1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Saturday Night League - Austrian GP - [1/3/15 @ 21:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'PS3 | Saturday Night League' started by Jeremy Sheppard, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Track data
    Lap data
    Lap length 4.326km (2.688 miles)
    Race laps 71
    Race distance 307.02km (190.773 miles)
    Pole position Left-hand side of the track
    Lap record* 1’08.337 (227.894 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2003
    Fastest lap 1’07.908 (229.334 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2003
    Maximum speed 301.5kph (187.343 mph)
    DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and second straight
    Distance from grid to turn one 185m
    Car performance
    Full throttle 63%
    Longest flat-out section 868m
    Downforce level Low/medium
    Fuel use per lap 1.4kg
    Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.056s
    Strategy
    2014 prime tyre: Soft
    2014 option tyre: Super-soft

Questions:

1.) Did Santa bring you what you wished for?
    2.) Did you get anything cool for Christmas or did anything cool happen over the holidays?
    3.) What is the thing you're looking forward to in 2015?

2. **** i forgot about this race so ive had absolutely no practice on a track that ive never done even 1 lap

3. Happy new year...

I won't make this race as I have an exam on Monday and can't keep up this late. I don't think I'll miss another one during my exams, but will let you know if so...

4. Good luck m8. I have my mocks in febuary

5. There's 9 turns. You won't need much practice to get up to speed. Did my first laps yesterday and got up to speed pretty quick

6. Oops... I thought Austria was next week so I guess I won't be attending:redface: Not home until tomorrow, have a good race

1. lol
    2.loooool
    3. Can't come up with anything right now

7. ) Did Santa bring you what you wished for? Mostly
    2.) Did you get anything cool for Christmas or did anything cool happen over the holidays? Iphone and got smashed on new years eve :roflmao:
    3.) What is the thing you're looking forward to in 2015? Ski holiday and end of my exams. And obvs f1 season

8. my internet is really playing up so may not make it

9. There's time and we'll wait a little if we need to

10. think ive sorted it

11. anyone want some practice?

12. Qualifying: i didn't even know that it was the race this weekend lol i thought it was next week, so i had no practice at the track in fact I've only done 10 laps at this ever :(
    I went into qualifying thinking I've only done 10 laps so i went for the best setup i could think of lol that didn't go to well i was slow but i needed to learn the track first before setup work but oh well i didn't have time for that haha, ended up posting p4 (slow)

race: ended up doing a 2 stop race which again lack of experience at this track didn't work out out to well but i suppose its points for p4 :) .
    I will be back upto full speed next week so i hope i can enjoy that race. Ill have plenty of practice :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Q-2 lost connection with a lap 1 second off my best. I was on a purple lap by half a second when i dsc but oh well. I would have been second after turn two anyway with my **** starts :roflmao:

R-1 I knew i had the pace to win and glad i did. Michael and i decided to go for a two stop which worked perfectly and the tyres were surprisingly good. I stuck behind michael most of first stint so that we could create a gap and that of we were to have contact we would not have lost positions. I thought that it was crucial to get past before first stint so thats what i did around lap 8 turn 2 after a rehearsing the move two laps earlier. Gr8 race and see u at Silverstone.

I have a video if anyone would like me to put up any incidents

14. Bad track is bad.

Quali - 1st - Put in my best time on my last lap.

Race - 2nd - This track......... :mad:

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. If anyone would like to join me for some practice at silverstone you are more than welcome to join me.

I will be doing some practice at 7pm Friday (tomorrow) UK time, come and join if you can ;)

16. QUOTE="hamilton_f1_123, post: 1908427, member: 201862"]If anyone would like to join me for some practice at silverstone you are more than welcome to join me.

I will be doing some practice at 7pm Friday (tomorrow) UK time, come and join if you can ;)[/QUOTE]
    u wernt on :roflmao:

17. I had no replys so i didn't bother lol :)

• Agree Agree x 1