F1 2010 Sakhir - Bahrain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
No problem, i play on xbox, thinking of geting it on pc aswell soon tho cos im feed up of useing a crapy wheel when i have a g27 sitting beside me the whole time lol, cant realy exsplain how to get a 47, i kinda just try to be smooth as possable on the steering and try to take lines that get me the best exits from the corners, and dont put the throttle rite down till u know u dont need to lift of again till the next braking zone, other than that realy its just down to lots and lots of practice and laps, we both set are bahrain times with tcs on, dont know if deano or altfox use any others, they both use manual to, i try to drive with tcs off as much as possable but some tracks just crack me up when im trying to hotlap without it, bahrain is one of them because its just so dam bumpy in the middle sector, setup will work fine without it tho. glad the setup helps u :)

• milkk

Thanks everyone for all the tunes :) Lee/Joyrider glad you 2 are here also :) since I loved your tunes in FM3 and they are great in F1 also.

Mnnn... Perhaps it's the tcs, I always play without it and probably I lose some time in the mid sector where it gets tricky. Anyways, if you ever get the PC version with your G27 please post if you make the same times cuz i'm starting to think xbox version is OP as many records I've seen posted are made on it.

• Simon Norman

Many thanks to all for posting your setups, its made the game instantly more enjoyable for me! I was able to knock 2.5 seconds off my dry time at Bahrain in the Lotus - no driving aids etc (from 1:57:5 to 1:54:9). The car now feels like its on rails and I'm consistently lapping within 1 or 2 tenths :)

no problem simon glad it helps :)

deano ur a freak lol, i had a we bash today and i can see the time there tho my downshifter isnt working and im having to use a butyton on the front of my wheel, its ok going right but going left is a pain if u need to downshift aswell lol, so im going to leave bahrain till i can get a new wheel so i cant try and get a bit closer without swearing at my wheel every time i turn left lol, only bahrain and youngom (spelling?) seem to give me serious bother :-(

• Mjollnir

Well i did improve from 1:50 to the 1:47. I used to be a good karter (But well everyone does say that from him or herself ;-))....but i am still suprised people drive 1:46. Does it matter btw if you drive on a xbox, ps3 of pc? When i see the DIRT2 time list. You see that all the xbox (TOP) times are faster then ps3 (TOP)times on all circuits i looked at.

• martadillareza

it sounds good for me,
and its work,
perfect !!!

For the first time I did a time trial with a racing wheel today. Yeah just bought the Ferrari GT experience wheel for my PC. I used the car setup set by the game for maximum speed to get used to driving with a wheel and full realism. Difficult but extremely fun. :)

So far I managed a 1:56:761 in the Lotus but still had the feeling in almost ever corner I could have done better. Furthmore I need to iron out some calibration issues but all in due time.

As soon as I am really comfortable with the wheel I will try the setups of you guys. Thank you very much for sharing. Hope I can contribute as well... :cool:

just gave this a shot on the ps3 used the set up on the first page... 1.55.000 . man i thought i was fairly good at this. ill try less assists next time .
but can someone explain how the fastest time i 1.16.xxx
and the second is in the 1.30s..................
how..

^^ It isn't. Simple. Cheaters! Also though - bugs. Sometimes the 3rd sector time is NOT included - apparently... Either the way the times are F.A.K.E

1:46.0 is probably the theoretical maximum on Bahrain, give or take a few milliseconds :)

Anything around 1:50 or under is pretty damn good, I'd say!

• T675 Sparky

Some of u guys may know me from 4za and racepro etc and will know that i dont mind handing out lap record tunes normaly, but with this game only having 19 tracks im not going to be giving out current tunes after my first bunch, and some i might not give out at all :-( after ive done each track u's will need to wiat for the 3rd gen tunes to be made befor i give out the second gen, i know its a bit nerdy and i hate doing it myself, but with a game that will potentuly be very competative with the small number of tracks and only one car class it is the only way to try and stay ahead of the other teams (they wouldnt give me a setup ;-) )
so here is my first tune for bahrain, hope us like it

Type: Hotlap Car: Mclaren Time:1.47.5

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 52 - R 48
Pressure: high
Brake Size: small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50 - R 50
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 77 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 94 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 111 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 132 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 156 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 174 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 198 mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.32
I've just tried this setup and it is pretty good, but I'm having some problems with the right hand corner that has a bump in it after the long straight (turn 3 I believe). What gear do you take it in and how do you approach it? Braking late and steering in whilst braking, braking early and letting it roll in there, ...?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: forgot to mention, my fastest time so far is 1:51.02 with this

• mirco

my time (with default setup from ingeneer) is 1.49.311 ;) (without TC and abs)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%