1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 19 - Mexican Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 19: - Tuesday - 1/8/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W

Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (4)*​

Announcement(s)

Thank you for not pressing ''Start Race'' so fast in COTA

Questions:

Everyone: For once, we had a fairly straight forward race in COTA which showed that the two major championship contenders filtered to the front as usual. With a gap of 24 points between Mikey and Alex, who is the favourite?

Everyone: In my opinion COTA and Mexico are very similar tracks, with a fast flowing section followed by a slow twisty part with a long straight in the middle. On the similar layout last week Harry was dominant over one lap, do you expect him to do the same again?

Everyone: Obviously the most used passing zone will be the long pit straight into turn 1. The gap between the start line and T1 could mean a huge group of cars entering turn 1, how unsafe do you feel this is?

Everyone: Who is the driver who is;
    A) The most likely to build a wall?
    B) Most likely to own a Prius?

Everyone: What is your opinion on Mexican food?

Everyone: Please predict your;

Pole Sitter and Time
    Race Winner
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    Fastest Lap setter

* Awaiting standings update

2. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    Q1:
    Alex will be #blessed
    Q2:
    No
    Q3:
    Ask Nervotank :p
    Q4:
    A) Alex
    B) Shellay
    Q5:
    Bwoah, it makes me not hungry so

Pole: someone on supers
    Win: me
    2nd: Wooly
    3rd: Shellay
    4th: Alex
    Fastest lap: someone on supers

3. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Well i cant sleep so here we go

Announcement(s)

Thank you for not pressing ''Start Race'' so fast in COTA

Questions:

Everyone: For once, we had a fairly straight forward race in COTA which showed that the two major championship contenders filtered to the front as usual. With a gap of 24 points between Mikey and Alex, who is the favourite?
    Think at the last race will be decided for the championship. Think Alex is the favourite.

Everyone: In my opinion COTA and Mexico are very similar tracks, with a fast flowing section followed by a slow twisty part with a long straight in the middle. On the similar layout last week Harry was dominant over one lap, do you expect him to do the same again?
    Think so. But imo his race pace wasnt that great. Was keeping up on him last race.

Everyone: Obviously the most used passing zone will be the long pit straight into turn 1. The gap between the start line and T1 could mean a huge group of cars entering turn 1, how unsafe do you feel this is? Think the same as COTA everyone is gonna take it carefully

A) The most likely to build a wall? You mikey
    B) Most likely to own a Prius? Again you mikey sorry:p

Everyone: What is your opinion on Mexican food? Think its good

Pole Sitter and Time Mikey with a 1:17.8
    Race Winner Alex
    2nd harry
    3rd andrew
    4th me
    Fastest Lap setter me

4. SJM1337

SJM1337

Ratings:
    +136
    Won't be able to make it this week.

• Angry Angry x 1
  5. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    I missed COTA but I'd say Mikey given his lead, but I expect Alex to close the gap by seasons end
    I wouldn't say they're too similar, but I believe Harry has the qualy pace to challenge for pole
    Everyone: Obviously the most used passing zone will be the long pit straight into turn 1. The gap between the start line and T1 could mean a huge group of cars entering turn 1, how unsafe do you feel this is?
    Well judging by Xbox AOR last year very unsafe :p But it's our job to keep it clean
    A) The most likely to build a wall? Andrew's profile picture is literally Trump so... ;)
    B) Most likely to own a Prius? Me because I don't care which road car I drive (not that I have one, I just wouldn't mind driving one)

Never tried it but I like spicy stuff

Pole Sitter and Time Alex (1:17.1)
    Race Winner Alex
    2nd Harry
    3rd Wooly
    4th RBOS
    Fastest Lap setter Walsh

6. Mitchell Haverlag

Mitchell Haverlag

Ratings:
    +75
    This week I can join again! :thumbsup:

Everyone: For once, we had a fairly straight forward race in COTA which showed that the two major championship contenders filtered to the front as usual. With a gap of 24 points between Mikey and Alex, who is the favourite? Both had their ups and downs. Lets see who can keep the momentum up! That will decide the championship.

Everyone: In my opinion COTA and Mexico are very similar tracks, with a fast flowing section followed by a slow twisty part with a long straight in the middle. On the similar layout last week Harry was dominant over one lap, do you expect him to do the same again? Yes.

Everyone: Obviously the most used passing zone will be the long pit straight into turn 1. The gap between the start line and T1 could mean a huge group of cars entering turn 1, how unsafe do you feel this is? It should not be an issue.

Everyone: What is your opinion on Mexican food? Much appreciated!

Pole Sitter and Time Harry: 1.17.001.
    Race Winner: Mikey
    2nd Alex
    3rd Harry
    4th Walsh
    Fastest Lap setter: Alex

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    I actually own a Yaris haha, same Marque..

• Angry Angry x 1
  8. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79

Definetly Mikey, as he has everything in his hands, but untill the last corner of the last lap on the last race nothing is decided

If he is a man then no, but as he tends to be a pussy and turning on the line i think he will get pole again

Depends on the drivers but i think that there might be a bit of a carnage in T1, just hoping not to be there

Shellay
    Sean

Rough on the stomach

Pole Sitter and Time Harry with a -1:17,1
    Race Winner Mikey
    2nd Harry
    3rd Myself
    4th RBOS
    Fastest Lap setter
    Sean

9. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Lol :p

10. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Well there goes my tuesday night. Going to the cinema to the movie Dunkirk

11. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    So any of the reserve drivers can have my Renault for tomorrow

12. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Alex because he is beginning to be #blessed once again.

I expect him to be absent.

Would rather run head first into Islamic State territory with a sign saying "shoot me".

Drew
    Drew

Love it.

Pole Sitter and Time
    Me. 1.14.5
    Race Winner Me
    2nd Me
    3rd Me
    4th Not me
    Fastest Lap setter Me

13. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +11
    Looking forward to this, done about 5 laps on time trial.

14. Mitchell Haverlag

Mitchell Haverlag

Ratings:
    +75
    It should be forbidden! Cheating bastards :thumbsdown:;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Questions:

I would say Mikey wants it more so I think he is going to get it. Alex is completely checked out from championship mode and this game.

Perhaps when he races again ....

I have full confidence that the guys in this league are going to take care of each other in to turn 1 and we will all get out unscathed.

A) The most likely to build a wall? Alex
    B) Most likely to own a Prius? Guy

It's pretty good. I like enchiladas especially.

Pole Sitter and Time Mitchell 1:17.9
    Race Winner Mikey
    2nd Mitchell
    3rd Tom
    4th Alex
    Fastest Lap setter Alex 1:18.5

I'll start preparing reserves and such. Right now I count 18 tonight.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  16. Walsh89-

Walsh89-

Ratings:
    +14
    Sorry guys I'm working late all this month so will miss the remaining races by the looks of it. I was hoping to switch a couple of the shifts to mornings but unfortunately I can't.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully the championship between wooly and Alex goes down to the wire in Abu Dhabi.

17. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Thanks for letting us know Walsh! Maybe we see you back for the next game?

18. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    I'm about 1 sec off the pace, and I honestly don't give a ****.

19. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Andrew can i have the Renault back? Im racing tonight.

20. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Of course you can. No one took it from you ..