1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safety Car confirmed in F1 2011

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Ash Kendall, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ...confirmed as in the game: https://twitter.com/#!/AndyGray_/status/103731022184714241

It also confirmed by Steve Hood immediately after (https://twitter.com/#!/T4RG4/status/103731250317111296)

I've always felt that F1 2010 had it's issues due to being a little rushed before release, mainly due to some of the odd performance issues (even on console), so I'm hoping that this hasn't caused any rushes that will allow more of those annoying bugs in.

I'm actually quite optimistic though. The engine was used in Dirt 3, so it's not been hammered together to work weather in, and there are new suspension, pit-lane and penalty systems. Oh, and supposedly improved AI. That at least ticks most of the boxes of issues from F1 2010.
  2. Oli Peacock

Oli Peacock
    Sim Racer

Im having a crisis :o :o :o
  3. It's been functional for a couple of months, as it was the secret feature in T4RG4's the race II, so it sounds like it hasn't been rushed.
  4. I had a suspicion it was in the game, just needed to put my mind at Ease, thank you Andy & Steve :).

Hmm, any news on whether it will work online or just for Career/Grand Prix mode?
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Unbelievable that this is the most requested feature lol. Give it 3 days after release and everybody starts crying that the SC is so annoying and comes out after every crash.
  6. Included in both.
  7. HeliosCM

Ian Webster<br />Codemasters Community Manager

Here's some details about the safety car feature in the game for you:

- Yes you have control behind the SC but there'll be some restrictions. More details once everything is concrete.

- Safety Car is available in races 20% or over

- Can be turned off if you don't want it.

- No you cannot drive it

- It is available online

- You keep the same camera when the SC is out.

Ian 'Helios' Webster
    Codemasters Community Manager
  8. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz

Brilliant news, I suspect only the F1 enthusiasts will keep the SC turned on but what a great feature to implement.

I for one will be having it on all the time no matter what the effect.
  9. How long the SC will be out after an Accident and will it be out at start when it was raining very much
  10. Good news, it has the potential to be a fantatsic feature if it's been done right with thorough testing. Otherwise it has the potenial to cripple the game.
  11. This has been a LONG time coming. Glad to see it has finally been confirmed :)
  12. Agreed Bram!
  13. great now I want it, just a thought will race department have a online server if so im buying for pc if not I will buy it for console... Always wanted safety car in games makes it more realistic
  14. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

That was our biggest wish Kieron: a dedicated server option for PC. Unfortunately that will not happen.
  16. ah Safety car....something else for Lewis to crash into.

Yaya! safety car finally ! this is a big middle finger to all those that thought this is just an "arcade" or that "it will never have a SC".

Thanks codemasters. I Just wish they had Liverpool studios "F1 Championship Edition" guys help Codies out a bit. especially on the Live commentary and what not. maybe a bit more sim...but as long as the slipstream works which i doubt im still a happy guy.
  17. Nice 1. I wanted this. I can't stand being behind the SC in rFactor [​IMG]

erm yes it did have 1 [​IMG]
  18. it wont be. only the noobs would cry about it. Im sure they looked over the AI since it was horribly done in 2010. Now....its a diff story IF you tend to crash into ppl.
  19. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz

Well good news for Catalunya then if its still as hard as before now you can catch up easily :p
  20. I thought I read somewhere that the AI are faster. Can't remember where tho, so no link. Damn. Imagine it, AI at Catalunya faster :p