• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S9 F1 2017 Social Reserve Drivers Race: Singapore Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Jerry Moorrees, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    [​IMG]

Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 9

Social Event: - Tuesday - 07/11/2017 - 20:00 BST

Host: Jerry Moorrees (Roimata_)

Upcoming Tuesday we having a break week and therefore we are hosting an event for all reserve drivers!!
    This time it's the other way around and the reserve drivers have already a seat, if you want a seat in a car as a full time driver you need to sign up by posting that in this thread.

our Reserves:
    @HRacingGreen
    @Imran Kahn
    @Ashley Blakeley
    @swillisam
    @Mark Leonard
    @Nikki71
    @James Ratiff
    @alex1994128
    @Charlie89
    @SJM1337

let us know in this thread if you are able to race upcomming tuesday and in what car, all other drivers can sign up aswell, until we have a full grid.

hope to see all reserve drivers on the track upcomming tuesday and show us your talent!

QUESTIONS TO OUR RESERVE DRIVERS:

1. If you look at the last race at Spain in what position do you see yourself in?

2. What made you decide to sign up at Racedepartement? and how did you find us?

3. If you look at the championship table who do you think will take the title?

4. What is your favorite track and why?

5. Do you watch the great YouTube stream of this league? If not , why not?

6. ask our originators @Mikey Woolford, @Milos and @Andrew Wood anything.
    Attending:
    Sean (SeanISR-16) - Force India
    Charlie(charlie0989) - Williams
    Jerry(Roimata_) - Red Bull
    Mark(MLA236997) - Ferrari
    Harry (HRacingGreen2400) - Renault
    Milos (RBOS_00) - random
    James(jc6492) - Force India
    Andrea -(Cecchi_star) - Renault
    Guy(GuytheGuy17) - Williams
    Mikey(Wooly51) - Red Bull

Avaiable:
    Mercedes 2x
    McLaren 2x
    Sauber 2x
    Torro Rosso 2x
    Haas 2x

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +37
    Why not im up for it:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,147
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  4. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +37
    i want the lovely lovely pink panther :inlove:

• Love Love x 1
  5. Charlie89

Charlie89

Ratings:
    +5
    1. If you look at the last race at Spain in what position do you see yourself in?
    Everyone was very quick here, last yea I might of been able to compete better, but this year it looks tough. If I had to put myself somewhere I would of like to say somewhere in the region of 12th maybe.

Well thanks to @Andrew Wood I wouldn't be here. Why did I want to join, I always wanted to be in a league race, was it so infuriating playing with people who just don't care and hopefully sometime in the future I can be a really competitor!

It is really hard to say you have michael and Mitchell with pretty fast pace at the moment I would like to wait abit more see how it plans out :).

I have a real soft spot for Singapore it's like Monaco but wider, city track there overtaking places just nice.

I started to watch, I admit I didn't used to, but now I get to to commentary with jamie it's pretty good!

@Mikey Woolford @Andrew Wood - what made you both decided to start a forum and league racing?

6. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    Same

7. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    Complety forgot my apologies, changed it in the original post

• Love Love x 1
  8. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    What car you want to drive in? Reserve drivers can choose first, let me know

9. Mark Leonard

Mark Leonard

Ratings:
    +5

Sean's pace

Just thought I'd give it a go, interesting challenge :)

Shellay I think.

Quite a few I enjoy. Hard to pick which one.

Yes I do, interesting to watch back a lot of battles

What do you eat before racing? :p

--------

P.S. I'd like to be in the Ferrari for Tuesday please :)

10. Charlie89

Charlie89

Ratings:
    +5
    I like the William's, but if not available then the force India for sure.

11. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,147
    I think I will drop down to 11th if Harry and Alex do more races.

It was just after I upgraded my wheel to the T300, I needed to get comfortable to the new setup. I knew Alex and Harry were here, so I knew the competition would be good, and I knew I didn't need to do as much practice for RD as I did for AOR. (especially with racing line enabled)

I hope it's Michelle but Mitchell seems to have a slight pace advantage

Canada flows really well for me, I enjoy driving it (without a broken 11 ballast setup) and I tend to perform well here.
    It's usually the turning point of the season for me, either I take a good result (probably podium/top 5 on this game) and carry good motivation for the following 2 races, or I take a bad result and realize my season has gone to **** and don't want to drive anymore.

I do check it out, to see some of the best moments in the race and whether or not my overtakes were featured.

Can I have a classic car pls? :laugh: I'm sick of the hybrids

Every fortnight I return from school late (about 7-7:10), so anything that I can make and eat in under 15 minutes, as I want to get some practice in.
    Other than that, nothing extraordinary, it's like any other dinner.
    I didn't start a forum, but I started league racing, so I'll answer that. It's really simple - a friend was doing AOR on F1 2015, so I thought I'd sign up just to beat him.

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,351
    I am working this Tuesday, so I am unavailable for this.

1. I didn't start any forum here. I started league racing here on RaceDepartment on F1 2010 with @Jamie-Lee Mayers Sunday tournament where we had a mere 5 people that showed up every week and from then on I joined other websites and got in to more organized racing than the public lobbies. This league originally was organized on Precision Racing League's site but we moved to RD after some drama and I guess I just found my way towards an organizing role when things started to sort of fall apart. Proud to be part of this league than any other I have been in or am currently in, however just due to how we run things around here.

2. I don't usually eat before racing, mostly after racing. Even when it comes to real life karting competitions I hate to have a meal or anything beforehand. When I won that 12 hr endurance race in September they had catered a meal for us towards hour 10 or so and it was so difficult to even have an appetite!

3. NO! Quit your moaning and let's just suffer together.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +47
    I'll take a Renault:D

14. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +47
    If you look at the last race at Spain in what position do you see yourself in?
    Well Spain showed promising pace despite my lack of practice, so really I'm aiming to be top 5 and win contention for every race I attend.

I pissed Drew off after an AOR race in S12 and off the back of that he asked me if I fancied racing on a Tuesday :p alas I had so much fun in those last 5 races of the season I took up S8 full time, but opted for reserve this season again.

Its Mitchell or Shellay's to lose here. If Mikey can pull of another tear like last season he could be in for it too.

Probably Austria, Silverstone or CotA. All of them flow pretty nicely and I've had good pace at all of them in the past and continue to do so this year.

I catch it if I have a spare hour or so. I don't have it on during the race because I'm already distracted enough in the race :p

Favourite band? Idk I'm not the interviewer here.

15. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21
    Can I shotgun a Ferrari?

16. James Ratiff

James Ratiff

Ratings:
    +1
    I’ll take a Force India if there’s one left! Will answer the questions later

17. Don_cecchi

Don_cecchi

Ratings:
    +4
    If there is still a seat why not :)

18. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    you also racing ? if so what car you want?

19. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    You also racing ?, if so what car you want in?

20. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    Ferrari is now taken by Tom and Mark.

You also joining Ben? If so what car you want too drive in?