1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 16 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 16: - Tuesday - 12/7/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W

Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (4)

Announcement(s)

Questions:

Everyone: Finally, Woolford got his championship run back on track with a win in Singapore. It was an uncharacteristic error by Alex which allowed him to coast to the win in the end. This really highlights how much pressure these situations hold. Have you ever been in the championship hunt, either here or elsewhere, and how did you manage the occasion?

Everyone: We go from the tight twisting Singapore circuit to the fast, flowing Malaysian Grand Prix, for possibly the final time. What is your opinion on the Malaysia GP track?

Everyone: Who is the driver who is;
    A) Your biggest surprise for performances this season?
    B) Your biggest disappointment for performances this season?

Everyone: Please predict your;

Pole Sitter and Time
    Race Winner
    2nd
    3rd
    7th

2. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    Everyone: Finally, Woolford got his championship run back on track with a win in Singapore. It was an uncharacteristic error by Alex which allowed him to coast to the win in the end. This really highlights how much pressure these situations hold. Have you ever been in the championship hunt, either here or elsewhere, and how did you manage the occasion?

Iast season RD i joined a bit too late to be in the championship hunt but S12 AOR i had an enourmous title battle with JIM-Nervotank and i was on the losig side unfortunatly . Also i think being in a party chat is still a little bit distracting me for, i usually need radio silence at home to be competetive, but i am here rather for the social aspect then for wins and titles

Everyone: We go from the tight twisting Singapore circuit to the fast, flowing Malaysian Grand Prix, for possibly the final time. What is your opinion on the Malaysia GP track?

One of my favourite tracks, very unfortunate that this track will be scrapped from F1 for 2018

A) TomAJ91
    B) Mitchell or Myself

Pole Sitter and Time Mikey
    Race Winner Mikey
    2nd Harry
    3rd Shellay
    7th Mazais

3. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Harry isn't racing so try again, lol

4. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Absent. Will be in Cardiff on Tuesday and my wireless pad connection doesn't stretch that far :unsure:

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Appears we will be light on attendance for this race so far unless we get some huge reserve input.

Up to 5 absences now.

6. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +11
    I will be absent from this race as I'm going away for a week! Just an FYI. Ill answer the questions anyway.

Me? In the championship hunt? Not a for a while I think.

I really dont like it so I'm happy I'm going on hoilday for this race

A) Your biggest surprise for performances this season? Well I can only go on whats a surprise for me and the pace of Mikey when hes on it is pretty crazy. Alex a close 2nd.

B) Your biggest disappointment for performances this season? Even though me and him are quite friendly (even after our mess in Singapore) its gotta be Sean.

Pole Sitter and Time RBOS 1.33.9
    Race Winner Mikey
    2nd Alex
    3rd RBOS
    7th Bcoli

7. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300

It can all come crashing down with one mistake at Singapore. The win at Singapore was very well-driven, but as we've seen in this championship, you gotta take it week by week.

I hate this track - it's my worst on this game. I'll be sweating this one just like I did Singapore to continue my top 5 streak.

A) Your biggest surprise for performances this season? Myself or Mikey
    B) Your biggest disappointment for performances this season? Mitchell or Alex

Pole Sitter and Time Milos - 1:35.1
    Race Winner Alex
    2nd Milos
    3rd Mikey
    7th Andrew

8. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Anyone else going to be out for this week?
    I need some reserves ...

Mercedes (1)
    Ferrari (1)
    Force India (1)
    Renault (1)
    Sauber (2)

Otherwise, we are looking at a diminished grid for next race!

First come, first serve - choose what car you'd like above.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  9. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    There is always a chance that I'm there but it's good that you are not counting on it. Just keep giving me invites if possible thx..

• Like Like x 2
  10. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    No problem! I am trying to leave your car as the last possible one to be taken by a reserve anyway. At the moment we have more empty slots than reserves, so that's why I just posted the array of cars that remain.

11. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13

Questions:

I dont know didnt have one so far.

On the ps3 Malaysian was one off my favourite tracks but on the ps4 i dont like it that much. In real life Malaysian is a good track for battles

Biggest surprise: Tom
    Biggest disappointment: definitely me

Pole Sitter and Time: Mikey with a 1:34.5
    Race Winner: Mikey
    2nd: Alex
    3rd: Andrew
    7th: Me

12. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    I havn't in my short league racing career (unless 3 races leading AOR F3 before I got promoted counts :p) but in real life I have been involved in karting championship battles, the first time was for a novice championship where I bottled it at the last race and spun, but after that I feel I thrived under pressure when I was competing for the actual title, but real life is very different from a game, a game is far more difficult to get in the "zone" in, which is what stops you from bottling it :p
    Shame it's going next year :/ I've never league raced on it before but It's kinda annoying to drive though with them tricky corners but who doesn't like a challenge? Lots of overtaking opportunities too
    A) Your biggest surprise for performances this season? From when I joined Karl has been beasting it, so him
    B) Your biggest disappointment for performances this season? Don't know :p

Pole Sitter and Time Alex (don't know what a good time is here :p)
    Race Winner Alex
    2nd Karl
    3rd Woolford
    7th Me I guess ;)

13. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    Q1:
    When I think about it, actually I haven't, other than career mode. But career mode is easy.
    Q2:
    Honestly, I don't enjoy driving it all that much, I don't like long corners, but this track always seems to give me a good result and I like it for that alone. I'll miss Malaysia for sure.
    Q3:
    Surprise, probably wooly or Karl. Harry was a bit disappointing in the races I took part in.

Pole: Alex, a 1:33
    1st: Alex
    2nd: me
    3rd: Shellay
    7th: Klay

14. SJM1337

SJM1337

Ratings:
    +136

I've taken part in 2 championship deciders, the first one all I had to do was finish 2nd behind Mikey in Abu Dhabi 6 years ago and it was pretty simple, I took the title by 14 points.

The 2nd one I was involved in was a lot more complicated, it was in this very league a few years ago on F1 2012, I went into the final race with the championship lead and started on pole but cracked under pressure near the end of the race, me and Alistair were battling it out for the championship, but then I braked on a wet patch and went into the wall. :(

One of my favorite tracks for racing, it's not necessarily incredible to drive all the time since it's very tricky but when it comes to side by side action it's right up there.

Pole Sitter and Time: Alex - Mid 33
    Race Winner: Mikey
    2nd: Alex
    3rd: RBOS
    7th: Guy

15. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    This game man.

Tells me it's too wet as I come out of the final corner so I have to do a lap on dry tyres. Then tells me AS IM IN MY PIT BOX putting on wets as it's heavy rain ''Oh yeah it's gonna stop raining in 5''.

Assholes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Heart wasn't in it today. Chose the wrong setup in the garage and even though I had the opportunity to change it on the grid because this game is so glitched, I stuck with it.

If we had a full grid that was easily a 13th - 14th place drive from me today even when I was trying. Lucky to get 2 points again as usual. Thank God I never have to drive on this track ever again.

17. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    **** this game

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    YEAHHHH BOYZZZZZZZ!!! :D My first win since my league racing debut in AOR Australia 20 races ago! That was the most intense race in my league racing career by far. congrats Walsh for a great battle and Alex for a great comeback ;)

19. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    Not a spectacular race, a top 3 lap in quali but I run out of fuel at the final corner, the gamble for double softs didn't pay off cos the rain came too late, wish I had some mediums instead but I chose the softer tyre strategy which itself was a mistake I regretted instantly, and in the wet the pace was poor, the tyres got really worn out again, and wooly banged me off the track for the second race in succession, like Shellay gets banged by that BBC guy from the twitter chat :D
    But really, i was quite satisfied with my pace, considering I ran no racing line in the dry, that I was able to stick with the top times had I not run out of fuel, and fastest lap, despite this TV's standard resolution cutting off my lamp post I use for braking :p

20. SJM1337

SJM1337

Ratings:
    +136
    Disappointed that my race ended on the first lap, think I could of worked myself to somewhere near the front but thanks to some pretty awful collision physics from Codemasters I ended up in the wall, but it happens I guess, looking forward to Suzuka!