1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat July 4th (Friday 3rd US) - STCC @ Golden Port

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
    Class: STCC / WTCC '07&'06 / WTCC '87

Track:Golden Port

Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
    Practice: 30mins
    Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x15 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Also, note we are using the same track for the Wednesday and Friday event:)

Friday night group [click] to join

Weather
    [​IMG]

2. Entrylist:
    1. Jarrod Keen
    2. Aritan Maia
    3. Keith Barrick
    4. Philip Antonia
    5. Rhys Gardiner
    6. Glenn Petersen
    7. Brandon Lawson
    8. Abdul Ahmed
    9. Marty Pierce
    10. Michel Usal
    11. Kevin Hopkins
    12. Michel Hunter
    13. Gary Lennon
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

3. I am in!!! Can't wait. I'll be in the ole A4 agian.

4. Sign me up, Eric-o!!!!!

Rain???????? YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm gonna go with the beemer from last friday. Let's race this one, Eric!!!!

5. A practice server for this event and the Porsches just went up (same track for both). I tried the Porsche and they are a lot of fun!!

6. I can't race the porsches!!! Sad, very sad...

7. Check out the post I made in the social group.... for Friday.... tell me if that would help?

8. Niiiiiice!!!! Both choices help me. :)
    But since I can't garantee I'll always be there, I only hope the majority thinks the same. :)
    Thx a lot for the poll.

9. Sign me up please

10. I just tried out this track and it's going to be a ton of fun. Here's a learning tool for those that want to prepare for this one. I just did a fastlap and uploaded it so that you can use it to see the line, breakpoints, acceleration points and coast points.

Let me first say that I know that I am NOT the fastest guy here. I usually can ride mid pack to a bit better so don't take this as a power trip... I find that I learn tracks really fast using this tool...

If you've never used this, here's how to do it. Go to your main menu and select additional events, then do time attack and select Goldenport and your car of choice. Make sure that ghost car and raceline is turned ON.

Then go into online laps when in game.... see mine (Jarrod Keen) and download it. You will need to make sure you are sorting for STCC class to see my lap. At the time, it was the only one uploaded. My car and line will show on each of your laps so that you can use my line and breakpoints and measure yourself against my lap and improve on my lap. This is a great way to do trial and error. By that I mean you can see how your car handles different turnin points/speeds, as well as setup tweaks. This is a great tool to work on learning the speed of a track as there's a constant visual reminder of your best lap. I use the ghost to work on varying breakpoints for turns as well as tweaking setups and watching how the car handles compared to the prior setup.

My lap was 1.08.14 which I think is pretty good for me but if we get 20 drivers again with all that skill.. it may be mid pack. I think IF I nailed a lap perfect, I could squeeze another half a second or so out of this A4. I may try the Volvo to see how it performs in comparison.

Also, I put up my A4 setup online incase any of you are going to drive the audi. It's a slightly tweaked setup from the one that I got from Keith (alien) at Mallala. I'll probably work on it this week when I drive with someone that knows setups but I believe it will help a ton for you to learn the track!

I'm going to also post this on our group thread. Let me know if this is helpful or just forum fodder.

11. Sign me up please.

Hope to get back into this one now that I'm back on my night-shifts.

Although I'll need a extra long sleep during Friday as we're off to Silverstone on Saturday for the Renault Series meeting:snicker:.

12. How can I not miss this? :D

13. Not there this friday. I will be on vacation.
    Next friday i'll be back.
    Have fun at this event guys.

14. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Sign me up! Don't know what I'll be driving. Practiced with some FWD's on the track last night. I'll try some RWD's tonight/tomorrow. I was pretty slow compared to Jarrod, so, I've got some work ahead of me.

15. Remember if you practice for this on the server you also need to have the Porsche 935 v1.1 installed as all TC cars and the Porsches are available.

16. I am ready for another night of fun!!!

17. Regarding Eric's post this is the link to the download. http://forum.racedepartment.com/dow...orsche-935-race07-gtrevo-v1_10-majoteam-1264/

I should be practicing tomorrow for a bit, then possibly another raid after practice like last Friday :) :fwd2::fwd2:

18. More practice got me a 1.06.9... lap uploaded. It was a ton of fun since Rhys uploaded a lap too... I could follow my best lap and his best lap and compare and see where I could pick up time. Once again, awsome learning tool. Tweaked my setup too....

I don't know if the times online and offline will be the same..... there was lots of debate about that in GTR2 but in evo I've never found much difference.

19. Decided to use the S60, havent ran it in a while. Last time I ran it managed to sneak a win at Mantorp against a KILLER field. If you look back a few months there is some good race reports about the amazing race.

Here is the skin I have decided to use which will be in the skin pack. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.