Safety car start in Div 2?

That make you the third person that didn't know what kind of start that was taking place. 19 people on a server, 16 people know what will happen, 3 does not. How is it possible that the information does not get shared in the chat???

I think that the most of those 16 guys didn't much care about the type of the race start but they just want to race so they practice and wait until the race started no matter how, thought.

I think that the most of those 16 guys didn't much care about the type of the race start but they just want to race so they practice and wait until the race started no matter how, thought.

Accyually, those where the 16 guys who were commited enough to read the thread which had to do with safety in this particular race. If we can't get drivers to do even that then there is little hope.

I've looked at the incident you had with Coen, and yes, Coen would be blamed for that. At the same time you put yourself at risk by closing the gap on your inside in the first turn of the race without knowing that the coast is clear. That is very dangerous to do and is exaclty what was discussed in the forum, that you have to anticipate that you might have somebody in your blind spot, and if you chose the outside line you should keep it until after the first turn unless you know the coast is clear.

I've looked at the incident you had with Coen said:
Thats what i mean, we are racing and that means we are fighting for position. And then sometime someone is overtaking u. That means u cant drive ur fast line but have to compensate. Its my blame that i hit u, but not my intention to hit u, but overtaking. If someone dont like that, dont shut the door but let it be..

If i see an opportunity then i will take it, and the risk before shutting the door was minimal, so its a race indicent taht coudl have been prevented.

Coen

And then sometime someone is overtaking u. That means u cant drive ur fast line but have to compensate. Its my blame that i hit u, but not my intention to hit u, but overtaking. If someone dont like that, dont shut the door but let it be..
Now I feel you misunderstand the situation. You made the biggest mistake and should realise that. It was a hopeless overtaking attempt that should not have been attempted.

This is the way we avoid accidents, Kimmo does not close the door in case you are there, and you are not there in case Kimmo close the door.

If i see an opportunity then i will take it, and the risk before shutting the door was minimal, so its a race indicent taht coudl have been prevented.
Coen

Are you saying you would do the same again? I really hope not, because it was your fault and you should learn from it. I only pointed out that there are usually two parts in an incident, and in this situation Kimmo could have assumed that you would do something dangerous and not closed the door. That does not mean that it is ok that you were there.

But this is just to make drivers understand what are expected from them, it was a practice start and no big deal.

Didn't mean to make the above post sound so harsh, but I think it is important that all drivers know that in a situation like the one Coen and Kimmo had, both drivers needs to act differently. First and foremost the guy behind (Coen in this situation) must not place his car where he did, and as an extra precausion (but still vital) the guy ahead (Kimmo in this situation) should not close the door unless he is certain that there are nobody on the inside (and in T1 lap 1this is rearly the case).

If everybody drives after this rule, many incidents will be avoided.

I think it would help starts out if people would hold there lines through T1. If your on the inside line stay there and if your on the outside line stay there, this way it would allow the pack to spread a bit and everyone to filter in without cutting infront of each other and causing wrecks.
Cutting in a T1 usually results in either (A) the guy cutting across hitting the guy on the inside and mayhem follows or (B) the inside guy breaks hard to avoid the collision and is quickly reminded theres a pack behind him when he gets shunted from behind possibly hitting the guy turning but definetly ending in the same result as (A).

This is only my opinion and is in no way directed at any individuals in an way, just thought id put it out there :tongue:

I had a brilliant idea. I took inspiration from the history books :wink:

At the race start every driver gets up from their computer and takes 10 paces back. I the room is too small then you'll have to go out the door but you need to be 10 paces back. You will also need a mirror so you can keep an eye on the lights or a friend who can keep watch shout as the lights turn green.

When the lights turn green all drivers run to their computers and the race starts.

I think this will spread the grid out a bit so T1 will be less of a hassle.

Enforcement of the 10 pace distance may proove a bit probematic I know but the core of the idea is good no?

I think it would help starts out if people would hold there lines through T1. If your on the inside line stay there and if your on the outside line stay there, this way it would allow the pack to spread a bit and everyone to filter in without cutting infront of each other and causing wrecks.
Cutting in a T1 usually results in either (A) the guy cutting across hitting the guy on the inside and mayhem follows or (B) the inside guy breaks hard to avoid the collision and is quickly reminded theres a pack behind him when he gets shunted from behind possibly hitting the guy turning but definetly ending in the same result as (A).

This is only my opinion and is in no way directed at any individuals in an way, just thought id put it out there :tongue:

Yes, this is exactly the point! As I've said earlier, "only close the door if you know that there are nobody on the inside, something that rearly is the case in t1 lap 1" or in other words, do not close the door in t1 lap 1 because we do not believe you are cerain there is nobody on the inside.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%