1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, May 10, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 9: - Tuesday - 16/5/2017 - 20:00 BST

Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W
    Constructors' World Championship Leader: Red Bull
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (2)

Announcements

Everyone please welcome Ben Coles to the grid. He will be starting the new Haas F1 team.​

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: Finally, we are away from the walls and at a real ''Race Track''. A short Red Bull Ring greets us for the next round. With such a short track I would expect times to be close. How do you feel about this track being back on the calendar?

Everyone: In the past few races Karl has managed to come within licking distance of that elusive first win. Do you think he can finally break his duck and get it here in Austria? If not, in what manner do you think he will lose the win?

Everyone: We now venture into the ''old'' European portion of the season, which is your favourite European track and why?

Karl: I personally have experienced the heartbreak of losing a win by a matter of mere thousandths. Surely such a loss most negatively affect you but also, you must be able to take positives from being in such a strong position the past few races. How do you feel?

Alex: You claim that this is your track, such a claim is likely to build a large amount of pressure to succeed. Can you back those up?

Karl: Many believe you were on for a certain win in Canada before an electrical fault struck. How disappointing was it to have lost the lead in that manner?

Andrew: A terrific performance from yourself and Mitchell in Canada really underlined your credentials as WCC contenders and also proved your ever improving speed. Can you keep the good run going?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Welcome Ben! Nice to see the Haas back in use.
    Everyone: Finally, we are away from the walls and at a real ''Race Track''. A short Red Bull Ring greets us for the next round. With such a short track I would expect times to be close. How do you feel about this track being back on the calendar?

I don't think the current layout of the circuit is particularly great but anything goes here on the game; weather, strategy, heavy braking zones. Its a lot of fun, shame I am not that competitive here.

Everyone: In the past few races Karl has managed to come within licking distance of that elusive first win. Do you think he can finally break his duck and get it here in Austria? If not, in what manner do you think he will lose the win?
    Who knows? Maybe he'll get a puncture, perhaps he will run over a stray Ethernet cable that will tear off his front wing. In all seriousness though I don't see anyone challenging Alex this round. He is worryingly confident.

Everyone: We now venture into the ''old'' European portion of the season, which is your favourite European track and why?

Hate all of them. Bring on Asia.

3. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    Well I've won a race with 0.037 already, now I lost one with 0.043. You win some, you lose some, that's it basicly. First time in a while where everything went ok'ish. Still had a stupid moment in the wall and a stupid moment with my 3rd warning (to get a warning is already stupid on a track where you can cut everything tbh) but these were self inflicted for once. I guess I'm not doing too bad because I don't practice that much and then it levels out here where others don't practice much either ^^. I just hope I can keep enjoying racing tbh, that would be all I ask for.

4. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Ben!
    I'm glad that we are back at the good tracks. I think it flows well and it has produced some good racing on the game and in real life so I think it has warranted its place back. It has certainly done better than Baku in terms of racing.

He has the pace but has had "connection related" issues. I think he will take a win sooner or later.

My favourite track is Belgium just because it is my fastest and it flows really well.

5. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys, thanks for the greetings :D I don't like the Haas at all but I'll accept the challenge.
    Finally, we are away from the walls and at a real ''Race Track''. A short Red Bull Ring greets us for the next round. With such a short track I would expect times to be close. How do you feel about this track being back on the calendar?
    I actually like Baku (shame I missed it given it's not on the AOR calendar), but Austria is also a good track, interesting for setup and strategy with a chance of rain too. Given it's simpleness it's a good place to start (opposite to Baku in that sense :p) and with the short lap I'll try to push my way up the grid by finding those few extra tenths. With tyre wear high on the 3 softest tyres I think I could get a good result as tyre conserving is my strength.
    In the past few races Karl has managed to come within licking distance of that elusive first win. Do you think he can finally break his duck and get it here in Austria? If not, in what manner do you think he will lose the win?
    Don't know the context, but now I'm rooting for this Karl guy :p So I'd say he can win.
    We now venture into the ''old'' European portion of the season, which is your favourite European track and why?
    Spain but out of the "old" portion it could be any but Silverstone, I like the Asian races more though, especially Singapore ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79

HAALLEELUJJAHHH!!!!!

Don't think that it will be here, karl showed himself in good shape on the streetcourses, so i expect that in hungary or singapore he has a pretty good shot.

Austria because i really like the layout and bc it really suits my driving style, but i am also liking Italy and Belgium very much. Basically i have to get within 25 Points of Mikey before Singapore if i want to keep any chance in the championchip alive

Alex: You claim that this is your track, such a claim is likely to build a large amount of pressure to succeed. Can you back those up?

I have now a 6 race streak without a podium in both my league, so it cannot go really worse. It gives me rather confidence to come at track that i like that here i can regain my mojo.

7. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300

The track is a bit too simplistic for my liking. The times are going to be close here and I think the success is going to come to the driver that just keeps his nose out of trouble. The times at the top of the grid are already pretty close and a track like this just opens the door for more incidents at T1/T2.

I think there will be other contenders in this race, as previously mentioned. I am predicting a breakout winner (me?) or even a solid finish for a midpack driver. I know for a fact that @Bcolli186 is rather quick at this circuit.

Out of the tracks on the calendar, I like Spa the most. Just an iconic track that has everything that you can ask for. The lap is long and surprisingly very difficult to string together everything perfectly. No matter how much time you spend on setup, you're always going to be weak on one part of the circuit, which makes for great racing.
    My favorite European track altogether is Nurburgring - for the same reasons.

===

Andrew: A terrific performance from yourself and Mitchell in Canada really underlined your credentials as WCC contenders and also proved your ever improving speed. Can you keep the good run going?

Why am I being asked this again? Was my answer last week not good enough? :O_o:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    He's done a bloody good job to manage that

• Like Like x 1
  9. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    I love this place, I've raced here 5 times now, never qualified off the front row and always finished top 4 (except for a DNF in AOR S11). I'm really hoping for a good result here, if I can't get a podium here I might as well write myself off.

I think he'll be in contention once again but it seems quite a few drivers have very solid pace here.

I think it has to be this one really, potentially Hungaroring and Hockenheim in a close top 3. They're short, intense laps with soft tyre compounds available and I really enjoy all of them.

10. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13

11. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Solid effort.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +66
    Welcome new Haas drivers!! and good luck!

happy with it and also since the tyre wear is heavy here. you might be quick on the track but if you dont take care of your tyres you could lose heavily here.

for somebody who is new on the wheel he is doing a very good job, i think he is a WC contender in every league he is racing in. Maybe bad luck and get a puncture at Austria...

in terms of race pace i really like the hungarian GP, since it has fast and slow corners combined.

13. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    I hope that I can qualify near @Jerry Moorrees so we can join forces to prevent any bad luck from protruding our vehicles :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    after yesterdays performance i can safely say that if i cannot end my crisis here , then the last hope is me finding a cheat for the game files to give me 200% extra grip lol

15. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    I'm really struggling here. My old setup from last season doesn't work. None of my tweaks work. The tire wear is horrendous. Points of any sort tomorrow would be great.

16. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    I don't know what happened to me. I had no rear grip and noticed it really early in quali. Even messaged shellay, confused at what changed. I actually went onto TT and beat my lap almost immediately so the pace was there. Just **** driving and strategy. Hoping to get back to form here.

17. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    @Milos say hello to your Toro Rosso tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Not been a good week so far. I'm not liking my pace so far here and I've just managed to pull my hamstring muscle in my right leg at my first night of bowling in the summer league. Was a very painful drive home wit leg extended. I may sit out of the race if I wake up and am in a lot of pain.

• Sad Sad x 1
  19. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    Equalling my line pace without it here. 1:07.4s all day. No good for the pole or win but hoping for a clean race at least.

20. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    Don't have a good setup for this track and after doing an hour of TT I hate the track, but I am still getting mid 1.07's so I could be ok.

Last edited: May 16, 2017