• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Saitek P480 gamepad

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Péter Bártfai, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Anyone has experience with it? Is it any good?

I'm considering getting one as it's not too expensive, mainly I would use it for other games, but it's possible that I'll have to use it for simracing as well, as my wheel does really strange things nowadays. It's 3 years old, so I really fear it'll give up soon.

2. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    You are thinking of replacing your wheel with a gamepad? I guess it is up to you, but won't you be losing some accuracy?

3. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Only if my wheel goes dead:) Because then I don't have the option to buy another wheel at the moment. (especially now that the Formula Force EX is not on the market anymore)

Edit: regarding the wheel: I just got enough and took it apart. Cleaned it out. Now it's smooth as silk, so fears are gone:)

Still, for some other games a gamepad would be cool. So the question is still alive, is this gamepad any good?:)

4. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin

Ratings:
    +21
    I use an xbox 360 wireless controller which comes with a receiver for pc. The best thing is that it's compatible with all the pc games that support gamepads. I don't know about the saitek though...