Sapphire HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Available for Pre Order(UK)

I will be waiting to see what the 69xx is like although nVidia will be releasing a GTX580 in December with specs rumoured to be powered by a new 40nm GPU (GF110) packing 512 CUDA Cores and some 128 texture units (the GTX 480 has 60 TMUs). The alleged card would also have a 512-bit memory interface, 2GB of GDDR5 memory. I've been waiting for these releases and want to get an order in before the VAT price hike in Jan.

I'm looking for a cheap ATi card to put in my system as part of a mini upgrade I'm doing, the 6850 seems to fit the bill although its tempting to pay the extra £50 for the 6870.

Unfortunately. I'm stuck with a Dell with ameasly 375W PSU, coudl just about squeeze in a GTS450 as it needs according to the specs 400W. Then the Dell Psu's are conservatively rated. Anyon have any better tips?

How have ATi's drivers been for gaming over the last few years? last time I used an ATi card in my own rig was a 9800 card. I've been pretty much an nVidia user for the last few years but fancy a change and will be doing a small upgrade based around a Phenom II so figure I might as well keep it all AMD.

The ATi driver's in general have been more buggy then Nvidia's for none sim games (it's all other the net on various forums) but in general allot of the time it will be more annoying bugs then things that will stop you playing games successfully.

The market right now in the video card world is very good, you have the 460 a bit cheaper then the 6850, which if you clock the 460 and flash it's bios to increase it's vaults it can be close to the same speed as a stock gtx480... It's the same situation with the 470 vs 6870. The 6*** cards use less power, and are a bit less noisey, while Nvidia's fermi offerings offer much better scaling when overclocked, so if you was going to clock you would get more performance out of them.

You can't go wrong with either though and really it's a personal preference which you go for.

Right now though, Nvidia's cards are cheaper, and the GTX 470 is the best bang for buck now for around £180 with after market cooler, so noise and temps are low.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/222349

Unfortunately. I'm stuck with a Dell with ameasly 375W PSU, coudl just about squeeze in a GTS450 as it needs according to the specs 400W. Then the Dell Psu's are conservatively rated. Anyon have any better tips?

I would not worry about the wattage, rather the amps on the V12 rail(s) The Dell PSU's are good and reliable, and you should be able to have a 460 or 6850 and run them without any issue's.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%