1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat May 30th (Friday 29th US) - Limerock Park

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: STCC + SEAT Toledo Cupra v1.1+ WTCC '07&'06
    Track:Limerock Park
    Weather: Dry
    Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
    Practice: 30mins
    Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x18 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​
  2. Entrylist:
    1. Philip Antonia
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. Rhys Gardiner
    4. Willie Watt
    5. Péter Bártfai
    6. Eric Nelson
    7. Dennis Phelan
    8. Abdul Ahmed
    9. Yves Larose
    10. Paul Wood
    11. Robert Isles
    12. David Garcia
    13. Brandon Lawson
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
  3. Sign me up please Eric:)

Gotta get my Friday night fix of S2000's.

And love Limerock Park.:rotfl:
  4. Im a creature of habit, sign me up please :)
  5. Oooh, Limerock! Yes please! :D
  6. I'll be there:

Hope that I have more success than the laps I managed to run at Birmingham.
  7. Sign me up please!:)
  8. aaaaaaah finally an event on my home track!

so this means I should have pole, and win R1 and R2 outright leaving others to wonder.......... who is that :alien::car::help:

ok I can go on this one with massive self induced pressure. :rotfl:
  9. Me2Plz!
  10. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Reporting for duty.
  11. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'll be there :wink2:
  12. Hey Eric .N, since you've been to Limerock, would you mind telling us how realistic the Evo version of it is..? :D
  13. its actually a bit inaccurate to be honest.

this add on was done prior to the resurfacing which is fine, but they missed a couple of key "wrinkles" in the track which made it very challenging to drive.

the only real actual track layout issue is the the exit of the esses to "no name straight" is pinched off to much and the curbing stops existing well before you hit the real exit point. also, there is a dip in the surface from so many cars hitting the exit point and it used to upset the car just a bit so you had to be careful w/ the throttle in a higher powered car.

You knew you ran the exit right if your car "sat down" on the left rear when you reached the curbing.

Other than that, the concrete inlays are not correct either but it doesn't affect the car in the game in anyway I can tell.

finally the diving turn is a bit tame compared to real life. Again, the apex used to have a really nice BIG DIP from years of frost / use and you had to be VERY careful here not to upset the car exiting a very fast corner and the run off area at exit being small, grassy, and tire padded. BTW the track also goes off camber on this corner exit which just made it a tough corner to accelerate off of at WOT

West bend at the top between climbing and diving is really spot on. this is where you set up your opponent for a pass on the main straight. if he blows this corner consistently, sit back a bit and hit it perfectly and you will find yourself eating him up exiting the diving turn and getting speed and position to pass before BIg Bend

the only real passing zone on this track is the main straight. anywhere else you pass will kill your momentum and add distance to your next target. unless you can do it and still get back online for the next corner.

And I love the fact that you start in the PADDOCK area like IRL as there are no garages!

BUt the rhythm of the track has been captured pretty well. If you aren't airborne in the climbing turn, than your not driving fast enough! YOU MUST HAVE YOUR WHEELS STRAIGHT AHEAD AT THE CREST OF CLIMBING TURN! unless you like that tire barrier on the right side of the track.

alot of the really quick drivers here would enter early and then get on line in the middle of the uphill. this was accomplished by getting more traction as the car took a set in the middle of the hill because the suspension is being compressed by the force of the hill. does that make sense? not sure if it works in the game.

finally, a lap time in the 54's is the sign of a quick driver here in WTCC 87,STCC cars.

one final note: the all time lap record is 42.475. ran in a "silk cut" Jaguar prototype (group C?) driven by Davey Jones. Nothing like riding a missle down a hallway for some fun!

14. Thanks for your write up here Eric.

I am planning on running some testing tonite, and will be on TS for anyone looking to have some fun running round this kick ass track.

I should be on around 7:30pm EST, anyone can reach me on msn. kman4424 at hotmail.com
  15. I put the server up guys. Let me know if everything is working:)
  16. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

I'll try to rush home to test this.
  17. I'll come on around 830 and help anyone w/ some line work etc. between Keith and I we should have you hustling in no time.:dance2:
  18. spent some time w/ Abdul at the track.

I ran a best 54.345 and Abdul; ran slightly quicker at 54.18x.

he drove Honda WTCC and I drove the honda STCC car.

Both of us uploaded our set ups online in the game. This is a handling track first and foremost.

I barely touched the 54's w/ the bimmer. its too big I think for LRP

My set ups for the bimmer are uploaded too.
  19. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

It was a great session. Eric showed me exactly how I should take the left hander turn. Nailed it during qualy session for a time of 53.9xx. Brilliant track and car choice. I see mistakes happening in the last few laps. The front left doesnt hold and its understeer territory.

Check our setups guys and give us feedback. I would like to hear your thoughts since this is my first upload ever. I am shy you see LOL.

Steering lock is set at 26 or 27, you might wanna adjust it to your liking.

Thanks Eric Nelson for the tour.
  20. Abdul,

get back to work!:rotfl:

always glad to help man!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.