• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S9 F1 2017 Round 7: Canada Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Andrew Wood, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,351
    [​IMG]

Race Department - F1 2017 - Weekday Championship | Season 9
    Round 7: - Tuesday - 21/11/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader:

Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mitchell Haverlag
    FIA Pole Trophy: Shellay(3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Guy/Helves/Shellay/BColli/Wooly/Klayyyy(1)

Host: Thomas Glen (TomAJ91)
    Backup Host: Jerry Moorrees (Roimata_)

Stream : Hosted by Jamie-Lee Mayers and accompanying commentary by Charlie Everard
    Link : (to be provided at race start)
    Jamie's page: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePhenomF1

Reserve Order for Canada:

- Ash
    - Saif
    - Harry
    - Cian
    Absentees:
    Guy - Ashley Blakeley will reserve

Pre-Race Questions:
    1) Did everyone enjoy the pre-race drivers meeting at Monaco? Would you guys like this to continue at future events?

2) We move on to another narrow and tight circuit at Canada. Explain to everyone a bit about your thoughts on the circuit and what it takes to achieve a fast lap time.

3) Last season, we saw @Jerry Moorrees grab his first ever pole position. Will we see a new polesitter at Canada for Season 9 compared to previous races? How close will the entire field be from front to back?

4) Predict the following positions:
    - Polesitter / Time
    - Winner
    - 5th
    - 11th

5) Ask @Martijn Boontje a question . . . about anything.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017 at 19:19
  2. Ashley Blakeley

Ashley Blakeley

Ratings:
    +212
    I am able to race again, this time I'll just use one front wing

3. SJM1337

SJM1337

Ratings:
    +136
    I'm in too.

4. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,351
    Thread is now open for reserves to provide their availability and also answer pre race questions!

5. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +47
    Available

6. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    First time in history I am with this league, questions are directed at me. Make the most of it guys as the next time can be over 4 years!

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,033
    1) Did everyone enjoy the pre-race drivers meeting at Monaco? Would you guys like this to continue at future events?

I found it hilarious, Adolf Drewtler.

2) We move on to another narrow and tight circuit at Canada. Explain to everyone a bit about your thoughts on the circuit and what it takes to achieve a fast lap time.

This is going to be a close one. Low times again but with more room to breathe and less challenge the battle at the front is going to be close. I haven't had much luck here. DNF'ing the past two seasons.

3) Last season, we saw @Jerry Moorrees grab his first ever pole position. Will we see a new polesitter at Canada for Season 9 compared to previous races? How close will the entire field be from front to back?

- Almost certainly, and it depends on the field but i'd say less than 2 seconds.

- Polesitter / Time
    - Winner - Sean
    - 5th - Saif
    - 11th - Bcolli

8. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,033

You seem to be very into your boats. Therefore, let me ask you a historic boating question. You may be aware of the conspiracy theory surrounding the Titantic and her sister ship the Olympic. After an incident occurred between the Olympic and HMS Hawke in 1911 causing damage and the possible delay of the maiden voyage for the titanic itself, the two ships had allegedly been swapped prior to the maiden voyage to ensure that the Olympic sunk deliberately so they did not have to pay the repairs and could claim insurance. One of the most elaborate insurance scams of all time, if it is true. So let me ask you. What's your opinion on Jurassic World?

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Jamie-Lee Mayers

Jamie-Lee Mayers
    PS4 F1 Lead Commentator Premium

Ratings:
    +709
    WHAT DID I MISS!?

10. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    This is a trick question and the answer is lips and pooms.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +47
    I'm indifferent. I am gonna call Andrew "Drew Marie Balestre" from now on though.,

Two words: Corner Cuts.

Closeish. 2.5-3 seconds?

- Polesitter / Time: Klay with his AOR S13 lines. Probably 57 seconds.
    - Winner: Mitchell
    - 5th: Guy
    - 11th: SheLlay

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 10:07
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21

It was a good laugh

I have no idea, as a low DF setup could gain you 2-3ths on the back straights but is it worth it in the corners?

I think Mikey will grab another pole

- Polesitter / Time - Mikey
    - Winner - Shellay
    - 5th Drew
    - 11th Guy

5) Ask @Martijn Boontje a question . . . about anything. Why didnt you race in Monoco?

13. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,351

Just like at any race conducted whether small or big, a driver's meeting is important to give any updates/reminders, entertain questions, and wish everyone the best of luck in the race. I tried to keep it as upbeat as possible. I may not do this every week, but occasionally I think it's necessary.

The track is very big on momentum and if you lose the momentum in the back part of the circuit, then your lap time will suffer. I consider this my home GP even though it's across the border, so I would really like to do well here. Although statistically I, like Mikey, tend to DNF here more than any other circuit based on past history.

I think it's possible for any midfield driver to get to the sharp end of the grid here - it all depends on how much downforce you're willing to part with. My vote is for @GuytheGuy17 to grab his first pole position.

- Polesitter / Time
    : Guy / 1:07.7
    - Winner : Shellay
    - 5th : Klay
    - 11th : Vithjalmen

When you inevitably wind up in America, where is the first city you want to visit?

14. Ashley Blakeley

Ashley Blakeley

Ratings:
    +212

I didn't actually hear it I wasn't in the lobby at the time, what was even said? @Andrew Wood

I like it! Best way to go fast, don't crash :)

Mikey will get pole

- Polesitter / Time
    - Winner - Mikey
    - 5th - Mikey
    - 11th - Mikey

What is your favourite kind of cake?

15. CianG-4

CianG-4

Ratings:
    +4
    I would be interested in racing

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,033
    As long as you go full Ireland

17. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +66
    Hmmm

Love it. But I'm really not the person to tell you how to be fast here.

3) Last season, we saw @jerry Moorreesgrab his first ever pole position. Will we see a new polesitter at Canada for Season 9 compared to previous races? How close will the entire field be from front to back?
    Potentially. I think it's one of the circuits where these kinds of unlikely pole sitters happen. I'm going to say 2.2s

- Polesitter / Time Klay/1.09.8
    - Winner Klay
    - 5th Tom
    - 11th Vithjalmen

Snog, Marry, Kill:
    Jos Verstappen, Arjen Robben, Guus Hiddink

18. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,147
    Sure

It's my favourite circuit, I like how it rewards braking because there are a lot of medium-large braking zones where trail braking is required. In general, I enjoy flying through the chicanes.
    I used to race a lot on this circuit in the past. And speed comes with practice, I suppose. Don't think I'll have it on this game, but it'll probably be where I'm at my peak pace wise.

I hope it'll be spread out lol, I always bottle it in close grids

- Polesitter / Time Klay
    - Winner Klay
    - 5th me
    - 11th Drew

You say you were here for a while. When was your first race and how did it go?

19. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,351
    Oooh that's a good one! I'd like to hear the answer to that one too. Martijn has raced here longer than me if i'm not mistaken ...
    Great now I have to go in to my records lol.

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. CianG-4

CianG-4

Ratings:
    +4
    Ooohhh be careful what you wish for. Irish people are probably best at fighting, talking and drinking these days, not sure any of these skills would be applicable here.

• Beer Beer x 1