• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S9 F1 2017 Round 5: Spanish Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Andrew Wood, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Mitchell

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Shellay

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Mikey

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Harry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sean

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  6. Ben

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mazais

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Milos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    [​IMG]

Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 9
    Round 5: - Tuesday - 31/10/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mitchell

Constructors' World Championship Leader:
    FIA Pole Trophy: Shellay(3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Guy/Helves/Shellay/Mazais(1)

Host: Thomas Glen (TomAJ91)
    Backup Host: Jerry Moorrees (Roimata_)

Post Race Interview - Russia - Shellay

Q - Michael, two terrific performances in Bahrain and Russia have really cemented your position as the favourite for this years championship, even at this early stage. What are you doing differently this season compared to 2016 and how do you feel the season has started for you?

I wouldn't say I am doing anything differently. I guess I seem to have harnessed and improved upon all aspects of my driving from 2016. Pace, tyre wear and consistency have all made a step forward and that is positive.

Q - It seems certain that this season will be a two way between yourself and Mitchell Haverlag. As two drivers who have not really raced each other before, how do you go into races knowing the closest challenger is not someone you've got much experience with?

With each race that passes by, we are learning about each other, the way we react in certain situations and so on. As he is the more experienced league racer, I really feel as though I am learning a lot from him, as well as about him.

Q - We are now heading to Europe for the traditional part of the season, are you a fan of the older, more rustic tracks, or the newer, flatter creations?

Europe tends to be slightly weaker for me and I know others such as Ben thrive in the European rounds. It will be tough for me to maintain my form throughout this part of the season before I look ahead to the Asian tracks.

Q - You come into this season as Williams' number two driver. With a driver with race winning pedigree like Milos as your team leader, how important is it to keep on your game and keep the team happy?

He's a tough man to please. He also seems to be lacking motivation after a mixed start to the season, so as the Number 2 driver, it is my duty to ensure he feels prepared and determined heading into each race.

Q - There have been many hints across the paddock today that Red Bull are already preparing to either demote or sack Mikey Woolford due to his sub-par performances and the positive results that Guy McLennan is bringing in. What are your thoughts?

Woolford definitely needs to up his game. As the reigning champion, he would be expected to be at least contending for podiums each race. Whether his below-par results have come due to bad luck or his own shortcomings, Helmut Marko is not a patient man. Improvement needed.

Q - And finally, the obvious question, can you really go all the way and win this title? You'd become the first ever Estonian to do so.

Well if Estonia is short on anything, it's RaceDepartment champions. Unfortunately there is a high possibility that I will have to miss some races this season due to other commitments. I have maximised every single session this season and yet I still trail in the championship. If I am to have a shot at the title, this needs to continue.

QUESTIONS TO DRIVERS:
    1. So we move past Russia to kick off the European set of tracks for the season. If you were to sum up your flyaway raceway experience in 5 words, what would they be?

2. It has been discovered that there are some peculiar setup upgrades that some drivers have been using to achieve a better performing car and allow for an increase in pace. Have you been able to test this and implement it to your own driving?

3. Russia definitely had a shaken up finishing order from what we were used to seeing - with some heavy hitters either not finishing or having a poor race and some usual midfielders scoring some big points. Have we seen an increase in pace and consistency from some under the radar drivers?

4. Which of the upcoming European tracks are you looking forward to the most and why?

5. Shellay really appears to be showing supreme Q and R pace compared to everyone else - scoring the pole position in every race he's contended in. With the rumors that Shellay will not be racing in Spain, who will we see as our fastest in qualifying?

6. Ask @Jerry Moorrees a question . . . about anything.

Informed Absences:
    1) Fredrik - Harry Green will reserve (Haas)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  2. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,031
    1. So we move past Russia to kick off the European set of tracks for the season. If you were to sum up your flyaway raceway experience in 5 words, what would they be?

Where. is. my. rear. grip

2. It has been discovered that there are some peculiar setup upgrades that some drivers have been using to achieve a better performing car and allow for an increase in pace. Have you been able to test this and implement it to your own driving?

Just like the 11-11 thing from earlier games I simply don't get on with these supposed superior setups. Therefore, from Spain. I'm going back to a 2016 style setup.

3. Russia definitely had a shaken up finishing order from what we were used to seeing - with some heavy hitters either not finishing or having a poor race and some usual midfielders scoring some big points. Have we seen an increase in pace and consistency from some under the radar drivers?

For sure. The more planted feel of the cars has allowed for a closer field.

4. Which of the upcoming European tracks are you looking forward to the most and why?

Spain, Britain, Austria and Spa

5. Shellay really appears to be showing supreme Q and R pace compared to everyone else - scoring the pole position in every race he's contended in. With the rumors that Shellay will not be racing in Spain, who will we see as our fastest in qualifying?

Mitchell or Cas

Jerry. You live in Holland. What dutch football team do you support and what are your thoughts about Ronald 'Snake' Koeman's sacking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35

QUESTIONS TO DRIVERS:
    DSC luck improving pace and consistent

i tested it and it feels great, you have more grip but it works only in couple of circuits example spain dont worked

yes and its great to see that keep it up

spain and monaco, especially monaco cause its my favourite circuit so i wanna do good there. spain is pretty good as well

think mitchell, or maybe martijn

how is it like to be my teammate :);)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    ... I no longer know what five means.

5. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    Thats the trick my friend;)

6. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21

Better results than I expected

I tried it on TT on Russia and I was easily 5ths slower a lap, it doesn't work for me.

I feel everyone in general has improved in pace, the faster guys from 2017 just need to find their form

Probably Spa, just 1.45.00 of fun.

Sean

Tom and Jerry havent been mixing as much this season, are you happy or sad about this?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fredrik hallin

Fredrik hallin

Ratings:
    +2
    I wont be racing in spain .

• Sad Sad x 1
  8. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    Thanks for letting us know Fredrik!

9. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    @alex1994128 are you prepared to stand in at Spain? Haas is open ^^

10. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    We can disconnect together:inlove:

11. jeroenp

jeroenp

Ratings:
    +0
    because this is the most active forum, can someone tell me where and how to change the language in f1 2017?

12. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    Great qualifyings, now the races.
    Its hard to adopt to these setups with a controller.
    This years game has brought many drivers closer to eachother. Mitchell, Alex and Shellay are still in a different league (see TT in Russia on frieds leaderboard). It is definitely more fun. If you are quick you could be quick and still end up in p11 or if you are quick and on the good side you can be 5th or better.
    All of them, really enjoying this season on Racedepartment!
    Mitchell
    Some up and downs this season, where do you see yourself in the picking order of this league?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I'll have a look later but presumably... the settings.

14. Charlie89

Charlie89

Ratings:
    +5
    I love Spain if I can race here. If anyone drops let us know!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    I think that I'm the only person that is affected here by this, because America is stupid, but if your clocks were not set back this weekend due to daylight savings time ending, your race will be an hour later on this coming Tuesday and every week until your clocks change.

16. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    i think those time changing thing is bullshit hope they banned it cause still i find it very weird

17. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    How to delete the last chicane of this track out of the coding of this game?

18. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +65
    Track limits are a joke there, so just don't bother taking it :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,146
    Really obviously very consistently poor

With the new setups, I don't feel like I have complete control of the car, so in some corners I'm going significantly slower just to keep the car stable.
    I haven't been able to implement this properly into my driving, but it's giving me minor speed improvements so maybe given enough time I'll learn to cope with it.

Whoever has the motivation to drive on this game will probably perform better than usual. With GT Sport coming out, I think this game has been exposed.

I usually like coming to the 4 upcoming circuits, but on this game, Canada and Baku don't feel as good as on 2016 and earlier.

Alex if he's racing, if not, Harry.

How long did it take you to make those excel tables?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mitchell Haverlag

Mitchell Haverlag

Ratings:
    +87
    Good but still need improvement

It takes time to adept but I will be fine.

Yes, each race we will see more the true potential from everybody.

In general I like the European tracks more. I'm looking forward to race at Austria and SPA the most.

Sean

Do you think you can get on the pace you had last season without any assist?

• Like Like x 1