1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 14: - Tuesday - 20/6/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W
    Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (3)

Announcements

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: Monza was the scene of Woolford's turn around last season and his first win. Is it written in the stars that he will win once again here this season?

Everyone: Spa was a race of high attrition, with many causalities. Monza with it's slow corner speeds should be less dramatic. If you were to crash, where do you expect it to be?

Everyone: It looks as though Mercedes are now running away with their championship. Who will be their closest challengers at seasons end?

Everyone: Who are your top 3 finishers for this race.?

Everyone: Which version of S1 do you prefer, the current version or the late 90s?

2. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Everyone: Monza was the scene of Woolford's turn around last season and his first win. Is it written in the stars that he will win once again here this season?
    I have a feeling Karl or Alex will take this one, so no :p
    Everyone: Spa was a race of high attrition, with many causalities. Monza with it's slow corner speeds should be less dramatic. If you were to crash, where do you expect it to be?
    By myself: Both lesmo exits
    With others: Parabolica or Ascari
    Everyone: It looks as though Mercedes are now running away with their championship. Who will be their closest challengers at seasons end?
    I don't know the standings but I think Renault have a good lineup so I'll just say them ;)
    1. Karl
    2. Alex
    3. Mikey/Me(Optimism! :D)
    Everyone: Which version of S1 do you prefer, the current version or the late 90s?
    I'd imagine the old version would be a bit weird to drive with the current cars, so I'll say the new one :p

3. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Hey guys, pls vote in the poll before the end of the weekend. Thanks.
    I'm capping the number needed to postpone at 8. If we get 8 votes, we skip Tuesday and do Italy the following week. If we get 7 or less, we will race Tuesday.

4. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Questions to drivers:
    Maybe not. Think i gonna win the race:p

Think lesbi euh mean lesbo:D:p

Probarly Ferrari or Renault maybe red bull

1: mikey
    2. Andrew
    3. Me

Then i say the current never driven the old version

5. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't believe in that kind of faith. It could be that he is just comfortable on this track, which will give him some confidence and that he has a good race. So it could very well happen that he'll score some good points, but it has nothing to do with luck or something.

I don't think I'll crash by a driving mistake, but if I do it'll probably be at the exit of Ascari or running just a bit wide in Parabolica and not lift enough when I get on the green paint.

No idea, honestly. I feel like Renault is pretty strong, so I'll say them.

1) Karl
    2) Alex
    3) Mikey

Current version, probably, since I don't really know the late 90's.

6. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    I think last season Woolford had a little bit of luck that a certain someone decided to bin it into the wall after 100 meters ;););)

He is on a bad run again, but his championchip position is vastly different from last season, but i think the likes of Karl Hrry and Shellay might be a bit stringer then him atm.

Lesmo 2, always running wide there....

preferable nobody, i think if Sean starts to get his pace actually turned into results Renault might be a good shout for P2 alongide Red Bull

1. Harry
    2.Karl
    3.Mikey

I think the variant of the late 90's is better to driver , but for overtaking the current format is the best

7. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Probably. But with a trouble-free run I think Alex is the favourite around here.

Start/finish straight.

Haven't looked at the tables since Baku so idk. Red bull I guess.

1)Alex
    2)Harry
    3)Mikey

The new one. Although I love watching Damon Hill taking himself out on the old layout in 1996 for Schumi to win the race.

8. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    We have 8 votes on the thread + Fredrik and Callum that have personally mentioned to me that they cannot make it, so we will take a week break this week.

This race will be run on the 27th of June, and I will have the calendar adjusted accordingly. Enjoy the Tuesday night off!

9. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3
    So just to be sure, we're racing at Monza not in 2 days, but in 9 days? We're not skipping Italy entirely right?

10. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Yes that is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    I don't quite get it tbh; we sign up knowing what the calendar will be right? I mean, when I get busy, will you also postpone for me? I think I'm on holiday the week after our calendar finished, so now I'll miss the last race? If you don't want to race this week, at least just skip the event and make sure the calendar is done when it's supposed to be done because it's in the middle of the summer then and people will get on holiday...

12. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Karl.

It is quite apparent that at this time of year, end of the school terms, that quite a lot of our younger drivers have exams to focus on.

Now, as I agree that we signed up knowing that there would be this issue and that it is an hour a week it's really not that bad. But if we go into a race missing 8 people, as would be indicated by the poll, you would be the one moaning that nobody has turned up.

If this was one driver, as it has been in the past few races minus Spa, it would be okay we would continue, but it's not and I have to look after the following;

The interests of the league
    The effects of the race on RD in general
    The personal interests of 20 drivers

and most importantly, seeing these guys do the best work possible on their exams because it'll shape their lives. I flunked my exams, for lack of a better word.

I don't want this to happen to these guys as they are effectively ''my guys'' and ''my friends'' first and foremost.

If it helps at all with your upcoming argument. This also means I'll miss the final race. But I'd rather miss one race than have 8 people miss a race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    I agree on all of your points but that doesnt mean it should be postponed.. btw if the race would go ahead, I expect less than 5 people to miss the race. How many did already say in this topic that they wouldnt make it?

14. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    Also a poll like this and not written is really funny for something like this on a forum. We can all make so many accounts and vote for what we want. Really interested to know who actually has exams wednesday

15. Ashley Blakeley

Ashley Blakeley

Ratings:
    +212
    They might have an exam thursday or friday too.....

16. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Drew wrote the poll name, so you'll have to query that with him.

However, there is no chance that someone would care enough to make multiple accounts.

We could see who is voting for what and if they are not part of the league anyway.

17. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    I'm really quite baffled that you are finding some way to complain about something that was done fairly, orderly, and with plenty of time to make these plans.

We run a league and the point of this league is to get as many people in cars for every race as we possibly can. This time of year it is notorious that people are busy with schoolwork and other extracurricular activities. I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that people have been unable to make races because of this and I was beginning to feel like we needed to maybe take a break. We've been going non stop since Australia and we deserve to take one week off so everyone can sort of reset.

At the moment we have 10 drivers that are not available to race Tuesday, myself included. I risked it last week and was late to work and I can't afford to do that for two weeks in a row. And I can point out every one in that list save 1 or 2 for saying they were busy this week on RD, the group chat, or in a private message to me. That would still make this number 8.

Bottom line is - this action was decided by you all - the drivers. Not myself and Mikey on a power trip.

Sorry that this now means that you are going to miss a race at the end of the season but I am willing to bet we will have more drivers show up to that race than this coming week and that's what matters. This discussion is over.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    **** then i miss the race next tuesday. I with school on camp. Well then i gonna miss a race

19. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    You would have missed a race then anyway lol. No scheduled break weeks here!

20. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    I know mikey was looking for it next week but i cant:unsure: