Same track, same turn, same order, different team

Yes, this is certainly awful. For him, the team, and all the integrity of the F1 itself.

Many people here in Brazil criticizes Massa heavily for the incident in Germany, last year. But get back at the time of the video, 2002. He was fired from Sauber, his first team, in his first season in F1, for disrespecting the team's orders (I don't think it happened in THIS race, at Hockeinheim, I think the incident that put him out of Sauber happened in Suzuka). So, what happened last year must bring back old and bitter memories to him, that's why I think he didn't challenge Ferrari that time.

however, I don't want to say I defend Massa's attitude. It was wrong, for him, Ferrari, Alonso, the F1 as a whole. But if he still wanted to stay in Ferrari and pursue a career in the team, he probablt remembered this incident 8 years ago.

The point is: is it really worthy to sacrifice his image, carrer, etc. in order just to stay in Ferrari, a team which has clear preferences on Alonso right now? He might not be a championship-matter driver, but he deserves better than that. For sure.

i really think f1 has way more problems with their members and their teams. compare it to another series like nascar and indycar and you get different kinds of drama. f1 really needs to make some changes to make everything fair. screwing up a teams driver just so their best driver can go by. racing is racing, you win and lose no matter how good you are compared to anyone else.

I just love how they get all excited and stuff over 4 left turns. The racing only lasted for 3 minutes and I was bored out of my mind already.

The point is: is it really worthy to sacrifice his image, carrer, etc. in order just to stay in Ferrari, a team which has clear preferences on Alonso right now? He might not be a championship-matter driver, but he deserves better than that. For sure.

Ferrarri is most likely paying him way more than any other team could.

To me, it shows you're the better driver if your team is constantly asking you to slow down to give your teammate a chance ;)

What would you do?

If you were the decision maker in a top F1 team and were due a massive bonus if your team took the constructors championship, what would you do?

You wouldn't care too much about the fans or your drivers if what you were doing was going to add another mil to your bank account.

True it makes the racing a bit empty, but I know what I would do!

So, Alonso 1st, Massa 2nd = 43 points - Massa 1st, Alonso 2nd=43 points. No difference in constructors championship. And I don't know, do the team get a bonus for the driver's championship as well? That would make no sense tbh.

So, Alonso 1st, Massa 2nd = 43 points - Massa 1st, Alonso 2nd=43 points. No difference in constructors championship. And I don't know, do the team get a bonus for the driver's championship as well? That would make no sense tbh.

I guess this was a typo and the guy meant the drivers' champ. Indeed, his post was absolutely meaningless as it is.

Obviously the advertisement given by a driver title is huge, and could give a lot to the brand you're working for. I'm sure that team bosses earn nice bonuses for the kind of achievements.

It's a bit sad to say but in the end only old school managers like Williams will think of the sport first before giving orders. Though Ferrari's decision has been extremely controversial and critisized, I'm sure the huge majority would do the same if they think they can get away with it without much controversy. Obviously it might not be worth it if you feel like the brand gets too much of a bad image if you do so. I would say that what Ferrari did chock the observers because they did not try to hide it. But team orders(or even favoritism) can have various forms. Just check the new front wing given to Vettel at Silverstone last year. I'm sure more or less every team do this kind of tricks once in a while.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back