1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sabine Queen of the 'Ring...Rocks the 'Ring

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by speedrcr, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Came across this tonight and thought I'd share....just reinforces why she holds the title as the Queen of Nurburgring. I'll let the video do the talking.

Class is in session of how to properly race the Ring....;)

Edit: fixed my awesome grammar

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Sabine Schmitz is an incredibly underrated driver. It's such a shame she isn't in the public eye more, she is more than capable of controlling a car!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Yea she is not just a showcase driver as depicted in Top Gear a few years ago...she's a true racing hot momma.

Plus she grew up on the ring, I'm not one bit surprised she hasn't studied that track like a Doctor knows anatomy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. She was on slicks the rest of the field on wets. Not that impressive :ninja:

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

The only one to take a chance on slicks working in the damp? Dumb move.

6. It wasn't all that damp actually, there's a lot of teams that make that move for how much was raining. It was more of a slight sprinkle that day (which in RL intermediates or wet tires don't do much anyhow when it's slightly damp), it hadn't been raining much before.

She's quite a genius when it comes to that track, I'd trust her judgement there any day over most. After all she's been racing that track since 10(?) and now 45.

7. Mapu

Mapu
    Premium Member

she is not underrated nor unknown... neither is frikadelli racing (the fastest meatball in the world) ... actually she is pretty popular, not only in german motorsport (VLN)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

I don't think you've taken geographical location into account. Yes, she may be incredibly popular in Germany, not quite so much in Britain.