• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S9 F1 2017 Round 3: Bahrain Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,031
    [​IMG]

Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 9
    Round 3: - Tuesday - 17/10/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mitchell

Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Shellay and Ben(1)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Guy(1)

Host: Jerry Moorrees (Roimata_)
    Backup Host: Thomas Glen (TomAJ91)

Announcements:

Post Chinese GP Interview with Mitchell Haverlag

Q - Well Mitchell, after the disappointment of just losing out on the win in Australia. How does it feel to take your first victory in a long time here in China?

It feels good to be on the top of the podium again! I know I could have done better in Australia and I wanted to prove I still have what it takes to win a race in Racedepartment. There is still a lot to improve and it will be interesting to see If I can keep this up and win more races!

Q - Your race was defined by an early stop today where you were able to use the undercut to pass Ben. This set up your ability to get clear of the pack which congregated behind with traffic. An inspired decision, was it a team decision or do you get to make these decisions on track?
    The strategy was well before the race clear that was the one to try something different. I didn't realise how close it actually was with Ben coming out of the pits. I was focused setting up a move on the Williams. Taking the undercut ment that we got stuck in traffic wich cost a lot of time to get through. With a little help from my teammate I got through better than the others. That gave me a nice gap to settle in and control the gap behind.

Q - Your team mate Andrew Wood is really struggling right now with these new regulations, whereas the results from Australia and here in China indicate you've made a step forward, what do you attribute your increased pace to?
    I am very well aware my teammate isn't really happy with the handling of the car. However if there is anybody that can bounce back from this kind of a struggle, It is Andrew. I know if he can find the sweetspot and feeling better in the car, he will be right up there!! It is just a matter of time he will be on the podium.
    This year I have a better feeling in the car. The car does what I want.

Q - We now hop across the pond to Bahrain which is a more stop start natured track. Do you think you can continue your good form into the next grand prix?
    The track in Bahrain isn't my favorite at all. I havent practice a 50% yet but in TT I was a bit struggling with setting up the car. I will try my best to be fighting for the podium.

Q - Who would you say are your closest challengers early in this season?
    In Australia Shellay showed a very good pace. I expect him to be right up there in Bahrain. I think we still have to see the best out of a lot of people. Mikey isn't that bad how he claimed to be. Cas showed some good pace in China. Ben was right up there aswell and there a more that we will see fighting for the podium.

Questions to Drivers:
    With the first two races being won by Shellay and Mitchell, there's the opportunity for us to see a 3rd different winner in Bahrain, who do you think this could be?

So far this championship looks like a battle of the M's with Mitchell and Michael Fleming both winning and the champ Mikey Woolford not being far off. Can anyone break the TripleM dominance this season?

We have seen an interesting change in the middle order this season. Which driver has impressed you most so far?

Bahrain is the type of track which rewards bravery on the brakes. With the lack of slipstream, do you feel a few divebombs coming on into t1?

Predict Your;
    Race Winner
    Fastest Lap
    First Corner Incident
    Highest Gain from Quali to Race position

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Added questions.

3. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35

Questions to Drivers:
    With the first two races being won by Shellay and Mitchell, there's the opportunity for us to see a 3rd different winner in Bahrain, who do you think this could be?
    sounds selfish but hopefully me, bahrain is one off my favourite circuit. but looking at the pre race in bahrain shellay looked very strong so we will see :)

So far this championship looks like a battle of the M's with Mitchell and Michael Fleming both winning and the champ Mikey Woolford not being far off. Can anyone break the TripleM dominance this season?
    i don't think so. the triple m looks very good in overall pace.

We have seen an interesting change in the middle order this season. Which driver has impressed you most so far?
    so far Cas. Cas had very good in results i Australia and China, ive he keep up the good results he will be gonna fight for the championship

Bahrain is the type of track which rewards bravery on the brakes. With the lack of slipstream, do you feel a few divebombs coming on into t1?
    Probably,

Predict Your;
    Race Winner: Shellay
    Fastest Lap: Cas
    First Corner Incident RBOS and Mazais
    Highest Gain from Quali to Race position: 6 From @Andrew Wood from 11th to 5th

4. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +65
    Sean/Mikey

Martijn... oh wait.

Sean seems to have made a step forward. I would also say Guy has impressed me so far.

Yup.

Predict Your;
    Race Winner Mitchell
    Fastest Lap Sean
    First Corner Incident EVERYBODY
    RBOS from 18th to 5th

5. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,146
    You mean me and @Klayyyyyy surely? :whistling:

6. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    Ah yes nice memory in australia:whistling:;)

7. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    This could be one hell of a race.

8. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +90
    might be racing this one, need to get on the lead of that horrible aor race

• Angry Angry x 1
  9. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    See I had a good race. Just everyone was so immensely close on pace it was a train.

Looking forward to this. Jamie could be getting very excited in the commentary box

10. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,350
    So far no reported absences ...

11. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    Didnt saw any livestream from psluton

12. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +65

13. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    Sean/Cas or Mikey

Sean/ Cas or Mikey, but i think Mitchell and Michael are hard to beat this season. Looks like they are fully in control of the car this season on every tyre.

I would say Martijn, the bad luck he had last season didn't make him show he's true pace, last race at China it finally turned his way. I think we will be seeing more of him in the top 5 this season.

YUP, and divebombs into T2? YUP

Predict Your;
    Race Winner Sean
    Fastest Lap Shellay
    First Corner Incident Milos
    Thomas from 11th to 7th

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank you:)

15. Mitchell Haverlag

Mitchell Haverlag

Ratings:
    +87
    Ofcourse, we only did 2 races and every driver is still improving so I expect different winners.

Definitly Martijn, finally he can show his potential a bit more than last seasons. I know he can be in the top 5 on a good day.

I really hope people are using their heads when overtaking here.

Predict Your;
    Race Winner: Michael
    Fastest Lap: Mikey
    First Corner Incident: Mitchell
    Highest Gain from Quali to Race position: Andrew

• Like Like x 1
  16. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +14
    I think that Cas, Sean or Alex, when he races, can cause upsets.

I think it has to be Cas. This game seems to suit him and he has got great qualifying and race pace.

Hopefully not. I hope people use their brains and don't go for glory. If you are quicker than somebody you will not have to divebomb.

Predict Your;
    Race Winner: Shellay
    Fastest Lap: Sean
    First Corner Incident: Tom
    Highest Gain from Quali to Race position: Mikey

17. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I'm feeling really good coming into this race. I may have only got a point last night but in terms of feel and where I could have been I had top 5 speed and a confidence yet to be experienced on2017

• Like Like x 3
  18. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +90
    i will be having an eye on this place come tomorrow evening, so just message me if you need me racing :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jamie-Lee Mayers

Jamie-Lee Mayers
    PS4 F1 Lead Commentator Premium

Ratings:
    +708
    Hmm, I have way more subs but way less views in comparison with that stream.......where do I go wrong :cry::cry:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  20. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,031
    AOR has a bigger reach in regards of console. A lot of your subs won't be subs for this league, whereas people will be subbed there specific to watch that particular broadcast.

Also, can you send me a link to your channel? The Xbox team want to watch tomorrow so no pressure ;)