F1 2010 Sacked and no new contract!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
So I was with McLaren and wanted to switch. Ferrari came through eventually with an offer to be their no. 2. No thanks! So I declined it, and I never replied to Mercedes or Red Bull on their no. 1 offer. Eventually, they withdrew them.
But some time after, Ferrari came back with the #2 offer, which I didn't want. I figured that if I declined (the game wouldn't let me), they'd come back with another one once I won the championship and conclusively beat Alonso (my rival). But they withdrew it, and right after, McLaren fired me because I was frustrated after a couple of races.

So I ended the season with offers from midfield teams only and being forced to accept one of them.

Needless to say, I now drive for Renault!

Now that would be something!
They give you the "Fernando is faster than you" Rob Smedley
or "Jenson has to manage his fuel also"
or "Mark you need to maintain position" (today at Silverstone) By the way what was that about! Vettel is what 75 points clear and they treat him like he needs handouts!!! Horner talks about a team perspective-the team was going to get 2nd and 3rd regardless. One annoyed Webber fan here. I think Ill knock back any Red bull offer.
Back in-game: Then the team gets dissatisfied if you ignore them. Now that would be fun.

mm what happens if I piss Renault off, will they fire me and someone else hire me? I'm almost sure someone was saying something the other day about how it is possible to get sacked mid-season.

Yeah, Christian Horner justified it to the BBC by saying that it was only because Vettel had a bad day with the pit stop etc, yeah right! Mark was behind him and started catching him on raw pace, plus it's the middle of the season, if Mark is better now and from now on, then he deserves a shot; the championship between those 2 is all but over...

Yes it really dissappoints me. It is as if Vettle is their champion and Webbers job is to earn the "other points" for the team.
He was very tight lipped and uncharacteristicy "corporate" in the press conference when asked directly about it..
But we must remeber he is on a year by year deal and hasn't signed yet for next year. I guess its not the time for to be frank. Lots of drivers want his seat and its the best seat in F1 so I huess he wants to stay.

To be fair, I don't think the team's view was 'we'll get second and third anyway' so much as 'we'll get no better than second and third either way, and we risk a double-DNF on the final lap'. I see why Webber feels aggrieved though, and would have loved to see the battle play out without outside interference. At least Hamilton and Massa did their best to illustrate how it should be done though.

true enough.
so I raced bahrain and won with my renault (couldn't do the pole, though). I found out from my useless agent that this is my final season. I had forgotten. So what happens after that? It just restarts? sounds like it all leads up to nothing IMO. F1 2011 needs more live the life. just racing over and over the same tracks gets kind of boring once you get the hang of it. While I am on my rant, maybe it needs an "extreme" difficulty (now legend) and a true legend, because it is NOT difficult and it becomes tedious after a while, save for a few tracks (Monaco, Barça). It would be nice if the BEST you could ever do would be a real pole time set that year, not seconds faster like some manage. It would be so cool to have real ghosts to race against, taken from this year's season (pole for each track at least).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back