• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 5: - Tuesday - 18/04/2017 - 20:00 GMT

Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mikey W
    Constructors' World Championship Leader:
    Mercedes*
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford(2)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Andrew Wood, Alex G, Jerry and Mitchell Haverlag (1)*

Post-Race Interview - Mike Woolford

Q -
    Firstly, congratulations on your win in Russia. That win takes you to the top of the WDC for the first time in 18 months. How does it feel?

Well, firstly to get a win in non-controversial circumstances feels great. It's not just the win that pleases me but also the manner of the win and the track it was on. To be on top of the WDC is really nice but it's only the end of Round 4 and we have a long way to go yet. I'm not under any illusions that I will stay there, I have many drivers sat right behind me ready to take advantage of any mistake.

Q -
    An uncharacteristic drive from Alex, who many view as your main rival this season, allowed you to be where you are. He won't be letting you off the hook lightly too many times this season so how important is it to take advantage of situations like this.

Alex is a tremendous driver. He's shown that over the past 25 races and it would be doing him a major injustice to assume he will make more mistakes. With that said, he still came 5th after what was quite clearly a pretty disastrous race so I think that coming out of Russia he will probably be as happy as I am. We had a chance to catch up in the post-race drivers' meeting and mutually agreed that it's not taking advantage of the races you're good in but limiting the damage in the races you're not so good in. So far, we have both done this and Alex and me will push each other all the way this season.

Q -
    We had a bizzare incident mid-race today where a dog found its way onto the racetrack and compromised Andrew Wood's race. How do you feel about that.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to witness the incident but my race engineer, Theodore, told me about it over the team radio and I must say that, as much as it gave me a laugh at the time, the organisers really should be held accountable for allowing a live animal onto the race track. It could have caused serious injury

Q -
    If reports are to be believed, there was quite a large confrontation between a few drivers in the briefing afterwards with regards to a few incidents during the race.

No comment.

Q -
    Attention now turns to spain and the ''traditional'' start of the European Season. What are your aims for Spain?

It must be said that I do not go well at the track and it's likely due to pre event contractual obligations that I may be unable to qualify for the event. Going to be a long weekend.

Q -
    Finally, after 4 races, we are getting a sense of who the lead driver in each team is. What is your opinion on the team Dynamic between you and Guy?

Certainly the first 4 races have given an early indication of people's relative pace but I do not believe that this team, its owners or drivers, believe in the fact that there is an outright first and second driver. Guy has tremendous talent, he is consistently scoring points and getting better all the time as a driver and will continue to improve as the season progresses. In terms of a dynamic, we don't communicate massively but we both know we can rely on each other for advice and come mid to end of the season you could be seeing two Red Bull Racing drivers on the podium consistently.

If you cannot attend
    If you cannot attend this event, please post in the thread to allow us suitable time to organise replacements. If you do not attend and do not inform us then you will be given an attendance strike. 3 strikes and you are demoted from a full time drive to reserve or requested to not attend further events. Strikes are noted in the Sign-up Thread

Reserve Drivers
    If you are a reserve driver and you want to take part, please do let us know by answering the questions in this thread and we will try to fit you in.

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: Will we finally get a fully dry weekend?

Everyone: We go from the stop start of Russia to the flowing nature of the Spanish GP. Do you think your strength lies in the faster or slower corners?

Everyone: What random act of god do you think will cause Drew to fail this week?

Drew: WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT SHUT THE DOGS OUTSIDE?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ashley Blakeley

Ashley Blakeley

Ratings:
    +212
    Hi

I can race again, unfortunately for you lot

• Love Love x 2
  3. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Already been in more races than last season!

4. Ashley Blakeley

Ashley Blakeley

Ratings:
    +212
    :D that's just how I do things

5. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300

I think we're due for one - then again I always thought we were due for rain last season and we barely got any sessions wet. I think we're paying the price for that now.
    I surprised myself with how close I was to the pole time for Russia yesterday - improvement was possible even so that made me quite happy.

Everyone: We go from the stop start of Russia to the flowing nature of the Spanish GP. Do you think your strength lies in the faster or slower corners?

Spain is just another one of my early season weak tracks - hoping I can find some pace like I did at the other early races. The preseason test here went rather well.

Everyone: What random act of god do you think will cause Drew to fail this week?

Well, I've had pretty much had it all go wrong for me in the last few months ... ranging from scrolling through my menu to check my tire wear mid corner to lag crashes including a spin out of the leadand an airborne trip in Australia earlier this season.

I'm going with angry hornet attack next Tuesday

Drew: WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT SHUT THE DOGS OUTSIDE?

Can we just put this whole horrible moment behind us :cry::cry::cry:

6. mazais5727

mazais5727

Ratings:
    +11
    when your will are stronger than you...

Attached Files:

• Wow Wow x 1
  7. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    If that FOV gets any further back you're going to see the back of your own head..

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Sorry, that really hurts my OCD.

9. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    I'm sorry. Think I am going blind. Might just be that or does it actually say lap 101 in the top corner? If it does, that is f*cked.:O_o:

10. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Post race interview now up..

I just had to do one about the dog...

11. mazais5727

mazais5727

Ratings:
    +11
    yes it is :)

12. mazais5727

mazais5727

Ratings:
    +11
    If that FOV gets any further back-what it means?

13. mazais5727

mazais5727

Ratings:
    +11
    hurts my OCD-what it means?

14. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Left thumb must look like John Cena's torso

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mazais5727

mazais5727

Ratings:
    +11
    nop..only my reaction started to be slower in the end...i know,that i cant set the fast lap in qualify(if only there is not rain :)),so only thing i can hope is the overall race pace and consistency.i really hate spain,monaco,thats way my only option is to practice even harder and hope for a good result in the end of the race. :)

16. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - hate when things are out of place / uneven.

100 laps is good, 105 laps is good. But 101 makes me twitch. Such an odd number!

17. mazais5727

mazais5727

Ratings:
    +11

i like dalmatians,ok!?:) :D

• Haha Haha x 3
  18. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +120
    Questions to drivers:

Hopefully not, always worth getting one wet day a weekend :thumbsup:

My strength lies back in the paddock drinking brandy here.

I've heard there's a swarm of geek Bee's on there way to his area. Apparently they come in and sort Wifi connections out and printers etc.

19. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    I really hope these bees visit me at work. This printer is making me mad

20. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    It's more likely here, but don't count on it. I've had plenty of wet races at this circuit.

Neither, I'm good with medium speed corners and getting good exits. Were I forced to pick however, I'd say I prefer faster corners since they're easier to get a rhythm and flow for, while slow corners are just dull and difficult to consistently ace.

I'm going for random TV power off or perhaps for a seat collapse mid-turn 9 3 laps from the end.