• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 15 - Singapore Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 15: - Tuesday - 5/7/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W

Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (3)

Announcements
    Please all welcome Erik and Jani formally into the league. They took part in the Monza race but this will be their first thread with intros!

Questions:

Everyone: The Woolford slide seems like it wont stop any time now, with Karl a doubt Alex has once again risen to the top as the most likely driver to challenge him. After previously counting himself out of the championship pre Monaco, are you expecting Alex to take the title?

Everyone: Monza was a terrible race, filled with carnage, incidents and lack of slipstream. It is a good thing therefore that we now head to an easier, safer track in Singapore. What are your opinions on the circuit?

Everyone: Please predict your;

Pole Sitter and Time
    Race Winner
    2nd
    3rd
    14th

Mazais: Do you hate me?

2. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +11
    Everyone: The Woolford slide seems like it wont stop any time now, with Karl a doubt Alex has once again risen to the top as the most likely driver to challenge him. After previously counting himself out of the championship pre Monaco, are you expecting Alex to take the title?

Well I honestly think that as long as he shows up Karl will win the championship, I was surprised at Woolys lack of pace at Monza, either that or I was absolutely on it.

As dominant as Mikey was in the beginning I think he'll either pull it back and thrash the competition or itll come down to Alex & Karl.

After his Monaco performance, Singapore is Mikeys to lose.

Everyone: Monza was a terrible race, filled with carnage, incidents and lack of slipstream. It is a good thing therefore that we now head to an easier, safer track in Singapore. What are your opinions on the circuit?

NO - let's go back to Monza, I had no crashes, no issues and had epic pace, even with the slipstream glitch.

Pole Sitter and Time Alex
    Race Winner Mikey
    2nd Alex
    3rd Karl
    14th Me

Mazais: Do you hate me?

He loves you

3. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +82

No, Momentum is a bitch so the season starts fram scrtch from now on

you kidding,? three safety cars and a carnage fest are inbound lol

Pole Sitter and Time Saif
    Race Winner Karl
    2nd Saif
    3rd Mikey
    14th Myself

4. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    1) yes he's #blessed
    2) wouldn't say Singapore is easier, but I like street circuits. In the past however, safety cars screwed me bad here.

Pole Sitter and Time me
    Race Winner alex
    2nd shellay
    3rd harry
    14th me

5. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300

The Woolford slide sounds extremely inappropriate.
    I don't think Alex has enough to take the title because he doesn't seem as focused as last season, but I do think the championship fight will last a little longer than we all predicted.

I was a lucky benefactor of all of the issues at Monza, so I think I need to actually drive flawlessly at Monza because my luck of good finishes in this league has to eventually run out. This is statistically my best track and was happy to finish on the podium last season so I'm hoping for some similar results.

Pole Sitter and Time Wooly with a 1:41.0
    Race Winner Me
    2nd Alex
    3rd Mazais
    14th Sean

6. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Looks like the sarcasm in my Singapore track ease question was missed lol

7. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    #languagebarrier

8. Walsh89-

Walsh89-

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm hoping to be able to make it this week after missing the last few for various reasons.

Alex has the ability so if he can get his consistency back then I'm sure he could challenge Wooly for the title.

Singapore is obviously a tough circuit and the race is always the longest of the season and with the barriers close it requires a lot of concentration from everyone. Previously I've had some good races at Singapore and I don't mind the track overall, a little bit mickey mouse in places but i do prefer the new layout over the bridge.

Pole Sitter and Time: Alex 1:40.5
    Race Winner: Alex
    2nd: RBOS
    3rd: Wooly
    14th: Me most likely, though that is a little high. :p

9. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    GOOD NEWS @Mikey Woolford

Your chances of being taken out at Singapore are now significantly reduced as I have been called into work on Tuesday evening. Looks like I will never get to do a Singapore league race :(

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    This is Colli-flower's big moment to impress Manor then :D:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Not really liking this track. Definitely going to crash into the bridge

12. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Mikey will get it.

Yeah. Easy. My favourite track. Its awesome.

Pole Sitter and Time
    Mikey 1.39.9
    Race Winner
    Mikey
    2nd
    Alex
    3rd
    Walsh
    14th
    RBOS on pure pace. U Mad?

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    39.9 is brave

• Love Love x 1
  14. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    More accurate than Drew's 41.0. That was just insulting...

15. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    It was a wild guess. I'm old, I don't remember lap times

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. janbo

janbo

Ratings:
    +8
    Questions:

Q1: I really have no idea.

Q2: Yes, corners, finally! Singapore is a very neat track I think. I expect big gaps in qualifying, but consistent race pace is likely to pay dividends over ultimate pace. Glitching slipstreams are not a big issue here, either. This is a really fun track in the cockpit cam - you can tickle your testicles on the walls and the track is not as bumpy as Monaco. In fact, it must be one of the smoothest tracks on calendar. Pit entry can be tricky.

I did some old Finnish folk magic, and read a rain spell from Kalevala. Qualifying will be dry, but the race will be started on inters and finished on full wets:

Pole: Desimpele_K 1:40.2
    1st: Mikey
    2nd: Mazais
    3rd: Me
    14th: Erik (Sorry bro I know you don't like wet weather )=

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Hey guys, please let me know soonest if you have to miss the race this week so I can work on reserves. I know sometimes your absences crop up either Monday or sometime on Tuesday but this will limit the amount of scrambling I have to do. Thanks!

18. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Questions:

Everyone: The Woolford slide seems like it wont stop any time now, with Karl a doubt Alex has once again risen to the top as the most likely driver to challenge him. After previously counting himself out of the championship pre Monaco, are you expecting Alex to take the title? Maybe. But i think Karl is gonna win the title

Everyone: Monza was a terrible race, filled with carnage, incidents and lack of slipstream. It is a good thing therefore that we now head to an easier, safer track in Singapore. What are your opinions on the circuit? Its a pretty good track like the circuit. Hope its gonna rain in Singapore :p

Pole Sitter and Time: Think Karl with a 1:40.2
    Race Winner: Mikey
    2nd: Alex
    3rd: me
    14th: I really have no idea

Mazais: Do you hate me?[/QUOTE]

19. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    Stop putting me for title and especially pole lol. If I am there on tuesday, I'll miss qualy. For the furter future I have no idea yet.. just throw me an invite and you'll see :)

• Love Love x 1
  20. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    I think he definitely has the ability, so I don't see why not, I've always said he's most likely to comeback :p
    I love it! It's a top 3 track for me with Spain and Germany, should be able to challenge for the podium :)

Pole Sitter and Time Alex 1:40.3
    Race Winner Alex
    2nd Woolford
    3rd Me
    14th Tom (IDK just chose a random guy :p )