like to see some more magic. Also, Hulkenberg is a fast fellah I think. And let's see if Bottas can join at the top.
    2.) What are your expectations for the historic track of Silverstone?
    Not much, just to get some experience at it since I haven't practiced a single lap yet.

3. I am doing some practice at 7pm UK time tonight if anyone wants to join me more than welcome.

Sorry i can't answer the questions i don't know how to do it lol ;(

4. copy pasta?

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's not mandatory that you answer the questions and there won't always be questions. It just breaks the monotony of the standard race thread and always allow you to get to know other drivers in the league a bit

6. 1.) With some big changes coming for the 2015 season of F1 in terms of drivers and teams, assuming the teams are fairly equal in terms of car performance across the performance tiers of the grid (i.e. Red Bull compared to Ferrari and Mercedes, Williams compared to Sauber, Force India, etc)
    a.) Who are you hoping takes the Driver's Championship? Hamilton. He's just a solid driver
    b.) Which team are you hoping takes the Constructor's Championship? Ferrari
    c.) Which driver and/or team are you hoping for a surprise performance in terms of wins, podiums, and overall performance? Felipe Massa. He showed some form in 2014 and it would do wonders for the sport if Williams rose to the top as in days of old
    2.) What are your expectations for the historic track of Silverstone? Lots of understeer

7. Who is the host tonight ?

8. Here is mine and @hamilton_f1_123 incident. My point of view, is that 1) i am ahead approaching the corner and 2) i leave enough room on the inside. 3) As u can see the whole rubbered in line on the track is free which is enough for a car. 4) Also there is a lot of lag as can be seen approaching the corner and therefore his car may have been in a different position to what it was on my screen.
    If Hamilton saw this any differently (or anyone else) all i can say is sorry. I h8 hitting any car let alone when fighting or the lead.
    I believe it was a racing incident

9. Pasta?? U hungry ?:p:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. From my screen we were side by side going into that corner then you all of the sudden you turned left into me putting me into the gravel. I wouldn't mind but my car was on the apex i was giving you plenty of room i can't go any further but from your video you had loads of room on the right hand side ! Now if i was in that situation i would of waited for the DRS for the straight, even if it was due to lag you should of let me back in front it was not my fault ! After i got hit i was in p4 losing 9 seconds for no fault of mine that was bad from you, it goes for any league if you hit a driver due to lag give the position back. If that's what's going to happen in future i won't bother joining this league what's the point if this is going to happen !

11. Again on the last 5 laps you was miles behind but you ended up dive bombing me on the hanger striaght ! From the rules it states you have to be atleast the front wing within the rear wheels of the car in front if i didn't see you doing a dive bomb you wouldn't of finished ! You got a video of your dive bomb ?

12. lol hamilton, how do you dare saying that, you are the one lagging here and he obviously didn't do anything wrong from his video. On the other hand, you hit me off badly twice and almost a third time, yeah sure maybe it was because of lag, but you know, if you race with people all over the world, that you don't go into a heavy braking zone right behind the car in front of you. I didn't think you did it on purpose, not even after 2 times, but when you say the things you just said...

13. btw congrats Chris on the win. I was actually cooled down after what I said after the race and wanted to let it go, but when I read this lol... Also; I'm not quite sure I could have won after all, but I would have been in a position to challenge at least. Chris was actually faster than me, but his 2 stopper would have made things interesting...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You are right dude i did hit you due to lag i spotted it straight away that when braked 100 metres behind you you went straight ahead a few times ? But didn't i back off to let you through losing 2 places ? Ask the other drivers they know ! And it did happen a few times But i still backed off, i could of always nailed it and said sod you but i didn't.

15. Hamilton calm down. We promote fair racing in this league and we all try and stick to that. In my opinion i left plenty of room on the inside and u can clearly see i was ahead so it was in your best interest to avoid a collision if you could see one happening but as i say i believe i left room.
    On the hanger straight i did not dive bomb. I was alongside u approaching the corner but your car was lagging all over the place. We did not make contact and it was a fair overtake.
    I can understand your point of view on the first one, if your screen was not showing the same as mine. The reason i decided to overtake then is because i had been unable to pass safely for many laps due to the unpredictable movements of your car due to lag which i was worried would also happen in the section we were approaching. Therefore i overtook when i thought it was the safest moment.

16. Finally there will be an independent investigation into this incident and the correct action will be taken.

17. I am not saying that you didn't leave me room i had just enough. What i am getting at is we were side by side on my screen going through the left hander i was just about to let you through for the right hand corner because you had the upper hand on me for that corner which i was going to back off but i didn't have time because you had turned very sharp left then right for the corner which you hitting me off the track into the gravel for no fault of mine, you was no way that far ahead on my screen going through there like on your video.

I just want some clarify on the rules aswel about hitting lag drivers do you give the place back or carry on ? Like in my case I've been hit off the track and I've hit someone off the track aswel due to lag but i still waited for the driver to return to the track ahead of me losing 2 places, so i would like clarify for future races please.

: sorry i have found it in the rules and regulations 4.2 it states that the overtaking driver must give the position back in a safe place if the driver in front as been hit off the track due to lag, Which you have said i was lagging.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  18. The must see film this winter, brought to you by Codemasters.

RETURN OF THE BS PART 2!!!

Starring Dirty Air and his co-star, Unable to get round a flat out corner.

Get tweeting about it using the #DONE!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. The reason for me not letting u pass is that I did not cause the incident and that your car lagged into mine whilst I was ahead. If I'm ahead I can't have crashed u off and so I don't need to let u passed . However if what ur saying about ur screen that we were side by side and suddenly I just drive into u then maybe I should have let u passed.
    However u said it urself there was enough room so no need to make contact and therefore on my screen it is u hitting me (with or without lag) and not my fault. So I don't need to let u passed.

20. Read the 4.2 rules and regulations ! So basically you know that i was lagging so you still went for the overtaking move knowing that they could of been some lag which could cause a incident which it has ! Therefore you should of avoided the incident like it states in the 4.2 rules and regulations. I wouldn't just cause a incident and drive myself off the track nearly hitting the barriers driving for the lead...? So you knew i was lagging when you have overtaken me on your screen which you could of avoided but you didn't like i said rules 4.2 you need to read it properly.