Saab & Ikea to enter F1 2011?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Saab_ikea_f1_481_0.jpg

If IKEA did..would that mean the car is flat packed and the car is a DIY car with 'how-to-build' instructions in a multitude of languages that no-one speaks? And the driver has to build it himself otherwise he wont get a drive.

I'm guessing that there are 2 important aspects that the ikea team or actually the driver will pay attention
1st....the important do it your self build manual...driver must read this prior to reach the track
ikea.jpg

2nd....remember that their car may have a long life guarantee, but it will break if not taken care properly

One of our design buddies, Niklas Palm, has been busy drawing up his F1 dreams for Saab, with some substantial Swedish sponsorship on board.
I know Victor Muller still is still an F1 fancier. He tried to buy the Brawn F1 team in the off-season but was pipped by Mercedes, though that particular outcome had some good consequences for Saab
icon_smile.gif

But I also know that that particular dream would be way off the radar right now. Still, it’s nice to dream…….

I know it's fake...but I just had to download that picture. Now if I could just get one of the very talented car builders here to design and paint it for a sim....any sim, I'd be "over the moon". I see so little of my favorite car offered in simracing, that I take what I can get...pictures included. The fact is that most people who test drive a Saab....buy a Saab. They're great cars...not as pretty as most cars in their catagory...but in terms of electrical engineering, systems management and engine internals...they can't be beat. That Swedish 2.0T (pre94) and 2.3L is bulletproof. My classic 900T went 17 years with two failures...an electrical fuel pump and an ignition module. I sold it three years ago with 485000 miles on the original body...still getting 28mpg and burning NO oil.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%