F1 2010 Saturation, deadzone, confusion

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Keep toying with the saturation settings to feel more connected with the car, but just cant seem to find the sweet spot. One issue i think is i need to set my wheel rotation to 270degrees vs 900 (used to iracing)....my biggest issue is that the pedal settings just seem off. Curious what everyone else is running for settings?

I used the above settings from codemasters forum with my g25 but the braking and throttle feel like I cant go wrong. I mean I can spin out but only if I rev it up until max and turn the wheel. Locking brakes only happens when I drive 300 and step the wheel fully down and still then the locking is not really hard (still able to take a turn)

So later i'll try to turn saturation down a little bit, perhaps that will feel better.

Thanks for the input guys; I also noticed an immediate "lack of feel"/feedback when driving initially. Changed the settings for 35% saturation, 15% linearity, 100's on weight, enviro and feedback (not knowing the weight is actually dulling the actual feedback). So no wonder it has a disconnected, unresponsive and vauge feel to it-especially compared to rfactor. I'll try the recommended settings in a next run though.

Codemasters should really clarify the settings a bit better since it's not as straight forward as rfactor or iracing. Plus, haven't found a caster setting in the garage. Seems like the cars should be stable running fast in a straight line (from aero forces, tire inertia w/ cambering, castering) but turn in quickly, but rather have had an opposite effect so far. Maybe it's just the controller settings...

I'd try 50% linearity.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years