1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saleen Mustang SE @ Daytona 1970 Wenesday July 7th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Jul 1, 2010.

1. [​IMG]
    Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USSECUP

[B]Weather: [COLOR=blue]Dry[/COLOR][/B]

[B][B][B][B][B][B][B]Start Time: [COLOR=blue]21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45GMT (thursday)[/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

[B][B][B][B][B][B][B]Practice: [COLOR=blue]open server[/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
    [B][B][B][B][B][B][B]Qualification: [COLOR=blue]15mins (9:45 PM EST)[/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
    [B][B][B][B][B][B][B]Warmup: [COLOR=blue]10mins[/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
    [B][B][B][B][B][B]Race:[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][B][B][B][B][B][B][COLOR=blue]13 Laps[/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B] [/B]

[B][B][B]Notes: [/B][URL="http://forum.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/"][COLOR=#2f4456][B]Click here[/B][/COLOR][/URL][B] to read the password and golden rules![/B][/B][/B]

We have a new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. Yes we are putting you in a fire breathing 'Stang at the site of the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona!

If this doesn't get you off the couch and in the cockpit then you might want to check yourself for a pulse!

AMERICAN WEEK continues with a truly American event!

3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Glenn Petersen
    3. Sam VEntura
    4. Yves LArose
    5. Philip Brown
    6. Eric Estes - Skin
    7. Keith Barrick
    8. Sean Vohs
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver

4. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Yes, please!

5. Well since you switched cleveland with this I can join ya I guess.

6. YEah it's gonna be quite the event Sam. The track is WIDE and FAAAAAAAST as hell.............

7. I know eric I raced it when it came out at no grips website lol. I raced it with F1s not bad

8. cool!

9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up please :)

10. Sign me up also Eric,

Thanks

11. PLease make sure you have the V2 mod of the Saleen car. I updated the link in the race announcement.

12. These cars are fun to driver with the H shifter. You should give it a try if you haven't already.

13. Sign me up for this please. Havent used this mod since the Oval race in these cars :)

14. Count me in!

15. Server is UP!
    I uploaded a base setup in the online files for a start point.

16. sign me up as maybe please. I'll try to stay awake for this one :)

17. stick me down please,

18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'll go.

19. Well I HAD a screenshot of my first ever event win, but my computer decided to eat it. If anyone has one would you mind posting it? I want to save it :(

Beautiful races. Thank you gents for setting it up!

First race I had a phenomenal start and went from 7th to 1st before getting through the first turn. Stayed there for a few laps then fell to 2nd and battled with Eric Nelson the entire race. Jeez he's hard to keep behind you. Luckily for me his to-the-limit chasing of me put him off track twice, securing me(barely) in 2nd.

Race two I started 7th again, was the first to launch, but I gave it too much oomph and slid down the hill a little bit. After straightening out I managed to follow Glenn up into 2nd and past him a little after. Held 1st for most of the race, battling with Glenn. Had to slide the back end out a few times to keep him behind me. We managed to keep close to one another and I think realized at the same time we needed to ditch the train behind us. So we put our duel aside and drafted each other along the back straight to give us a nice cushion between 3rd to continue our fight. I somehow managed to keep the fast bastard behind me for most of the race, but the last lap along that infamous back straight, he closed the .7second gap and just out of the embankment passed me on the outside to win .2 ahead. Although I hate you for it:tongue:, it was a well-earned win, Glenn and I raise my glass to you.

Beautiful car/track combo. Those 'Stangs sure can slide.