1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Saturday Night League - Abu Dhabi GP - [03/28/15 @ 21:00 GMT]

Discussion in 'PS3 | Saturday Night League' started by Jeremy Sheppard, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Lap data
    Lap length 5.554km (3.451 miles)
    Race laps 55
    Race distance 305.355km (189.739 miles)
    Pole position Right-hand side of the track
    Lap record* 1’40.279 (199.388 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2009
    Fastest lap 1’38.434 (203.125 kph) by Lewis Hamilton, 2011
    Maximum speed 320kph (198.839 mph)
    DRS zone/s (race) Two straights
    Distance from grid to turn one 300m
    Car performance
    Full throttle 59%
    Longest flat-out section 1233m
    Downforce level High
    Gear changes per lap 68
    Fuel use per lap 1.8kg
    Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.054s
    Strategy
    Quickest complete pit stop in 2013 21.175s by Red Bull (see full list)
    2014 prime tyre: Soft (2013: Medium)
    2014 option tyre: Super-soft (2013: Soft)
    *Fastest lap set during a Grand Prix

Data sources: FIA, Williams, Mercedes

Track map of Yas Marina
    [​IMG]

Race Host: Karl (Desimpele_K) or Aidan (TheTubbyNinja)

Questions:

1.) What are your plans now that the season is over?
    2.) If there is a Saturday Night League for PS4, will you participate?
    3.) What would you like to see or return to the SNL for future seasons?
    4.) Do you have high expectations for F1 2015?
    5.) Anything else you'd like to mention or share with the league?

2. Won't be there after all, my mates just asked me to come watch an European qualifying match of our national football (soccer for the USA) team. Sorry guys, I'll answer the questions tomorrow! good luck and have fun tonight.

3. Unfortunate, it's been a great season with you

4. looking short on numbers :(

1.) What are your plans now that the season is over? Exams
    2.) If there is a Saturday Night League for PS4, will you participate? Possibly depending on many things
    3.) What would you like to see or return to the SNL for future seasons? MORE PEOPLE ;)
    4.) Do you have high expectations for F1 2015? Many especially since as its only on next gen so should have better graphics and physics and will be more complete
    5.) Anything else you'd like to mention or share with the league? Its been a pleasure racing again

5. It's official, double points this race. Good luck to the championship contenders

6. NIGHTMARE. messed up qualy so started 2nd leading to me being vulnerable to lynchy who got passed. Lost 9 seconds trying to get back pass. Then could not catch up to Michael. Pitted for more options and was no faster. Then got a 10 second penalty loosing all hope of a win. Then another 10 second penalty so lost all concentration and was lapping 1 second slower. Then suddenly I was hit by world war 3 (my vid may show) and it was impossible to drive and so lost even more time every lap. Next I span and hit the wall so lost front wing and had to pit for 3rd time. I was so pissed off by this stage. And to top it all of I got disconnected (trust me it was dsc and not rage quit, can show my vid if u want)

Now after that rage,

CONGRATS MICHAEL ON THE TITLE, fully deserved
    and congrats lynchy on second place.

Good season biys

7. Thanks, and sorry about the collision at turn 6. I should've left more space.

8. 1.) What are your plans now that the season is over? I guess rest and relax
    2.) If there is a Saturday Night League for PS4, will you participate? The million dollar question for me. Still undecided if I'll get a PS4 or not. I feel like it'll be an under-utilized investment as I'll likely only buy F1 2015 and I don't do the FPS games or MMOs. I just need to think about. Had even considered retiring. In 4 years of league racing on three different sites I've accomplished all the goals I initially set out to do including winning a league championship as my top goal. Not sure where I'd want to go from here. I have a lot to think about
    3.) What would you like to see or return to the SNL for future seasons? Well for one, I'd like all the original SNL drivers to return plus the current drivers. We had some great races over the years not considering a lot of laughs but things change and life does as well
    4.) Do you have high expectations for F1 2015? Not sure. Haven't completely bought into the next-gen excitement yet. I'll research things in the coming months and see what's my next move
    5.) Anything else you'd like to mention or share with the league? First congrats to Michael on taking the Championship. Congrats to Chris for making him earn it and providing some excitement to the championship race as it looked early on Michael run away with it. Thanks to all who participated this season. Although we were few in numbers we were still dedicated to racing and keeping this league going.

Finally, best of luck to you all with your schooling and future endeavours. I hope we all continue competing and racing with one another on whichever platform we find ourselves on for a long time. We may live a great distance from one another, speak different languages and have different cultures but we share the same love for racing and the competition that comes with it.

Take care everyone.

Jeremy

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Really annoyed I couldn't be there, but congrats anyway to Michael on the title