1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sat May 21st 2011 - Friendly Development Series @ Watkins Glen

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM FD
    Class: US Muscle cars - race version (Camaro only)
    Track: Watkins Glen (Nascar Layout)
    Weather: Dry​

Skinpack: Download the FD Trainer Skinpack here.
    Track: Download here.

How to install things

for the skinpack, simply extract the file to My Documents\Simbin\Race07\CustomSkins
    To install the track extract the file to this location D:\program files\Steam\Steamapps\Race07 this is my install game path as an exemple, replace the letter D for the letter of the hard drive you have install steam and replace Program files by whatever you have name you have called the folder where you have install steam.​

if you have any questions or problem on how to install the skinpack or the track PM Yves Larose​

Training start time: 18:00 GMT (19:00 BST / 20:00 CET)​

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Special notes:

Please read the following very carefully before you sign up and watch the movie below:​

The FD series are all about learning how to drive. There is no competition element included.​

The focus of tonights training session is about:​

• How to control the US Muscle cars Camaro (race version)
    • Track recon
    • Over- and understeer
    • Understanding setups
    • Laptime improvement
    At the end of the course I'll guarantee that you will enjoy driving those beast and your laptimes with the US Muscle Car Camaro will drop if you follow the instructions closely, how much time you will cut i can't say but it will definitaly drop.

The FD series are not the domain for experienced simracers. The amount of slots are limited because of the personal instructions that will be given.

Therefore its mandatory to have a working microphone to communicate over teamspeak. Its strongly advised to have a steeringwheel as well.

So if you are the person that needs more training to become a better driver please sign up for tonights training session. Download the FD trainer skinpack and Ill hope to see you tonight for some fun.

Group 1
    1. Dariusz Swiderski (instructor)
    2. Lazlo Acera
    3. Roland Warmenhoven
    4. Clive Morrison
    5. Student
    6. Student
    7. Student
    Group 2
    1. Yves Larose (instructor)
    2. Jean-Pierre Blanchy
    3. Phil Hopkins
    4. Kennett Ylitalo
    5. Nick Brooke (maybe)
    6. Student
    7. Student
    Reserve list:

2. Thread is open :)

3. Please sign me up. I missed the previous one and really looking forward to this :D

4. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Happy to find the thread open. :)

Please sign me in, I have still many things to learn !:cool:

If I could be in Yves group, it should be fine. Sometimes a word in french might help me if too technical terms.

Thanks in advance.

5. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Same thing happened to me, so please accept my signup :signup:for this one..

6. Please sgn me up i need help

7. Very much would like to join, i can't get a grip with US muscles.

8. Would like to join up. Hopefully will have a wheel back by the time this event happens.

9. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Sign me up please. I do not have a instructor preference, so put me in with whoever. Thank You.

10. Wow,it looks so nice from you guys that tought about this:D i think will be good for less experienced drivers..Good Luck!

11. Sign me up please. Very much looking forward to it.

12. I would love to listen in on the setup advice if possible.

13. I am new to this game and i have been trying to see if i have skined and got the track right. i can find watkins glen in the addons at the top but i dont seem to find any of the RD skins in any of the camero races. where should i be looking

14. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Hello Nick,

Did you place the skins in this folder: My Documents\Simbin\Race07\CustomSkins as said above ?
    If positive, then you'll find them in 'Muscle Cars' 'Chevrolet' when you have to choose the car in the game.

15. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

So fastest student takes on the instructor after session :wink: kidding lol! im biting more than i can chew here! :D

16. Clive Morrison

Clive Morrison
    Premium Member

Please sign me up, I need all the help I can get.

17. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

something came up and Christopher will not be able to attempt the event so he will be replace by Dariusz Swiderski as coach of group 1. welcome onboard mate :cool:

18. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

Thx Yves, happy to give something back to the RD community :). Will do my best to help all newcomers and a like, sign up guys, all secrets will be revealed :D.

19. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I want to double check the time. So 18:00 gmt is 8pm there so in Vancouver BC Canada, i'm on at 12:00pm on the 21st correct? I think i signed on a WTCC race last night not realizing I'm actually working at that time.

20. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.