Sao Paulo released for rFactor 2

rFactor2 2014-10-24 11-46-21-40.jpg

Sao Paulo, or the Brazil GP, has been released for users of rFactor 2 at no additional cost. The track is a 2.68 mile road course featuring two DRS zones.

rFactor2 2014-10-24 11-49-19-58.jpg

rFactor2 2014-10-24 12-05-23-87.jpg

Join the discussion in our dedicated rFactor 2 forum, check out awesome screenshots and videos in our rF2 gallery, get racing in our rF2 Racing Club and Leagues and make your game even more awesome with some rFactor 2 mods!

I am not challenging the fact that you can make your own and still call it Bathurst. It was just the fact that they took someone elses work without asking, converted to rf2 and then released it. That was the problem with that track.

No no I understand but surely the person that does it before has probably not got permission either so how can you say who has permission to copy tracks when you can't trademark or copyright the earth. Just say I do Bathhurst (absolutely no chance wouldn't know where to start lol) So I create it, who is it to say if it belongs to another person that has created it? I call mine tubhurst but the track is bathurst. Someone else does a copy of bathurst and callls it sinkhurst, is that their or my own as there is only copyright on the name.

No no I understand but surely the person that does it before has probably not got permission either so how can you say who has permission to copy tracks when you can't trademark or copyright the earth. Just say I do Bathhurst (absolutely no chance wouldn't know where to start lol) So I create it, who is it to say if it belongs to another person that has created it? I call mine tubhurst but the track is bathurst. Someone else does a copy of bathurst and callls it sinkhurst, is that their or my own as there is only copyright on the name.
What? Copyright only applies to the name in the idea that it cannot be exactly the same as what people actually have to pay for the rights to use, or what the right holders deem to require for you to pay for the rights. You don't have to pay for the name of the town where that track is located. But if you take someone's intellectual property and use it un-authorised or just claim it as yours that is flat out copying. When you make something from scratch it is yours and you have the rights to it.

What? Copyright only applies to the name in the idea that it cannot be exactly the same as what people actually have to pay for the rights to use, or what the right holders deem to require for you to pay for the rights. You don't have to pay for the name of the town where that track is located. But if you take someone's intellectual property and use it un-authorised or just claim it as yours that is flat out copying. When you make something from scratch it is yours and you have the rights to it.
That's that all sorted then :thumbsup:

When I say earth, in legal terms it's called "commons" . You can call your track Indianapolis you just can't call it Indianapolis Motor Speedway or The Brickyard, it's pretty safe to assume those names have been copyrighted. James is right when it comes the track just like a painting you can't put it on a copy machine and reproduce it and sell it or distribute it. When you transfer a piece of artwork, as an original track is considered, from one hard drive to the next it is an electronic reproduction. Only the owner or "creator" can do that or give permission. I know it's settled but I was bored and thought I'd add a little.:)

Hey all.

Anyone can build a track from photos, maps etc and call it their own, but in getting the elevations etc correct you need to guess a lot, go by feel, or obtain accurate survey data from the owners of the land.

Using Bathurst as an example in Australia.. To get the council's high accuracy survey data (40cm elevation changes for instance), the council charge an exorbitant amount of money as their staff had to spend days and days standing in the sun getting it right.

Also if you need/wish to survey the land yourself (to get the tracks to the current evolution standard), you need permission from track owners to laser scan their tracks (and if you do not have the equipment, it can cost thousands to hire). For Bathurst, I would also expect a permit to be needed to survey a public road. Not to mention building a representation for commercial use (rF2 ISI tracks), you couldn't use all the sponsors on track unless you obtained permissions.

Look at ISI's non-licenced representations, and check out the sponsors names and styles (Parabolic looks a lot like Panasonic, Trackmaster like Bridgestone etc). I would be more expecting that these sponsorship reasons also came into play for the naming.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back