1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salutations.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alberto Caessa, Aug 26, 2014.

1. I'm an oldish gamer, introduced to online gaming through quakeworld. A few years later I bought GPL, but because I did not have access to a wheel I grew frustrated and never again touched another racing game (still have the CD and manuals though! I'll definitely be revisiting it soon). Until last friday, when I tried Assetto Corsa at a friend's house. The following day I drove to the store and bought myself a g27. I am now thoroughly hooked.

I can't compare to the talent I see on the web but I'm improving steadily and having a lot of fun. Looking to take it a step further and start racing with friendly folks online.

See you on the track!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Welcome Alberto! You're plenty young enough to learn the ropes of sim racing and have skills developed over the years driving real cars too. No doubt you found us to be a community, for driving together and to learn from each other. Check out our forums and don't forget to get one of our free racing licences [found here] so you can participate in friendly and fair competitions!

3. Thanks for the welcome Dennis. Yea, many years of driving experience certainly doesn't hurt, but I had never even heard of heel-toeing so now I have a whole new skill to learn (and it's proving very difficult). The challenge is half the fun though.

• Winner Winner x 1