1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Saitek P480 gamepad

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Péter Bártfai, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Anyone has experience with it? Is it any good?

I'm considering getting one as it's not too expensive, mainly I would use it for other games, but it's possible that I'll have to use it for simracing as well, as my wheel does really strange things nowadays. It's 3 years old, so I really fear it'll give up soon.

2. You are thinking of replacing your wheel with a gamepad? I guess it is up to you, but won't you be losing some accuracy?

3. Only if my wheel goes dead:) Because then I don't have the option to buy another wheel at the moment. (especially now that the Formula Force EX is not on the market anymore)

Edit: regarding the wheel: I just got enough and took it apart. Cleaned it out. Now it's smooth as silk, so fears are gone:)

Still, for some other games a gamepad would be cool. So the question is still alive, is this gamepad any good?:)

4. I use an xbox 360 wireless controller which comes with a receiver for pc. The best thing is that it's compatible with all the pc games that support gamepads. I don't know about the saitek though...