F1 2012 Safe at the first corner

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
"Away from other cars and bareers" would be my guess ;)
It really depends on whether it's an offline or online race. The is AI usually pretty slow through the first corner, so most of the times I can squeeze to the inside and gain a spot or two.
It's a whole other story online though. If you're in a league with responsible and clean racers, then stick to your line and try to brake as soon as you see the guy in front of you starts braking (a fraction of a second earlier, would be ideal). If you're on the inside of the corner, then try not to cut it too much, cause there's always the possibility of clipping someone else. The same applies, when you're on the outside - leave some room on the inside.
However, if you're in a race with random people... there really is no safe place outside the pits. Some random dumbass can smash into you wherever you are. Even if you're on the grass - if he decides to ram you, he probably will...

For safe racing we our racing clubs and leagues so you can drive with people you know and can rely on.

In general try not to be aggressive in T1 as you can only loose races there and don't win them. The #1 frustration in public races imo.

I played my first day of online F1 today and boy do people love to use other cars for braking. Wasn't fun by any stretch of the imagination... However what I did notice was that if you aren't starting right at the front and can't get clear of all the carnage, then holding back and being as aware as possible is probably the best method. I had a 9 man race in Abu Dhabi earlier where I started at the back and deliberately stayed there until everyone crashed around me. 6 guys took each other out at end of the long back straight and I pulled myself up to 3rd without doing anything really. The other 2 guys ahead of me weren't so quick so I passed with ease and won. Patience is your friend

Jamie, exactly my experience too. For T1 if I start front row, I just try to outrun (I even set gearing of 1 & 2 for that), for anything else, I just sit back, avoid carnage and enjoy. After T1 and during the 1st lap, you can see, where you stand. Typically I then try to either catch the guys in front and/or match/beat the fastest times.
I also tend to not take the sprints very seriously, except I avoid causing crashes and try to race a clean as I can regardless what other drivers are doing.

I think it is impossible to find a way to be safe every time. Even if you are fair with other people. You can find people that forgot to brake and crash at you or you can be involved in accident that is impossible to avoid. You can reduce this possibility finding a racing league and nice people to compete against and following the advice from lonelyracer

However, accidents are parts of races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back